Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Tried Pinnacle Today - WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage driver
Do you think something like poor boys 1 is strong enough to remove say 3 coats of Z5?
An abrasive polish like SSR 1 will remove any wax or sealant.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Do you think something like poor boys 1 is strong enough to remove say 3 coats of Z5?
While a finishing polish, it should have enough abrasiveness to remove a couple coats. Using the PC with it should provide a new canvas (or finish) to try Pinnacle.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Some beautiful Souveran pics over on Autopia currently.

Menzerna Polishes, RMG, and Souveran.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

While SSR 1.0 is a finishing polish, I believe it contains enough of an abrasive to remove several coats of Z. Using a PC with it should make quick work, and help to jewel the surface. As you can see above, Red Moose Glaze from Clearkote is another choice. Some say we will be carrying it very soon
Old 04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
While SSR 1.0 is a finishing polish, I believe it contains enough of an abrasive to remove several coats of Z. Using a PC with it should make quick work, and help to jewel the surface. As you can see above, Red Moose Glaze from Clearkote is another choice. Some say we will be carrying it very soon
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

I placed my order today and I'll give this a try. I hope the Zaino Zombies don't flame me
Old 04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

I placed my order today and I'll give this a try. I hope the Zaino Zombies don't flame me
What else did you order?
Goose
Old 04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
black bart
Drifting

I doubt that you will see a difference in the shine but the PS will look wetter and have more depth than a sealant.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:54 AM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Originally Posted by black bart
I doubt that you will see a difference in the shine but the PS will look wetter and have more depth than a sealant.
That's what I'm looking for. I want depth.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

well I have tried it and I have to add a WOW to this thread.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:23 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

well I have tried it and I have to add a WOW to this thread.
Me too. Just used it for the first time today and I'm in shock as to how good the 'Vette looks now..........probably the best shine I've ever seen on my car.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:31 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Pics please ..... we love the comments, but really like pics also. Thanks for taking the time to try Pinnacle, it truly is the top of the carnuaba chart. (KING OF THE MOUNTAIN)
Old 05-03-2006, 10:37 PM
all4fun
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z06-JIM

Unbelievable!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:23 AM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

Well, as always, different strokes.

After asking around from alot of different people, Zaino was the #1 choice.

It did as good of a job and lasted longer. It also doesn't ruin plastic if you over wipe.

Considering the cost, as my last Zaino batch lasted me almost 3 years, it doesn't seem to be that way with comparable products.
Over 3 years and 150 bucks, that is about 4.10 a month.

I dig Zaino and am sticking to Zaino. I don't mind a little extra time with the car. A little exercise is good for everyone.

Here is after a Z2 treatment.

It popped out even more today.

LEX
Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the kit you have posted in post # 12 be everything I need to make my black vette look like the one in the picture?
jeff
Old 05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JeffC5
Will the kit you have posted in post # 12 be everything I need to make my black vette look like the one in the picture?
jeff

The kit in question contains no abrasive paint polishes, so they will be needed if car has swirls and other damage. Poorboys, Menzerna, and Optimum work very well with Pinnacle as does the new Pinnacle XMT line.

Some say that the pic (12) was modified or amplified, but not by AG. I would consider the pics above (63) as another representation of Souveran and what it can offer. The one thing I will stress is the "no hassle return policy", gives the end-user the ability to decide.

Souveran on Silver , look to wetness and depth on hood specifically. No image repair, old 1.3 mega pixel camera from HP.

UPP/Souveran combo on Black. No image modification. Taken with new 4.0 Minolta camera.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-04-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:37 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.

I know nothing about all this wax stuff. So, what is UPP/Souveran? Is Souveran a different brand from Pennacle? Tell me what I need.
Things I've done before:
washed with dawn
clay bar
rejex
I don't have a PC
I want something that works in like 2 steps. Zaino seems like it has a million steps, and all this Zxx and Zxx and Zxx drives me crazy. lol The dust around here is heavy. I would like something to use in a 2 step process where the 2nd step can be put on immediatly after the first step.
Thanks,
jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Tried Pinnacle Today - WOW!!

Old 05-04-2006, 05:59 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Jeff, hopefully this will provide some further explanation. I have tried to answer specifically, but please consider contacting me offline as needed also.

I know nothing about all this wax stuff. So, what is UPP/Souveran?
UPP= Four Starr Ultimate Paint Protection (paint sealant-synthetic wax)
Souveran= Pinnacle top carnuba wax, offered in kit you asked about.

Is Souveran a different brand from Pennacle?
No its the "best offering" or king of the hill from Pinnacle Waxes.

Things I've done before:

washed with dawn
Lets get rid of Dawn, not needed. Shampoo provided in kit will work well and convert you.

clay bar
Very good choice , 1 or twice a year even with Pinnacle products.

rejex
A paint sealant like UPP (above). Can be used by not necessary.

I don't have a PC
You will want to invest in one, but not needed with this kit specifically. Will allow paint polishing , but the included Paint cleaner has fillers which will hide swirls and minor flaws well. I highly suggest a PC and polishes when time and money become available as proper prep will have a great effect on your finish.

I want something that works in like 2 steps.
paint cleaner and wax is two steps. If you want a little longer protection throw a sealant (rejex, upp, Z) in the middle.

Zaino seems like it has a million steps, and all this Zxx and Zxx and Zxx drives me crazy. lol
Coming from a competitor, Z is not that bad. Mixing the product with a catalyst is the biggest gripe. There is no short term skip for proper prep of a finish , no matter what paint sealant or carnuaba wax is offered.

The dust around here is heavy.
Get use to it. Never found a product that really supports anti-static and dustless ability. Get a good Quick Detailer and some microfibers or a duster and pray for no wind.

I would like something to use in a 2 step process where the 2nd step can be put on immediatly after the first step.
You can easily do that with Pinnacle. Waxes dont need alot of curing time or additional addiatives to speed curing , as such very versatile for use. You will apply more often, but with something as easy and special as Souveran, you wont mind.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-04-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:07 PM
black bart
Drifting

Originally Posted by JeffC5
I know nothing about all this wax stuff. So, what is UPP/Souveran? Is Souveran a different brand from Pennacle? Tell me what I need.
Things I've done before:
washed with dawn
clay bar
rejex
I don't have a PC
I want something that works in like 2 steps. Zaino seems like it has a million steps, and all this Zxx and Zxx and Zxx drives me crazy. lol The dust around here is heavy. I would like something to use in a 2 step process where the 2nd step can be put on immediately after the first step.
Thanks,
jeff
Jeff after reading your post above I would say that you are going to be disappointed when you try the Souveran.
To make a car look like the one in the photo would require that you use something like Poorboys, Menzerna, or Optimum and needs to be applied with a PC in the hands of and experienced user.
Someone with no PC and not willing to use more than a two step process will never achieve anything close to what that car looks like.
SORRY but that is the cold hard facts.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:21 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like Rejex is still the best for me.
jeff

Quick Reply: Tried Pinnacle Today - WOW!!