Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino on plastic engine parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 PM
mkiv808
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Zaino on plastic engine parts?

Would this be worth doing? To help repel dust and make it easier to clean off dirt. I'm talking about applying it to a new engine bay too that's already immaculate. Or would it be a waste?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Zaino tire gloss on many areas of my vehicles including hard black plastic items. It goes on easy, doesn't attract dust and dirt and gives my black plastic parts a satin finish. I'm not into the really glossy look.

It's also great for new parts since it contains a UV inhibitor, so it will help protect them from sun fading.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

Can it stand up to the high temps in the engine bay though?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:48 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I used it under the hood before without any problems. I applied it to different pieces including the FRC's. For under hood use, I applied it lightly and then wiped it off with a fresh towel. As I mentioned already, I was going for a plain black satin look, nothing shiny or glossy.

I never tested how hot the rubber on my tires get. But having them exposed to the Florida sun and then driving long distances with friction from the road, I would bet they get fairly warm.

Just for grins I went outside and checked the black plastic trim on my truck. Keep in mind that the sun is setting pretty well at this point and the outside air temperature here is 71 degrees. Using a infrared temp gauge, it was reading 104.6. I'm sure during the heat of the day it's much hotter than that.

Give the Zaino tire gloss a try on a small area under the hood if you're concerned about how it will hold up.

Last edited by mrosa65; 11-26-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Kevin V
Pro

This came up once a long time ago, but I believe the Z-2 and Z-5 hold up to almost 400*, if I recall correctly.

If anybody knows for sure, post up.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino on plastic engine parts?

Quick Reply: Zaino on plastic engine parts?