Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pinnacle Souveran Vs. Zaino.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by TonyC6
So Crusher, what polishing compounds do you use for scratch and swirl removers, since Zaino doesn't make anything (that works) for that? Are you saying that you can't use Zaino over anything but "virgin paint"? You can't use Meguires, or Mothers, or Menzerna polishes before you use the Zaino sealants? Zaino doesn't make your paint shine. It only seals what you already have. Many, many times on this forum it's been said that Zaino is not a polish, regradless of what the name says.
I've had great success with ZPC for removing scratches and swirls that were to deep for Z-5 to fill. If you do use other products for this purpose you should then wash with dawn to remove any oils etc. that you may have introduced to your paint with them. And yes, I never put Zaino over anything but virgin paint.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:23 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Craigster05
JVM225,

Detailing dynamics is a great shop. You can trust their info. However, in the end the cost/effort is about the same. Both are great products that give an amazing finish..Its just that they are made for different things. Regardless of finish, Zaino will outlast Pinnacle. Its a matter of preference more than anything. Pinnacle does look stunning on dark colors, as does Z5Pro.

If you want, we can meet up. Bring a small bottle, Ill give you some Z5Pro to try if you want. Ill be at Captree Sunday AM, or pick a place where we can meet.

Craig
Excellent, take Craig up on his offer and give the Z5p a try. That will be all you need to make your decision clear as day.

Originally Posted by Crusher
I've had great success with ZPC for removing scratches and swirls that were to deep for Z-5 to fill. If you do use other products for this purpose you should then wash with dawn to remove any oils etc. that you may have introduced to your paint with them. And yes, I never put Zaino over anything but virgin paint.
Whenever I use a different polish I will usualy follow it up with ZPC and a ROB as my final step. I have even followed 106ff up with a quick spritz of Z6 and then Zaino with no problems but the products Tony mentioned especially the Glaze is LOADED with oils and I question if even a Dawn wash will remove them all. Glaze is pretty much all oil with very little if any abrasives that is meant as a prep for WAX and purposely used to FILL scratches and is definitely the last thing you would want to use before Zaino. As I said, you can get away with following something like one of the Menzerna polishes (PO106FF or PO85RD) usually with no problems but NOT A GLAZE that is 99% oils.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:37 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Craigster05
JVM225,

Detailing dynamics is a great shop. You can trust their info. However, in the end the cost/effort is about the same. Both are great products that give an amazing finish..Its just that they are made for different things. Regardless of finish, Zaino will outlast Pinnacle. Its a matter of preference more than anything. Pinnacle does look stunning on dark colors, as does Z5Pro.

If you want, we can meet up. Bring a small bottle, Ill give you some Z5Pro to try if you want. Ill be at Captree Sunday AM, or pick a place where we can meet.

Craig
Thanks! I might take you up on that. I'm going to try to make it to Captree myself this Sunday morning.
BTW! Thanks for the lead on Detailing Dynamics for the Clear Bra. I went by there yesterday and checked out his work. He had just finished a clear bra on a black Z06 and it was flawless. I have an appointment to get mine done on 12/8.
John
Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by JVM225
Thanks! I might take you up on that. I'm going to try to make it to Captree myself this Sunday morning.
BTW! Thanks for the lead on Detailing Dynamics for the Clear Bra. I went by there yesterday and checked out his work. He had just finished a clear bra on a black Z06 and it was flawless. I have an appointment to get mine done on 12/8.
John
Smart move, those clear bra's are an excellent investment.

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Souveran Vs. Zaino.