Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejexed

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Black N Beaching
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onyasix
By-the-way, when comparing shine, black cars are cheating.

That's true but getting it to that shine (and keeping it) balances things out...

It's good to see that one product doesn't have to be better than another that it's just a matter of personal preference, time, etc. There's lots of good products out there for all of us to keep our cars lookin' good in the time and style we have.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:26 PM
58Vette65
Burning Brakes

black and red.....
Old 11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
VinceAD
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JMc
I prefer to think of applying Rejex as being efficient with my time and effort, not lazy. Polishing is not a hobby for me. I don't get off on it. I am results oriented. I don't want to be a slave to my Corvette's paint. Rejex suits my needs just fine. It comes down to diminishing returns for me. I don't think spending another three hours will provide 6 times the shine over what I spend a half hour applying and removing with Rejex, but to each his own.

when using Rejex for the first time do you need to strip off the old wax first or just wash and then apply. Also, I purchased a clay bar system, would it be better to use this first.

thanks,
Vince
Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Vince,

I'm not that **** about it. I just washed the car and applied the Rejex when I got it, about a month after purchasing my vert last January. I have no idea how long it had been since the PO waxed the car, but I suppose if I were really concerned, I would have washed it with a few drops of Dawn in a bucket of clean water. But to answer your question, yeah, I'd use the clay bar first after stripping the old wax if you want.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
VinceAD
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JMc
Hi Vince,

I'm not that **** about it. I just washed the car and applied the Rejex when I got it, about a month after purchasing my vert last January. I have no idea how long it had been since the PO waxed the car, but I suppose if I were really concerned, I would have washed it with a few drops of Dawn in a bucket of clean water. But to answer your question, yeah, I'd use the clay bar first after stripping the old wax if you want.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Black N Beaching
Racer

Originally Posted by Onyasix
By-the-way, when comparing shine, black cars are cheating.
And when it comes to daily maintenance we're working a lot harder...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:22 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday was probably the last warm day we'll see in NJ, so I decided to wash, clay, polish and seal my daily driver (2002 E320). The car is parked outdoors and driven about 18,000 miles per year. It gets washed every 2-3 weeks, and polished and sealed about every six months. I've used Rejex on it for the past year and a half.

I was very surprised to see that claying removed almost nothing from the paint surface except some bits of road tar from the rocker panels. I can't tell if this was related to the Rejex, but I was impressed.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:03 PM
mkiv808
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrosa65
I'm confused. I've used both products and they were pretty much identical to apply and remove. I don't understand how zaino requires that much more time than rejex.

Z2+ZFX is quick and easy.

Quick Reply: Rejexed