Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

unbelievable way to wash car streakless

Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM
twfreightman
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I would never use a micro fiber towell and I would never start swiping around morning dew on an otherwise dry car. Dust settles on the car and you will swirl the paint unless you gently float the grit off with water before drying it....with a 100% cotton all white PREMIUM quality towel....and a second wipe down with Zaino Z6 is a necessity.

We all have our own formula for pampering our paint. I just do what Sal Zaino says and it flat works.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:29 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a lot of dust floating around and I would certainly run water over the car as well and then use my leaf blower. Micro for the tiny touch-ups.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 PM
anthony2823
Racer

Originally Posted by jabez
You never heard of a microfiber towel before?

PS Use soap before rinsing or you will be sorry
Sooo highly agree!

I use 2 buckets when i am washing my car, the first bucket is to let the dirt collect after wringing out the mit the second is to lather again with soap.

You will end up getting clear coat marks from dirt collecting between the fibers. It will lift only to an extent but sooner or later the dirt will mark up the paint.

Drying I use one microfiber per panel of the car. The car looks better then 97% of dealer corvettes after 3-4 weeks of them washing it.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It's not a substitute for washing your car properly but for drying you can't beat the Absorber brand towel. My son worked one summer for a 'high end' car dealer and turned me on to it. I used it once and never used another leather chamois again. I dry my C6 with the Absorber and one large terrycloth towel. When I'm done the terrycloth towel isn't even damp.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the blue towel is "The Absorber." It dries better than a chamis. I have started using an electric leaf blower as my main means of a spotless and fastest dry.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 AM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jim213
There is a lot of dust floating around and I would certainly run water over the car as well and then use my leaf blower. Micro for the tiny touch-ups.
A squeegee works well too.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Patman
That's why every new black car I've seen on a dealership lots already has a disgusting amount of swirl marks in it!
exactly! and jabez above is right, too.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:07 AM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

I had to purchase a water softener because of hard water stains in my appliances, and this also helps to keep the water spots away. I use a leaf blower to get about 90% of the water off my car, then wipe down the remaining water with a 100% cotton towel.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:11 AM
avacorvette
Burning Brakes

Location: Canonsburg home of Yenko Chevy (gone but not forgotten) Western PA

Originally Posted by chucky7
One day while I was at my chevy dealership in the early AM, when there was alot of dew on the cars in the parking lot, I saw a guy who wiped down at least 20 cars in less than 20 minutes, spotless.
After being amazed at how he did it, I went over to ask him.
Basically, since there was dew on the cars from an early fog, the cars were allready wet. He showed me a microfiber towel that he purchased in Wallmart auto dept. (blue one about 2' X 3', $10.00). Then, he gave me a free lesson.

I went home and tried it and actually washed and dried my car spotless within 3-4 minutes.
I never use any soap on my car, only water.
You rinse the car off with a hose. Then wet the microfiber towel and wrench out all of the water from it as usual. Then fold the towel in 1/2 so that the size is about 2' square and start with the top of the car. Lay the towel flat and drag the towel from the front to the back. Then make several other passes again only where it is still wet. Squeeze out the water and continue on the sides and the rest of the car. I assure you that if you do this correctly, all of the water will be removed with only one pass with 0 streaks!!!

Try this, you won't believe the results.

Charlie

Use Wax As You Dry from Eagle with the absorbant towel. You will be amazed.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:19 AM
shaunsexton
Advanced

Microfiber towls have polyester in them. thats why they snag your hand a little when you rub accross it. microfiber will microscratch. very bad for black. i would always use 100% cotton made in america. its hard to find, but there out there. also i would never dry my car by touching it with anything. i have owned a lot of black cars and have learned the hard way.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 AM
fright88
Safety Car

Sounds kinda like my absorber. Kinda the same method for drying my car here.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sabooher
I use the same towel. Actually I have three of them. They're great! I haven't been to the carwash in at least four weeks but after three coats of RejeX the water just rolls off the car. It rained today on my way home from work. The car was still wet, I dried it off and took some quick detail spray and voila, not one swirl mark in my black paint either.
You take your car to a carwash?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:05 AM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

So, is my gas powered echo leaf blower no good? Everyone keeps mentioning electric; you think the gas powered blower emits particles of oil?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by shaunsexton
Microfiber towls have polyester in them. thats why they snag your hand a little when you rub accross it. microfiber will microscratch. very bad for black. i would always use 100% cotton made in america. its hard to find, but there out there. also i would never dry my car by touching it with anything. i have owned a lot of black cars and have learned the hard way.
Not all.

The DF Concourse MF towles are all natural fiber. I have a black car and I have no swirl issues from the MF towels.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb13
So, is my gas powered echo leaf blower no good? Everyone keeps mentioning electric; you think the gas powered blower emits particles of oil?
On another thread someone mentioned that some of the gas powered units exhaust through the blower.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:39 AM
50MileSmile
Burning Brakes

Received 213 Likes on 97 Posts

For gas-powered blowers that run their exhaust through the air nozzle to help reduce sound levels, the gases and particulates in the exhaust could adhere to your paint.

I use an air compressor with a water trap in the line to eliminate condensation buildup in the air line.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06 Mike
Not all.

The DF Concourse MF towles are all natural fiber. I have a black car and I have no swirl issues from the MF towels.
Love your avatar, or whatever it's called. Rat pelosi in person...I've been using Eagle 1 Nano car wash--best I've ever used! Gives a shine like a spray wax was just used. I may start using the leaf blower, as even the water blade in one hand and a mf towel in the other can't get the water off quickly enough to not spot and have to go over it again. Or I may try Mr. Clean's spotless system. My driveway faces west and the sun is always shining when I wash the black Vette, so water spots are a big pita.

Get notified of new replies

To unbelievable way to wash car streakless

Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I always blast the car with plain water prior to soap to loosen and remove some surface dust. I'd never just wipe down no matter what kind of material. It depends a lot on what's in the air to settle on the car and what you've recently picked up on the road. There's no substitute IMO for CLEAN soapy water and CLEAN wash towels.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:16 PM
rollin18
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chucky7
The point is, no matter how you choose to wash your car, the drying is the icing on the cake. Every time it comes out spotless with one swipe of the open microfiber cloth. Just remember to wet the cloth in the beginning and wring it out. I have only used water on my car to remove the dust. My car doesn't see rain so I rinse it only with water. The drying will work no matter how you wash it.
i just use one of those california dusters as long as its nothing more than dust
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM
rollin18
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gas is NOISY!! dirty exhaust, heavy,

electric you have to deal with cords uhhh]]

the ABSORBER is the BEST!!! i used lots of things over the years
but this is amazing it feels kind of like soft rubber, you dont even need to wipe with it, just Dab the water beads!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: unbelievable way to wash car streakless