Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Turtle wax ice

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:18 PM
capehorn3
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Turtle wax ice

Anybody use this? Can you compare and contrast to Rejex? I like the idea of getting it on plastic trim with no white residue.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:54 PM
CN RED
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used it and it works just as well as others but since it goes on clear you will have to make sure you remove all of it. You wont know that you missed a spot until you see it in certain light.

CN RED
Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 PM
kgelliott
Drifting

Default Ice, Ice, Baby

Just got some for my birthday a couple weeks back. Haven't tried it yet, but was recommended by another Vette guy.
That oughta be fun, not knowing you missed a spot til later!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:59 PM
rpm462
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I've used both....Rejex seems to last a lot longer and seems to protect better in my opinion. So sticking with Rejex here.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:10 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 728 Likes on 463 Posts

A guy with a red Z was beside me at Carlisle and he used it. His car looked wet and deep. So I bought some when I got home and tried it on my black Z. Not very good results. So maybe on lighter colors it works better than on dark. I use it on my wife's silver Monte Carlo and use Adam's on the Vette.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:39 PM
capehorn3
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

A friend has a black truck and has the BEST shine I have ever seen, perfect. I've always driven Jeeps, more mud the better, so I hadn't ever asked him what he used . Always figured he used magic stuff. He now uses ice. Says it saves him tons of time with a tooth brush.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:57 PM
gsxr150
Racer

I used it on my daily driver a few times, it's ok for a quick touch up. However for the true detail guys, don't waste your time with it. Obviously anyone with a porter would not touch this stuff. Personaly I'll never need it for my car.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:07 AM
korte
Pro

Originally Posted by capehorn3
Anybody use Turtle wax ice? Can you compare and contrast to Rejex? I like the idea of getting it on plastic trim with no white residue.
No, but I remember getting Rejexed by a girl that was drinking Smirnoff Ice.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by gsxr150
I used it on my daily driver a few times, it's ok for a quick touch up. However for the true detail guys, don't waste your time with it. Obviously anyone with a porter would not touch this stuff. Personaly I'll never need it for my car.
I agree. Turtle wax products are bottom of the barrel will all of the other auto care options available today......

(...Zaino.....)
Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 AM
TheSandman
Racer

Like was said is a previous post, it's ok for a quick touch up..but i wouldn't compare it to a full detail job
Old 02-18-2007, 02:25 AM
zonsolo
Drifting

Goes on like baby oil. Its a horrible product IMO.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:37 AM
JCFILM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zonsolo
Goes on like baby oil. Its a horrible product IMO.
Oh it's horrible. I can get my entire car cleaned with Ice in about 20 minutes, reflective, gets compliments on the shine when I drive it. Who would ever want that...

It's a great product. Easy on and easy off. I only use Ice now. The Ice Detailer is great after the wax as well. Sometimes I will go over the car first thing in the morning with the Ice Detailer spray which takes about 10 minutes to get what you see below.

Last edited by JCFILM; 02-18-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Anybody use this? Can you compare and contrast to Rejex? I like the idea of getting it on plastic trim with no white residue.
There is no comparison to the durability of rejex. They both look about the same but rejex will last a lot longer than the ice.

rejex can stain certain types of trim, but if you're careful it shouldn't be a problem. Ice does have a QD spray made to be compatible with it, rejex does not.

You may try doing a search here as well as this topic has been covered a few times in the past.

Last edited by mrosa65; 02-18-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:36 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Any product on the market will give you an immediate result to make your car look good.

ICE is nearly pure silicone oil and thus will only last a short period of time. (2 weeks or 2 washes, whichever comes first)

IMO, there are better products on the market.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:34 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used ICE. The first time it looked OK but I found it looked felt better if I topped it with a wax.(PINNACLE)
ICE did make the trim look good.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
gsxr150
Racer

Originally Posted by JCFILM
Oh it's horrible. I can get my entire car cleaned with Ice in about 20 minutes, reflective, gets compliments on the shine when I drive it. Who would ever want that...

It's a great product. Easy on and easy off. I only use Ice now. The Ice Detailer is great after the wax as well. Sometimes I will go over the car first thing in the morning with the Ice Detailer spray which takes about 10 minutes to get what you see below.
Yeah, it does a good job for those quick touch up's. Once you have done all the hard work of a better long-term waxes.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Mouse2112
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Ice one time last spring and while it does give an OK shine, the problem I had with it is everything stuck to my car. Dust, pollen and like. I assume this is because of the oily texture that it has. And the durability is horrific. Just my .02. If it works for you, great! Just wasnt for me.

Enjoy your Vette!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
kgelliott
Drifting

Default Just Finished Some ICE

Anybody use this? I like the idea of getting it on plastic trim with no white residue.
Just finished washing and waxing my Vette with my ICE that I mentioned earlier. Beautiful day, top off for ride home from work, car dirty, needed some attention. Took me an hour and a half to get the hose out of the shed, stored for the winter, and get my act together and get r done. I was a bit leery of the product at first since it doesn't leave the usual-looking wax residue as it dries. But, there was no problem seeing it and also removing it. I liked not having the stuff showing when dried in the minute creases. Anyway, will post a picture or so. Notice the reflection of the house on the hood and the photographer (me) on the side. Looks so good; but, I AM aware of the fact that it may not last as long as other higher-dollar stuff, but it was easy, relatively quick, and I got it for a gift. Car is guarenteed to get some compliments the next few days! And, I'm sure to be slippery enough to get my 0 to 60 times down as I cruise thru the neighborhood!
JCFILM, Does mine look as horrible as yours?!

Get notified of new replies

To Turtle wax ice

Quick Reply: Turtle wax ice