Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:17 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Zaino

Hi Guys. Anybody out there using Zaino wax produts? Is it worth the money? Any tips on how to use it to make it look great?
Thanks
Dave
Old 03-02-2006, 09:28 PM
rrichar2591
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
Hi Guys. Anybody out there using Zaino wax produts? Is it worth the money? Any tips on how to use it to make it look great?
Thanks
Dave
If you do a search on Zaino you will get a million pages of info.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rrichar2591
If you do a search on Zaino you will get a million pages of info.

To say the least,LOL

[[[[[[Well your on your way to learning the techniques, just follow the threads of advice here and you will have the results you want in no time.

Things Needed or recomended:

PC7424 machine, also some have said PC7336 (If needed for swirl marks,light scratches)

Pad kit (autogeeks, forum vendor sells packages), and others also.Also Pad cleaning solution of your choice.(if needed for swirl marks/light scratches)

Swirl removing compound, (Zaino makes PC Fusion, Menzerna makes IP, and there are others that people use,(3M products), I prefer what has worked for me, Zaino and Mezerna(and thats only my opinion).(If needed for swirl marks/light scratches)

Final sealant/polish, I again prefer Zaino products, if you go with Zaino, you'll need Z5,Z2Pro,ZFX(which is added to the Z5, or Z2),Z6 &Z8, or just Z8 depending how wealthy you are lol,( and the proper applicator pads,zaino sells them also).There are other Brands that others prefer also.

Good quality 100% made in the USA White Cotton Towels, or Towels from a detailing Vendor of your choice.

Patience

Case of your favorite Beer or Beverage.

Very Understanding Spouse.

Good quality Stereo in Garage to drown out Spouse If they are not understanding,

New pair of Sunglasses for the finished product.

Good Luck]]]]]

I Noted the things if you are searching for removing the swirl marks/light scratches, but if your finish is fine and you just want to polish with Zaino, go to the next step listed.

Last edited by Pizzano; 03-02-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:42 PM
gsjack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
Thanks
Dave
Check out their website, gives all details, if you do not want to do searches.

Jack
Old 03-02-2006, 11:44 PM
VolFan615
Yellow C3/C5
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I've been using it for about 4 years now. I started using it on a black GTP and it produced the most awsome shine I have ever seen. I actually had a guy stop in front of the house one day when he saw me waxing to ask me what I was using.

Just follow the directions that come with it and you will be just fine.

Caution though.... once you drink the Zaino coolaid there is no going back.

Last edited by VolFan615; 03-03-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:10 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Zaino?
never heard of it. Naaa - nobody in here uses that stuff

seriously, zaino, rejex, NXT are the three products most popular in here. I've not used Rejex, so cannot comment on that one, but otherwise I can say this - once you use Zaino, you'll just throw away all the other stuff you have.

Used to have 5 shelves of detailing stuff. Here's what my detailing rack looks like now:

just zaino sealant stuff, Menzerna polishes, 3M polishes, a few other choice materials. But I'll never go back to Meguiars or other over-the-counter waxes.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 AM
JR_C6
Instructor

Zaino is as easy to apply as the best carnuba and on my car (C6-LMB) has better reflection, depth and lasts longer than anything I have used (including Rejex).

It's one of the very few car care products products that lives up to -and deserves - the hype. Highly recommended.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Kevin V
Pro

Been using Zaino for about 8 years. After dozens of products for over 30 years Zaino, to me, is the absolute best overall product out there.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Worth every dime and then some (shhhh, don't tell Sal that). With the release of his latest product Z2Pro the product is also foolproof.

The best tip I can give you is make sure your surface is prepped properly (this should be done no matter what product you use).

And definitely get the Z8 and use it after you apply your Zaino Z2p and/or after you wash your car. Z8 will make your finish deeeeeper, wettttttter and slicker and will extend your polishes life which really isn't required since Zaino is one of the most durable products to begin with.

The Fusion (ZPC) is great for prepping your surface and works great with a ROB, Rotary or by hand.

Z6 is also an awesome product and I use it before I polish to clean the surface, between coats, on my applicators to help Zaino go on thin and for all my quick detailer needs. I even use it on my windows and wood trim inside my interior etc etc.

The wash Z7 is also a nice product and will add a little polish to your finish and cleans and smells great and has tons of suds. It is not required but works so nice and you need to use a soap to wash it anyway so I figure why use anything else.

Why you are at it try their leather products, thay are also one of my favorites and smell awesome. I even use them in my house on my leather couch.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Zaino

Thanks guys for all the comments. Went to their website and bought their package at $116.95. 2 more days till I pick up my 02 QS Z06.
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino

Quick Reply: Zaino