Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adam's Polish or Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 PM
58Vette65
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=gmblack3]Why would anyone use zaino, I mean why would you want your car to look like this:

I agree with you!!!

That is some of the best examples of Plastic Look" of Zaino I have seen. Lacks depth and wetness and I agree that is the look I avoid... I'm really glad you are see the difference and glad that you publicly admit it and show excellent examples.

Last edited by 58Vette65; 11-08-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=58Vette65]
Originally Posted by gmblack3
Why would anyone use zaino, I mean why would you want your car to look like this:

I agree with you!!!

That is some of the best examples of Plastic Look" of Zaino I have seen. Lacks depth and wetness and I agree that is the look I avoid... I'm really glad you are see the difference and glad that you publicly admit it and show excellent examples.
Dennis, I am trying to figure out which one of these pics lacks depth more,

Was it this one:

Or maybe it was this one of the same car?

Last edited by gmblack3; 11-09-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by 58Vette65
That is some of the best examples of Plastic Look" of Zaino I have seen. Lacks depth and wetness

Last edited by Crusher; 11-09-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 AM
GTScott
Instructor

Who are those STUDS in that reflection shot?

The paint looks 15' deep.

-GT
Old 01-05-2007, 11:58 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by agentf1
I can relate, look what Zaino did to my hood.

Any product that gives me a shine like this and has super durability is #1 in my book. Zaino Rocks.

And another...
WOW! That looks like a black mirror!

What do you use to prep that? That's the NICEST black paint I've ever seen! It looks a mile deep!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:32 AM
S-TEE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bretfraz
I just reviewed the Adam's product line and didn't see anything revolutionary or technologically advanced. I could duplicate the entire product line with almost any other full-line mfr (Meguiars, Mothers, etc). The fact that they offer some of their products in bulk also puts them into competition with companies like Chemical Guys/Warner Chemical, Auto Magic, Pro, Ardex and Malco.

While I'm sure Adams products work well and produce good results, I'd rather support a mfr who is constantly pushing the envelope of car care products technology such as Zaino. The vast majority of mfr's spend a lot of their time and money marketing and promoting their products, not improving them or developing advancements like Zaino does.

Having tested literally hundreds of car care products, I am still amazed at the sameness of so many. Zaino is one of the few car care product lines that offer a unique product(s) for the passionate enthusiast.

FYI--Adam is constantly improving his products.

I've been there while he's worked with his chemist (who said he should be called a Chemical Engineer, not a chemist ) on new products... ...and rejected the whole bunch 'cause it didn't meet some quality or another. It was hands-on test and evaluation. And how does packaging in small or large quantities relate to product quality?? If shelf life issues determine the packaging size, regarding how much can be used before the rest goes bad, then the value sure seems less to me. Maybe there's some snob appeal in saying "My product will go bad before I can use all of it, so I'll have to throw the rest away. but that's OK, 'cause I can afford it". I don't know...

I'm quite sure Adam could have a line of synthetic polymer products developed, if he wanted, but there are also other qualities he strives to include in his products that will allow them to REPAIR AND MAINTAIN a range of finishes, not just keep a 99th percentile car looking shiny.

If your finish is near perfection it should not take much to sustain that level-- the real test is to take a less than perfect finish and bring it up to that state of perfection where it now becomes easy to care for. Adam's products makes it easy to rapidly improve your finish to that state, whereupon you can buff and polish to the nth degree to get that final perfection level YOU seek.

Many of you have seen his demos at shows--you've seen some crummy finishes brought back to life in working conditions that detailing purists would cringe at. Now take those same products home and spend a little more time with your super clean applicators and towels, taking the time to get every last swirl mark, and you'll see how that daily driver can look just as good as that garage queen--and all with a lot less effort getting to that level of finish than some others products.

Great products, great customer service, and a genuine appreciation of his customers... ...I'm sold on Adam's Products!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:37 AM
ripen ls6
Racer

Originally Posted by S-TEE
If your finish is near perfection it should not take much to sustain that level-- the real test is to take a less than perfect finish and bring it up to that state of perfection where it now becomes easy to care for.
Well said. I always say the key to an awesome finish is in the process and preparation. The rest is just icing on the paint
-M
Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I've been there while he's worked with his chemist (who said he should be called a Chemical Engineer, not a chemist ) on new products... ...and rejected the whole bunch 'cause it didn't meet some quality or another. It was hands-on test and evaluation. And how does packaging in small or large quantities relate to product quality?? If shelf life issues determine the packaging size, regarding how much can be used before the rest goes bad, then the value sure seems less to me. Maybe there's some snob appeal in saying "My product will go bad before I can use all of it, so I'll have to throw the rest away. but that's OK, 'cause I can afford it". I don't know...

I'm quite sure Adam could have a line of synthetic polymer products developed, if he wanted, but there are also other qualities he strives to include in his products that will allow them to REPAIR AND MAINTAIN a range of finishes, not just keep a 99th percentile car looking shiny.

If your finish is near perfection it should not take much to sustain that level-- the real test is to take a less than perfect finish and bring it up to that state of perfection where it now becomes easy to care for. Adam's products makes it easy to rapidly improve your finish to that state, whereupon you can buff and polish to the nth degree to get that final perfection level YOU seek.

Many of you have seen his demos at shows--you've seen some crummy finishes brought back to life in working conditions that detailing purists would cringe at. Now take those same products home and spend a little more time with your super clean applicators and towels, taking the time to get every last swirl mark, and you'll see how that daily driver can look just as good as that garage queen--and all with a lot less effort getting to that level of finish than some others products.

Great products, great customer service, and a genuine appreciation of his customers... ...I'm sold on Adam's Products!
Couldn't have said it better. It is hard for the dealers to keep up with the updates to the products. Not only the waxes, etc., Adam is constantly updating his polishing towels, drying towels, wash mits to name just a few.

He also, personally goes around introducing himself, handing out free product, and given the chance, will literally wax your entire car for you showing you how the different products work. I've seen it first hand. His customer service is second to none and he is an all around great person.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:36 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Since you have "been there" while product evals are going on, which of the products are re-labeled from other manufactors and which are manufactured by Mr Adams himself? I have heard in the past that some of the Adams products are re-labeled from Chemical Guys. Any insight you can provide would be appreaciated.

Last edited by gmblack3; 02-11-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2007, 01:02 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
WOW! That looks like a black mirror!

What do you use to prep that? That's the NICEST black paint I've ever seen! It looks a mile deep!
Thanks for the compliment.
I used Zaino Fusion ZPC and my ROB to prep the finish and then topped it with Z5 Pro.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Since you have "been there" while product evals are going on, which of the products are re-labeled from other manufactors and which are manufactured by Mr Adams himself? I have heard in the past that some of the Adams products are re-labeled from Chemical Guys. Any insight you can provide would be appreaciated.

I did some research into this. You might want to take a look at this link.

http://www.warnerchemical.com/index.php?cPath=8

From reading numerous posts on some of the larger detailing forums, it seems that Warner Chemicals supplies some of the "Name brand" companies out there.

Actually, anyone can start their own line of products.

http://www.warnerchemical.com/private.php
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Adam has denied that his products have been purchased thru chemical guys. Both on the net and when I asked him in person. He looked me square in the eye and told me he has his own chemist.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
RUSSH
Advanced

I met Adam this weekend at the Corvette Expo. He's a great guy to talk to, but he seemed more interested in just selling his product versus having a good quality product. I liked some of his stuff, but the swirl remover wasn't good enough for me. It was not abrasive enough to really do anything from what I saw. So I'll stick with my Auto Magic products.

Zaino is cool too
Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like Adams nothing special as it's the same as other brands.
Seems Warner Chemicals supplies the same products to many different brands..

Last edited by 69er; 02-12-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I would like to start out by saying I am not speaking of the quality of either companies products. This is not a bash on the products in any way, shape or form.

I had thought about trying Adam's products last year and had heard rumors that they were the same products made by chemical guys with VERY slight differences. As a side note, I have heard that both companies have excellent customer service. These are just *my* observations.

From the adam's site.

Butter Wax

The description - Price 15.95 per 12oz

Leading the charge in technological advances, Adam’s Butter Wax is formulated with a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Always treat an imperfect finish with Adam’s Clay Bar and Revive Polish before applying Butter Wax. Our 12-oz bottle will cover many vehicles, especially when used sparingly as recommended. Suitable for application in the sun or shade, and in hot or cool temperatures.

The Link -

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...459DF8983E264A

From Chemical Guys site

Butter Wet Wax

The description - Price 29.95 per gallon

Our Wettest Wax ever. Delivers a unmatched surface shine and wet look. This is a brand new technology that consists of a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wet Wax leaves your car shining like it was just washed! Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Suitable for easy application and removal in the sun or shade, hot or cool temperatures.

The Link - http://www.chemicalguys.com/best_car_wax_p/wac_104.htm

Adam's revive - Price 15.95 per 12 oz.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...F3D5FD90375AAA

Chemical Guys Revive - Price 27.95 per gallon

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Polish_p/gap_101.htm

Adam's Detail Spray -

The Description - Price 9.95 per 16oz

This “Best of Show” winner is a favorite at car shows. Use as a waterless car wash, a clay bar lubricant, or to enhance the depth and clarity of paint, chrome, plastic, aluminum, and glass.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...2A7549CAC45793

Chemical Guys Detail Spray -

The Description - Price 21.95 per gallon

A show Stopping High Shine Spray Detail, Use as a waterless car wash, a clay bar lubricant, or to enhance the depth and clarity of paint, chrome, plastic, aluminum, or glass.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/product_p/wac_102.htm

These are just a few of the products, but I'm sure you get the idea. Same names, identical descriptions, color of products, etc...As my grandfather used to say...if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

Honestly, if they're not the same, one of these companies should be suing the other over plagiarism.

But for those of you who like to save money, you can always buy from Chemical Guys and get a LOT more for less.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:53 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrosa65
I would like to start out by saying I am not speaking of the quality of either companies products. This is not a bash on the products in any way, shape or form.

I had thought about trying Adam's products last year and had heard rumors that they were the same products made by chemical guys with VERY slight differences. As a side note, I have heard that both companies have excellent customer service. These are just *my* observations.

From the adam's site.

Butter Wax

The description - Price 15.95 per 12oz

Leading the charge in technological advances, Adam’s Butter Wax is formulated with a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Always treat an imperfect finish with Adam’s Clay Bar and Revive Polish before applying Butter Wax. Our 12-oz bottle will cover many vehicles, especially when used sparingly as recommended. Suitable for application in the sun or shade, and in hot or cool temperatures.

The Link -

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...459DF8983E264A

From Chemical Guys site

Butter Wet Wax

The description - Price 29.95 per gallon

Our Wettest Wax ever. Delivers a unmatched surface shine and wet look. This is a brand new technology that consists of a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wet Wax leaves your car shining like it was just washed! Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Suitable for easy application and removal in the sun or shade, hot or cool temperatures.

The Link - http://www.chemicalguys.com/best_car_wax_p/wac_104.htm

Adam's revive - Price 15.95 per 12 oz.

Chemical Guys Revive - Price 27.95 per gallon

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Polish_p/gap_101.htm

Adam's Detail Spray -

The Description - Price 9.95 per 16oz

This “Best of Show” winner is a favorite at car shows. Use as a waterless car wash, a clay bar lubricant, or to enhance the depth and clarity of paint, chrome, plastic, aluminum, and glass.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...2A7549CAC45793

Chemical Guys Detail Spray -

The Description - Price 21.95 per gallon

A show Stopping High Shine Spray Detail, Use as a waterless car wash, a clay bar lubricant, or to enhance the depth and clarity of paint, chrome, plastic, aluminum, or glass.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/product_p/wac_102.htm

These are just a few of the products, but I'm sure you get the idea. Same names, identical descriptions, color of products, etc...As my grandfather used to say...if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

Honestly, if they're not the same, one of these companies should be suing the other over plagiarism.

But for those of you who like to save money, you can always buy from Chemical Guys and get a LOT more for less.

Ding,ding,ding..

We have a winner!

Pete K
IMO it seems Adam looked you square in the eye and lied.
Then again maybe not.
Adam has his own chemist the same one as other brands...Chemical Guys.

Last edited by 69er; 02-12-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 69er

Ding,ding,ding..

We have a winner!

Pete K
IMO it seems Adam looked you square in the eye and lied.
Then again maybe not.
Adam has his own chemist the same one as other brands...Chemical Guys.
I found this even more interesting.

Click on each picture for a larger version.

Notice anything familiar in both pictures ?

From an australian site that resells Chemical guys products under their "Insta Finish" label.

http://instafinish.com.au/product_in...products_id=33

It's the ever popular Butter Wet Wax, but there's something else on that page that looks even more familiar. Wait, it's the car. Now where have I seen it before ???

Again, this has nothing to do with the products, I just find it VERY odd that a few people claim they're totally different, yet everything about them is the same.

Get notified of new replies

To Adam's Polish or Zaino

Old 02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Damn, this needs to be posted on SmokingGun.com.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
RUSSH
Advanced

Adam's polish is just a get rich quick scheme on his part. My cousin and I both got that same impression after talking to him this weekend.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey guys...I didn't post the information I found to start a bashing war on anyone. I did it as research since I was interested in some of their products and was told that they were the same as those from Chemical Guys.

While I've never met the folks at Adam's, from what I've read by many that have is they're noted for good customer service and are very helpful.

Again, these are just my findings, and *my* opinion is that they look like the exact same products. Everyone should check out the links and draw their *own* conclusions.

Quick Reply: Adam's Polish or Zaino