Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My Adams detail dealings at Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:18 AM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default My Adams detail dealings at Carlisle

I purchased an Adams Bucket and wash grate at Carlisle this past weekend for $15.00

I needed one and they were selling, so I bought

The cool part was one of the Adam's reps put in a bunch of free samples...that was cool, then as I was leaving their tent another rep put in some more product samples coolness X2

So far I have tried the detailing spray smells great

Anyone else using their products...like wax butter...or their polish?
Do you like it?

I'm already happy with the detail spray and the way their reps treated me at Carlisle
Old 08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's very cool that they gave you all of those free samples

I've seen Adam's mentioned a lot the last few days here on the threads. I've never personally tried it so I called a buddy who I knew had used it. He told me he stopped using Adam's and switched to chemical guys since it was the same exact stuff just repackaged with the Adam's name on it. He also said that the CG's stuff was a lot cheaper.

Not sure if this is true as I'm repeating what a friend told me. Anyone know if this is the case ?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Adam rents a nice house outside of the fairgrounds. He has a big party and invites most repeat customers over after the show. Good guy, good products. I bought the Porter-Cable kit from him on friday. He sold 67 buffer kits by 1pm on friday
Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 AM
daddoe
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using their Clay Bar, Detail Spray, Revive Polish, Scratch & Swirl Remover, Butter Wax products, Leather Conditioner and Brilliant Spray Glaze. I love the smell of the detail spray. The stuff works great and leaves no streaks. All of the other products go on fast and buff off easy. I typically use the Revive and Butter wax about once a month, just because it's easy to do and keeps the car looking great. The Brilliant Glaze is great for windows and shining up the rims. I have a vert, so I use the Leather conditioner about once a month to keep the leather in great condition. All fantastic products.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 AM
69mako
Race Director

I was talking to a mobil detailer from Chi town that was cleaning cars for the auction on Saturday.

He told me that he really liked the Adams polish alot when used with the Porter Cable buffing machine.

I'll be giving the polish a try here in the next few weeks and I'll post my results.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Pete K
Race Director

I have been using the Adams stuff on my black 87 for about 3 years. Some of the products are the best I have ever used. Some are decent. Although the tend to be branded "flavor of the month" every time Carlisle comes around, I like them 12 months a year. They are so easy to use, it make the project almost fun.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

i also got a adams kit, after watching them for hours and talking to those guys i figured i would give it a try.

the detail spray smells great and the VRT made my tires look pretty good and not all greesy looking.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by mrosa65

I've seen Adam's mentioned a lot the last few days here on the threads. I've never personally tried it so I called a buddy who I knew had used it. He told me he stopped using Adam's and switched to chemical guys since it was the same exact stuff just repackaged with the Adam's name on it. He also said that the CG's stuff was a lot cheaper.

Not sure if this is true as I'm repeating what a friend told me. Anyone know if this is the case ?
I have heard the same thing. They do look the same and even have the exact same name. I have tried both versions and could not tell the difference. If this is true there is quite a markup on these products.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by agentf1
I have heard the same thing. They do look the same and even have the exact same name. I have tried both versions and could not tell the difference. If this is true there is quite a markup on these products.

Well I've done some searching on the net and found a few really interesting posts on autopia pretty much saying that both Adam's and Poorboy's were the same exact thing supplied by Chemical Guys. There was also a reference to Warner Chemical so I went to their website. Looks like all of the same stuff just with different labels.

From the Adam's website about Butter Wax. Price = 15.95 for 12 oz.

Product Details

Leading the charge in technological advances, Adam’s Butter Wax is formulated with a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Always treat an imperfect finish with Adam’s Clay Bar and Revive Polish before applying Butter Wax. Our 12-oz bottle will cover many vehicles, especially when used sparingly as recommended. Suitable for application in the sun or shade, and in hot or cool temperatures.

From the Warner Chemicals website about their Butter Wet Wax.
Price = 31.00 for a gallon.

Butter Wax has no cleaners or abrasives .It is one of our most advanced new products. It shows best on dark finishes, but is impressive on all colors. This is a brand new technology that consists of a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wet Wax leaves your car shining like it was just washed!

Hey, with those kind of markups we should start our own CF line of polish and wax.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Well I've done some searching on the net and found a few really interesting posts on autopia pretty much saying that both Adam's and Poorboy's were the same exact thing supplied by Chemical Guys. There was also a reference to Warner Chemical so I went to their website. Looks like all of the same stuff just with different labels.

From the Adam's website about Butter Wax. Price = 15.95 for 12 oz.

Product Details

Leading the charge in technological advances, Adam’s Butter Wax is formulated with a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Always treat an imperfect finish with Adam’s Clay Bar and Revive Polish before applying Butter Wax. Our 12-oz bottle will cover many vehicles, especially when used sparingly as recommended. Suitable for application in the sun or shade, and in hot or cool temperatures.

From the Warner Chemicals website about their Butter Wet Wax.
Price = 31.00 for a gallon.

Butter Wax has no cleaners or abrasives .It is one of our most advanced new products. It shows best on dark finishes, but is impressive on all colors. This is a brand new technology that consists of a special blend of polymers, resins, and natural Carnauba. Butter Wet Wax leaves your car shining like it was just washed!

Hey, with those kind of markups we should start our own CF line of polish and wax.
I would like to have a look. Is the website you are referring to www.warnerchemical.com?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:34 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pete K
I would like to have a look. Is the website you are referring to www.warnerchemical.com?
That's the site I found.

I also went to the chemical guys website. Some interesting reading there. They even poke some jabs at Adam's kits for giving free buckets away.

From the chemical guys website.

Why we don't sell buckets: Truth is, it's not in our nature to sell professionals buckets. (lol). Many of our customers send us funny E-mails that joke about "buckets" and so we decided to share the laugh. Chemical Guys doesn't sell kits that include a bucket because we prefer to include chemicals you can use, as opposed to shipping you....... a bucket. Sure it looks great to include a LARGE bucket as part of the deal, but honestly is a bucket that exciting? We would rather our detailing kits offer the best products at the lowest prices. It may look nice in the picture to include a large bucket but , do you really want to pay for shipping on..... a bucket.

Chemical Guys

Last edited by mrosa65; 08-28-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Pete K
Race Director

I just took a look. Every product that could be an Adams product is the same color. I wonder if the rumor is true. I am tempted to order 1 or 2 items and compare. The soap Adam sells is one of the favorites. I may buy some of Warners soap and see.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I just took a look. Every product that could be an Adams product is the same color. I wonder if the rumor is true. I am tempted to order 1 or 2 items and compare. The soap Adam sells is one of the favorites. I may buy some of Warners soap and see.
let everyone know if it is. If people can get the same products that they like for a substantial savings to them, that would help them out a lot.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
69mako
Race Director

This topic just became very interesting

I googled chemicalguys and found their site full of the same info as Adams.

There is even a notice in the upper right corner about packing their product with your private label name

check it out
http://www.chemicalguys.com/

Last edited by 69mako; 08-28-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:39 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 69mako
This topic just became very interesting

I googled chemicalguys and found their site full of the same info as Adams.

There is even a notice in the upper right corner about packing their product with your private label name

check it out
http://www.chemicalguys.com/
I saw that as well. Seems to me that they are the same.
I noticed that they also offer custom blending of their base products so I'm sure some companies can carry products slightly different than what the CG folks are offering.

I did take a good tour on Adam's website and I noticed one major thing. He has a pretty good set of video tutorials for the beginner. I know it's been said here 100's of times but it really is in the prep work.

Take 2 identical cars, same color and use the same products. Prep the paint on 1 car thoroughly and leave the other just average, the prepared car will look so much better.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
cleif2000
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Adam rents a nice house outside of the fairgrounds. He has a big party and invites most repeat customers over after the show. Good guy, good products. I bought the Porter-Cable kit from him on friday. He sold 67 buffer kits by 1pm on friday
I purchased one of the 67 buffer kits on Friday. The Adams reps were very customer focused. They threw in a lot of free stuff with the purchase which really sweeten the deal. I too was very disappointed with not being able to find Zanio, however things happen for a reason. I will be trying The Adams products this weekend weather permitting. Leif
Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Tims94
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to the Adams tent Saturday and they were sold out of the buffers. I emailed Adams and he is taking care me, that's for sure! I don't know if I will be able to give up Zaino, but the Adams people were very nice, even giving out water on Friday when it was so hot

Get notified of new replies

To My Adams detail dealings at Carlisle

Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Adam's product are on my list of products to try....
Old 08-29-2006, 12:31 PM
GB Vette
CF Over the Hill Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In VI Veteran
CI-6 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In VII Veteran
CI-7 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-08-'09
NCM Ambassador

I asked Adam this question and here is his response

Gary,

This has come up much, and I'm happy to get any press, let alone accusatory press! Chemical Guys doesn't manufacture chemicals, Warner makes their products. We have several contract manufacturers that make a few of our products, but nobody but Adam's sells our formulas.

I invite everyone to try the other goods, and if they like them, get
excellent service, and are happier with the results, return our goods for a 10% profit. None of the competitors have matched our guarantee, and I'm not aware of any that have a lifetime guarantee on everything they sell. Also, I'm not sure any of our competitor's founders answer questions via cell phone or email with 25 years of detailing experience.

It's funny when people think that we are raking customers for huge dollars when they compare our gallon prices to other products online. You know where and how I live. In my 900 sqft mansion across from the fairgrounds in Carlisle, there is no caviar or champagne in the fridge, just Coronas and bottles of Costco water!

I hope this sets the record straight. Adam's is Adam's, and if people want to leave us to get cheaper stuff, they weren't likely to be our customer in the first place. I've personally emailed or talked with over 50% of our customer base, and would be surprised if our competition makes that kind of connection with their customers.

If you care to quote me and post this, that's cool with me. Thanks, and have an outstanding week!

Adam Pitale
President & Founder
Adam's Polishes, Inc.
www.adamspolishes.com
Old 08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GB Vette
I asked Adam this question and here is his response

Gary,

This has come up much, and I'm happy to get any press, let alone accusatory press! Chemical Guys doesn't manufacture chemicals, Warner makes their products. We have several contract manufacturers that make a few of our products, but nobody but Adam's sells our formulas.

I invite everyone to try the other goods, and if they like them, get
excellent service, and are happier with the results, return our goods for a 10% profit. None of the competitors have matched our guarantee, and I'm not aware of any that have a lifetime guarantee on everything they sell. Also, I'm not sure any of our competitor's founders answer questions via cell phone or email with 25 years of detailing experience.

It's funny when people think that we are raking customers for huge dollars when they compare our gallon prices to other products online. You know where and how I live. In my 900 sqft mansion across from the fairgrounds in Carlisle, there is no caviar or champagne in the fridge, just Coronas and bottles of Costco water!

I hope this sets the record straight. Adam's is Adam's, and if people want to leave us to get cheaper stuff, they weren't likely to be our customer in the first place. I've personally emailed or talked with over 50% of our customer base, and would be surprised if our competition makes that kind of connection with their customers.

If you care to quote me and post this, that's cool with me. Thanks, and have an outstanding week!

Adam Pitale
President & Founder
Adam's Polishes, Inc.
www.adamspolishes.com

Nothing against Adam - I love VRT and the Detail Spray, but I have two observations:

1. I can pick up the phone and talk to Sal Zaino, Steve Pasztor (Tropi-Care), David Ghodoussi (Optimum), Jeff (Jeff's Werkstatt), and several other boutique product owners.

2. I thought Adam lived in California?

Quick Reply: My Adams detail dealings at Carlisle