Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Perfect Car Wash, very informative stuff :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:13 AM
SLEV3N
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect Car Wash, very informative stuff :)

This guys pretty knowledgeable and I really enjoyed his video so I wanted to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X0Sqi1lAj1A
Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 AM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good video. Thanks for sharing. A couple of points:

1) I use numnerous types of wash mitts including sponges to wash my cars. I was not aware that sponges could actually harm the paint. I don't believe they would as I have bought all of my wash media from Autogeek and all are top notch.
2) I was surprised he did not use the sheeting method (removing the hose nozzle) at the end of the wash to rinse the car.
3) He also did not blow the majority of the water off using a leaf blower before drying.
4) He made no mention of washing the car in a top to bottom fashion which I believe is extremely important. I also noticed he used a rather hap-hazard way of washing a top panel but went too far down the door without rinsing his mitt.

All in all though a good instructional video for folks who have absolutely no clue how to wash the car.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I like seeing the foam gun incorporated into his wash techniques. I have often offered that a presoak and use of this can be beneficial and without harm. I also agree that washing and drying indeed can create the most marring on paint. If you choose to use a dry MF towel to help in drying, consider a quick detailer product which will add lubrication as another choice.

Get notified of new replies

To Perfect Car Wash, very informative stuff :)

Quick Reply: Perfect Car Wash, very informative stuff :)