Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Using Zaino with a PC7424P

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:18 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Zaino with a PC7424P

Has anybody used the PC7424XP with Zaino? I recently purchased the PC & am wondering if I can/should use it with Zaino... Details on speed and which pad(s) you used? thanks in advance.. Tonya
Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

I tried it, but didn't like it. I found it easier by hand with Zaino. I only tried it with the ZAIO and Z5 though.

With the PC I use Menzerna polishes to remove swirls.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

In my detail shop it goes on by hand. Using a PC for Z-2 and Z-5, for us slows the application process down and consumes more product. AIO, on the other hand gets applied by PC starting out 3-4 to spread iot, and the 5-6 to work it, using a Lake Country yellow or Green pad.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It really ends up being a personal preference issue, but I disagree with the above posters.

I've done it hundreds of times on too many cars and find it to be much easier, faster and uses less product when applied correctly with a PC, remember less is more...

I use it with a black pad between speeds 2-3.

I can usually apply a full circle of Z5 on the pad and cover the entire half hood and front fender and half front bumper, then another circle of product for the entire side of the car and another for the tops and back end.

The more applications you do you actually ends up using less product as the pad will absorb it causing you to need less as you go.

Another advantage to this method is the product will go on much more evenly and thinner allowing for quicker drying time and easier removal.

I have learned this with many many applications, more then I can count, so practice a few time until you really get the hang of it and you'll see which is faster and better for yourself.

Josh
Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 PM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used a gold pad (super high ppi) to apply Zaino and loved it. The high pore count will help prevent the Zaino from absorbing into the foam, so actual product waste is minimal. It will also apply the Zaino super even and thin, which aids in removal, IME.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Originally Posted by JoshVette
It really ends up being a personal preference issue, but I disagree with the above posters.

I've done it hundreds of times on too many cars and find it to be much easier, faster and uses less product when applied correctly with a PC, remember less is more...

I use it with a black pad between speeds 2-3.

I can usually apply a full circle of Z5 on the pad and cover the entire half hood and front fender and half front bumper, then another circle of product for the entire side of the car and another for the tops and back end.

The more applications you do you actually ends up using less product as the pad will absorb it causing you to need less as you go.

Another advantage to this method is the product will go on much more evenly and thinner allowing for quicker drying time and easier removal.

I have learned this with many many applications, more then I can count, so practice a few time until you really get the hang of it and you'll see which is faster and better for yourself.

Josh
Originally Posted by TH0001@properautocare.com
I have used a gold pad (super high ppi) to apply Zaino and loved it. The high pore count will help prevent the Zaino from absorbing into the foam, so actual product waste is minimal. It will also apply the Zaino super even and thin, which aids in removal, IME.

Do either of you mind telling me what you used to clean the pads when you were done?? Thanks in advance! Tonya
Old 05-16-2011, 09:37 PM
allstar14
Instructor

Agree with Josh and Todd. Using the PC is faster and uses less product. The gold pads from proper auto care are awesome.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tonya- To be honest I would recommend having a seperate application gold pad for each different sealant you use. This way you just put it away in a zip-lock after use and brush it out before use. When you need to wash it you can wash it with degreaser/dawn and water, but make sure remove as much soap residue as possible and let it dry completely.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

You can't be applying it right by hand, I can polish a Vette in less than 5 minutes by hand, and use less than the circle around a pad for the entire car and your only getting half of it done with that much.
Anyway this is a dumb subject to beat to death, prep is 90% of the job anyway without that the end result is not going to be that great.

Oh, and I do achieve the spectacular results that is expected with Zaino.

But to each his own, if it works for you, great.....
Not going to get into it anymore than that.
Enjoy
Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 AM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
You can't be applying it right by hand, I can polish a Vette in less than 5 minutes by hand, and use less than the circle around a pad for the entire car and your only getting half of it done with that much.
Anyway this is a dumb subject to beat to death, prep is 90% of the job anyway without that the end result is not going to be that great.

Oh, and I do achieve the spectacular results that is expected with Zaino.

But to each his own, if it works for you, great.....
Not going to get into it anymore than that.
Enjoy
I really don't think I said anything about whether I was putting it on correctly or anybody else for that matter... I was simply thinking bout using the PC. I haven't made up my mind. I DO know that the prep is most of it. However, I, just like others want opinions... you know what they say about opinions......

Get notified of new replies

To Using Zaino with a PC7424P

Quick Reply: Using Zaino with a PC7424P