Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Coming Soon .... Ultimate Detailing Machine

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Default Coming Soon .... Ultimate Detailing Machine

After intense beta testing by many people, including Max, we are proud to announce that Autogeek.net and all PBMA websites will be carrying Ultimate Detailing Machine random orbital polisher.

The Ultimate Detailing Machine will be offered as the machine itself, grouped with pads, and grouped with pads and chemicals, similar to the Porter Cable 7424. As for the Porter Cable, we will continue to carry it as it is a very good machine. People looking to step up to a more aggressive machine than the Porter Cable 7424 and still want the user-friendly aspect of an orbital polisher will be very pleased with the Ultimate Detailing Machine.

Max and David Bynon agree that this machine offers the user a more powerful machine but without some of the risks of a rotary. We’re so confident in the Ultimate Detailing Machine that we’ve pre-ordered 1800 units for our first shipment, estimated to arrive June 1.

Here’s the info on the Ultimate Detailing Machine released by David:

Ultimate Detailing Machine(TM)
The new machine will be called the Ultimate Detailing Machine it will feature:

1. 5.5 AMP motor (20% more power than the Porter Cable 7424)
2. Very high quality concentric offset, full floating head that is perfectly balanced
3. Variable speed from 2,000 to 6,000 OPM
4. Side handle
5. Heavy duty power cord, switch and speed control
6. Rubberized coating
7. Two color canvas bag
8. Full color 24 page manual
9. Wrench
10. 1 year replacement warranty w/ 5 year upgrade option

Parts are manufactured for us in China and Mexico. Final assembly and testing will be at the ARC of San Diego facility, where we will employ a number of adults with learning disabilities full-time on this product line (production and refurbishing).

Capabilities
To say that this is simply a "clone" of the Porter Cable would not give credit to the many improvements and the significantly improved capabilities. In short, this machine offers 90% of the polishing capabilities of a good rotary without the potential hazards. The combination of the more powerful motor and the vastly improved head unit allow this machine to work polishes harder than any other electric orbital on the market, yet the machine is smooth enough to operate with one hand at full speed.

Sales Channel
The Ultimate Detailing Machine will be available through reseller channels and through the ultimatedetailingmachine.com web site. The list price on a basic loaded kit (as described above) will be $149.95. This list price will allow us to put the product into the reseller channel and manage very high quality and superior service.

Availability
We have stepped up production to have this product into the reseller channel in limited quantity before the end of May (USA) and in full scale production by the end of June. Distribution to the UK will be in June. ROW markets are to be determined later this year.

Markets
Initially we will produce a North American version (120v/60Hz) and a UK version (220-240v/50Hz). We stepped up production to have this product into the reseller channel in limited quantity before the end of May and in full scale production by the end of June. We are having the device certified for all markets we enter.

Accessories
The Ultimate Detailing Machine brand will offer a full range of backing plates, polishing pads, bonnets, brushes and other devices to clean, polish and wax vehicles. We will innovate new products that offer more utility from the Ultimate Detailing Machine.

We will post more news a move closer to release, but wanted some our of forum friends to know whats coming.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:50 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 924 Likes on 458 Posts

Great, you finally convince me to buy a PC, then.........
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by steve8
Great, you finally convince me to buy a PC, then.........

this is a big enhancement, kinda like the Cyclo. Trust me there are millions of PC's on the market and almost every owner would fail to see the need to upgrade unless looking to a rotary as next step in detailing.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:21 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 924 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
this is a big enhancement, kinda like the Cyclo. Trust me there are millions of PC's on the market and almost every owner would fail to see the need to upgrade unless looking to a rotary as next step in detailing.

I was only kidding. I am very happy with my PC.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 AM
GoFast908Z
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

aw man...i just got my rotary too... still practicing with it though.

I may have to get one of these anyway lol
Old 04-23-2007, 03:01 AM
ripen ls6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking forward to check one of these machines out.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 PM
bilx013
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

I am definetly in....
Old 06-05-2007, 08:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

just a couple more weeks to go ... I hear some are out in winners hands and testers are sharing their thoughts. We should have them shortly, and some nice packages or kits. Will post more ASAP as news comes in !

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 06-05-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
c5goodlife
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

FIRST FORUM REVIEW : THANKS BUDMAN

First off I want to give huge thanks to everyone at Autogeek for giving me this opportunity to test out the new Ultimate Detailing Machine. The UPS guy delivered me a huge box from AG today. Inside were 6 or 7 pads, XMT pad conditioner and cleaner, a couple of German applicators, 5" backing plate, a buffer bag, and best of all the UDM. Sorry I do not have any pictures of the machine.

Of course it didn't take me long to unwrap everything and try it out. I was expecting this machine to be very similar to the Porter Cable 7424, but it is not. It sounds different and very smooth. I tested it out on the hood of my Jeep with a 5.5" light cut pad and it was very nice. Smooth, quiet, and powerful. I then tested it side by side with the PC with a 7.5" LC white polishing pad. I used the UDM with a 5" BP and the PC had a 6". Both machines worked the same... the results were very similar but I will need to do more testing before reaching any conclusions. I don't find the vibration on the PC to be overwhelming and the same is true with the UDM.

I know that it isn't good for the machine to run it without touching the surface, but I did. I had the PC in my right hand and UDM in my left, no pads on either one. The UDM has less vibration than the PC under this condition.

Here is a little list that I put together while I was looking over the UDM:

-It is about 1/2" longer and wider than the PC
-The cord is 6' 1/2" long ... 3' 1/2" shorter than the PC
-The weight compared to the PC seems the same
-The dial is backwards from the PC, confusing for a PC user
-The head of the UDM where the counterweight is located is significantly larger than the PC
-The UDM has a very different counterweight- quite unique.
-The plastic housing does not rattle like the PC does, with or without the handle
-The front lip is longer which makes gripping the head easier (without the handle)
-The backing plate stops spinning, without any friction, about half as fast as the PC would... you know when you are polishing and lift your pad and turn it off, the pad continues spinning? The UDM reduces that spinning by 1/2.

Here is a video, well sound, of the UDM. Since I am not allowed to post photos of the machine, you'll have to look at a few of my detailing products. Make sure your speakers are on. These videos are again holding the machines in the air with no pads. I spent about 5 seconds on each speed setting, starting at 1 and working my way up to 6.

UDM:
Speeds 3, 4, and 5 are all very similar in speed.

more to come soon ....
Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

I am curious about the power of the machine. The first post states a 5.5A motor while the webiste states a 4.2A motor. Which is it?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very interesting; I'm so close to buying a rotary so I am anxious to read the reviews.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I am dying to try one out. I am hoping it actually is more powerful than the PC which I feel does not do much when it comes to actual paint correction.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 AM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Yeah, I was real close to buying a PC for Father's Day, but then reading about how a lot of people aren't really getting rid of their swirl marks (I'm hoping that's because they're not using MIP or something more agressive than a lighter polish), I am thinking of a rotary, now.

But reading this post, i'm confused. First it says the UDM has 90% of the rotary's power and results, but then it says it isn't much different from the PC. What is the hype and what is the truth?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bldavis11
I am curious about the power of the machine. The first post states a 5.5A motor while the webiste states a 4.2A motor. Which is it?

I believe David went with the 4.2 amp, remember the original was an ad copy. He has updated the site many times during the past week to match the version set to release.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I believe David went with the 4.2 amp, remember the original was an ad copy. He has updated the site many times during the past week to match the version set to release.
Thanks for the clarification. It's most appreciated. I think the PC 7336 only runs a 3.7A motor. You might consider a quick correction to the first post in this thread though!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

So, who makes the UDM? And, when can I buy one?

Get notified of new replies

To Coming Soon .... Ultimate Detailing Machine

Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 AM
GoFast908Z
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
Yeah, I was real close to buying a PC for Father's Day, but then reading about how a lot of people aren't really getting rid of their swirl marks (I'm hoping that's because they're not using MIP or something more agressive than a lighter polish), I am thinking of a rotary, now.

But reading this post, i'm confused. First it says the UDM has 90% of the rotary's power and results, but then it says it isn't much different from the PC. What is the hype and what is the truth?
The PC is a great machine! But.....on the diamond corvette clear coats, its much more difficult to get good results. When I got the rotary, I had much better results, but you have to be VERY careful around edges, ALWAYS tape it up.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 AM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
The PC is a great machine! But.....on the diamond corvette clear coats, its much more difficult to get good results. When I got the rotary, I had much better results, but you have to be VERY careful around edges, ALWAYS tape it up.
How long did it take you to get the hang of it. And, if you're super careful, can't you do it without taping off the edges? Thanks, btw.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IAIA
So, who makes the UDM? And, when can I buy one?

It was designed in a collaboration with the owner of Autopia and the owners of his new line of car care products called Ultima. I believe it will be released prior to months end, just after Fathers Day. We gave out 9-10 freebies for testing and on our forum we are starting to see the reviews and pics come in. Initial offerings are good, and it clearly will be another choice in random orbitals. (PC, Cyclo)

Quick Reply: Coming Soon .... Ultimate Detailing Machine