Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Thanks Autogeek for the free gift I didn't get

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Thanks Autogeek for the free gift I didn't get

And thanks for offering it to me later if I pay shipping. Great Customer Service. World Class... At least your paying the shipping to get your merchandise back. Great logic there....
Old 11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I am sorry for any problem or miscommunication. Please check with Jason at x-208 for any outstanding concerns. I am sure he will try to appease as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving !!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

the geek is pretty good with customer service. try pm-ing them and im sure they will make things right
Old 11-22-2006, 10:42 PM
r8edxxx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DPG
the geek is pretty good with customer service. try pm-ing them and im sure they will make things right

Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 920 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I am sorry for any problem or miscommunication. Please check with Jason at x-208 for any outstanding concerns. I am sure he will try to appease as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving !!

They seem to have a lot of exclusions.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek

Happy Thanksgiving !!
Thanks for the reply. I left a message with Max about the whole issue. Hopefully he will return my call after the holiday. Just for the record, I was offered a free gift only if I was willing to pay $7.99 for it. What is funny is they are willing to pick up the tab for sending the whole order back and refund my money, but not send the free gift for free. I'm not understanding the logic here.
Thanks again for the reply. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:26 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You know that in any large company, odd things like that can happen. There's usually no ill will, and as mentioned above, a phone call to Max will straighten this out.

Autogeek has really been very reliable, and a great source of information for me - have never gone wrong with the products recommended by Killrwheels yet ..

so don't give up on them, they're good guys.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:32 AM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a minor problem with one order from them and they corrected it quickly. I couldn't have been more satisfied with their response.
They are good people to deal with.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:37 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman78
Thanks for the reply. I left a message with Max about the whole issue. Hopefully he will return my call after the holiday. Just for the record, I was offered a free gift only if I was willing to pay $7.99 for it. What is funny is they are willing to pick up the tab for sending the whole order back and refund my money, but not send the free gift for free. I'm not understanding the logic here.
Thanks again for the reply. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
I will discuss with Jason and Max this evening ...

Originally Posted by steve8
They seem to have a lot of exclusions.
Steve, I am guessing this is in reference to forum discount and coupon mailers ?? If so, we try to keep it very simple. No additional discounts on buffers, buffer kits, and floor coverings. From time to time, we may offer specific sales on these items.

We also host 4 sites ... and sales can be different. Since DP, Pinnacle, and Wolfgang are all our own lines we can usually allow more of an incentive and sale. Hope that helps ... email me personally if you need anything and I will get you taken care of as quickly as possible.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 11-23-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

[QUOTE=Killrwheels@Autogeek]I will discuss with Jason and Max this evening ...
QUOTE]
Thanks for looking into it.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an issue with a product & Auto Geek made it right.
They sent me a full bottle of WolfGangs High Gloss sealant.

Excellent product & excellent Customer service.

I never forget.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:53 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Budman78
And thanks for offering it to me later if I pay shipping. Great Customer Service. World Class... At least your paying the shipping to get your merchandise back. Great logic there....
Budman78’s

Since you chose to air this online on a public forum, I will reply to this miscommunication one time only. It appears that you are not happy with the service you received from my company. (Customer service is extremely important to me.)

The simple facts are: The promotion you’re referring to ended at 3 pm on November 20. Your order was received at 11:03 pm EST, some 8 hours after the sale ended, which unfortunately does not qualify you to receive our $50 exterior car care kit that is part of the free promotion.

As customer service is very important, I still offered you the promotional item. All that was required was that you pick up the shipping. You refused. Second, I offered for you to receive the free promotional item with your next order. You refused. Next, I offered to give you a full refund on all merchandise and repay shipping. You accepted.

A businessman can definitely be flexible to a certain extent. As a Corvette owner myself, I feel bad I could not earn your business. I certainly hope this makes it clear. I’m reachable at Max@autogeek.net.

Sincerely,

Max

Owner and Founder of Autogeek.net
Old 11-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by jason@autogeek
Budman78’s

Since you chose to air this online on a public forum, I will reply to this miscommunication one time only. It appears that you are not happy with the service you received from my company. (Customer service is extremely important to me.)

The simple facts are: The promotion you’re referring to ended at 3 pm on November 20. Your order was received at 11:03 pm EST, some 8 hours after the sale ended, which unfortunately does not qualify you to receive our $50 exterior car care kit that is part of the free promotion.

As customer service is very important, I still offered you the promotional item. All that was required was that you pick up the shipping. You refused. Second, I offered for you to receive the free promotional item with your next order. You refused. Next, I offered to give you a full refund on all merchandise and repay shipping. You accepted.

A businessman can definitely be flexible to a certain extent. As a Corvette owner myself, I feel bad I could not earn your business. I certainly hope this makes it clear. I’m reachable at Max@autogeek.net.

Sincerely,

Max

Owner and Founder of Autogeek.net
OK Max, Now my side of the story. The only reason I placed an order with guys was becasue I needed a Porter Cable 6" buffer backing plate and you guys supported the forum. I saw the offer for a free gift at work will placing the order. Things got pretty busy, so I had to kill the order. I wrote down the code and ended up working late. My job requires me to travel about 100,000 miles a year and consumes a lot of time. Later that evening I picked out the selected items to make the $50 min. for the gift and placed the order. It seemed like a nice offer to forum members. During the completion of the order the code kept kicking back, so I emailed you CS department. No reply, so I placed the order and added a note. The next day I received a message saying the special was over, so I asked the CS person to cancel the order. Again all I needed was a buffer backer pad, so I would just reorder the next day for the parts I needed. She said the order was shipped and she could help me, but she did ask me to refuse the order. My reply was that UPS would just leave it at the door, that is when she offered to send out a call tag.

The next day I thought I would call you about the whole thing and you were out of the office. I did leave you a very nice message asking you to call me back. You didn't, but understandable since it was close to the holiday.

Here is my solution, I will be the stand up guy and keep the product I ordered. I will keep the buffer pad/wrench for my Porter Cable and give the rest of your product away in my 5th Annual Forum Christmas Freebie Thread. And guess what, I will pick up the shipping.

Happy Holiday to you and your staff.
Buddy Singletary
Old 11-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

It's not Autogeeks fault that you were to busy to order before the deadline. Deadlines are there for a reason. Seems like they did what they could for you. To pay $7.95 for shipping of an item worth $50.00 that you really weren't eligible for anyway seems like a no brainier to me.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Crusher
It's not Autogeeks fault that you were to busy to order before the deadline. Deadlines are there for a reason. Seems like they did what they could for you. To pay $7.95 for shipping of an item worth $50.00 that you really weren't eligible for anyway seems like a no brainier to me.
Never said it was. Never noticed a 3:00 pm deadline either. Never questioned Max's good will. He is sounds like a good guy if he's giving out $50 of merchandise for $50 purchase.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Crusher
Budman, I gotta agree here. You seem to give alot of excuses to back up you being an unsatisfied customer. I have always thought you were a stand up guy. This company wants your business, but you aren't the only customer they have.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:58 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

looks like we are done here
Old 11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Budman78, You are not alone. I had "misunderstanding" with geek last year and still have not bought anything from them since.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks Autogeek for the free gift I didn't get

Quick Reply: Thanks Autogeek for the free gift I didn't get