Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Quick Zaino Q

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Garibaldi
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Quick Zaino Q

First apologies for the bandwidth. I've searched and haven't found a clear answer to this question: After the Dawn, claybar, Z1/Z5, wait overnight, does every other application of Z2 or Z5 have to cure overnight? I still have traditional Zaino Z1,2,5, and 6 and do not use FX. Strangely, I could find no mention of Z1 on Zaino's web site.

Thanks,
GP
Old 05-24-2007, 10:37 AM
bonesbr549
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not an expert, I just bought the kit and did my car this past week-end. I followed the directions that came with the kit. This may not apply to you if you don't have the zfx. I think that speeds up the curing process. Call them, the guy I spoke to before I bought was extremely helpful and said if I had any questions call.
1) Dawn
2) wash with zaino wash
2) Clay Bar
3) Z6,z5,z2 (z5,z2 with zfx) 3 coats each. I had to wait about 20 minutes between coats (time to drink a beer)
Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Z-1 has been discontinued. It has been replaced with ZFX. You can also use Zaino All-In-One as a first step as well.

ZFX is a major time saver. You can apply up to 3 coats of your Z2/Z5 using ZFX back to back in a 24 hour period.

To answer your question. The "text book" answer is that you should wait 24 hours before applying a second coat if not using ZFX. With that being said, people on this forum have posted about not waiting and applying additional coats within the 24 hours. Not sure what that will result in though. I always use ZFX so I never did much research on it.

Last edited by mrosa65; 05-24-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You should wait I am told at least 12 hours to give time to properly cure or you are not layering properly. Most times I detail I wait until the next day, Wipe with Z6 and then apply second layer while still clean and fresh. My $0.02 Good luck and
Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

That's why I use ZFX, I hate to wait and want it done right away.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Z-1 has been discontinued. It has been replaced with ZFX. You can also use Zaino All-In-One as a first step as well.

ZFX is a major time saver. You can apply up to 3 coats of your Z2/Z5 using ZFX back to back in a 24 hour period.

To answer your question. The "text book" answer is that you should wait 24 hours before applying a second coat if not using ZFX. With that being said, people on this forum have posted about not waiting and applying additional coats within the 24 hours. Not sure what that will result in though. I always use ZFX so I never did much research on it.

Go with the ZFX, you will be glad you did. You wil also want to check and make sure you have the latest version of Zaino also as it too is greatly improved. It is now Z5 Pro and Z2 Pro. And since we are on the subject, look into his two new products Z-AIO and Clear Seal. They are both AWESOME. Actually if you are still back at Z1 you probably need Z8 too. It is like Z6 on Steroids and actually adds protection to your finish and extends your polishes life.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Garibaldi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by agentf1

Go with the ZFX, you will be glad you did. You wil also want to check and make sure you have the latest version of Zaino also as it too is greatly improved. It is now Z5 Pro and Z2 Pro. And since we are on the subject, look into his two new products Z-AIO and Clear Seal. They are both AWESOME. Actually if you are still back at Z1 you probably need Z8 too. It is like Z6 on Steroids and actually adds protection to your finish and extends your polishes life.
Once I'm done with the product I have, I'll invest in the latest and greatest. I'm way too cheap to throw out what I have. And, to tell the truth, I'm delerious about Z1/Z2/Z5/Z6.

Thanks,
GP
Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Garibaldi
Once I'm done with the product I have, I'll invest in the latest and greatest. I'm way too cheap to throw out what I have. And, to tell the truth, I'm delerious about Z1/Z2/Z5/Z6.

Thanks,
GP
Nothing wrong with the older version, it is still better than everything else on the market but they did incorporate some nice improvements into the new formula.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:26 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 915 Likes on 451 Posts

From a fellow cheap New Englader (but you Mainers are the worst) use the old stuff on some other lesser vehicles. The vette is worthy of the newer products. You won't be disappointed.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Bowhunter2001
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrosa65

I have put several coats of Z5P & Z2P with Z6 in between, on without the ZFX. I have it, but, when I rub the polish, like the instructions say, with my finger and it rubs off clear, it must be dry. I may be wrong, but you decide.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:50 PM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I still have 11 bottles left of Z-1.

I tell my customers to wait 8 hours between single applications without ZFX.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Zaino Q

Quick Reply: Quick Zaino Q