Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejex..........Heck yes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Rejex..........Heck yes!

I have traded in my Meguires NXT for REJEX. And no I dont car for the work of the Zaino product.

Flame suit on..............
Old 11-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is REJEX, Order from Forum Supporter-
Barry www.x-autoproducts.com

Old 11-20-2005, 12:19 PM
C-6forRJ
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 9 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

That really looks ..... But what if I change my mind and want to apply something else..? Is it easy to remove the rejex..?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Karfever
I have traded in my Meguires NXT for REJEX. And no I dont car for the work of the Zaino product.

Flame suit on..............
No Flaming here.....I switched to Rejex three month ago and have never looked back. You are a wise man
Old 11-20-2005, 12:32 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Applied my first coat on Friday. Great shine and.....very smooth. Will apply the second coat today. Did the glass inside and out and could not believe how clear it was.

Old 11-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I am just impressed with the ease of application nad of course the shine! Very deep and clear, on my PR!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:38 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Does anyone know whether or not I can buy Rejex at a regular walk-in retailer, or is it only available on-line / mail order?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:51 PM
BOB'S C6
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

The best price available is from Barry at http://www.x-autoproducts.com/ and his shipping is fast! but if you must walk in somewhere to buy this great product another Forum vender does sell it,but why bother when Barry doesn't even charge shipping and is cheaper than them.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Does anyone know whether or not I can buy Rejex at a regular walk-in retailer, or is it only available on-line / mail order?
Its not available in Autozone & Pepboys. A forum member did post it was available at True Value Hardware.
Why not order it from X-auto Products? Free shipping you will have it in about 3 to 4 days.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:26 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I really don't see the "Zaino is too much work" argument. Once the car is prepped (and that should be done before any "wax") the application is the same as RejeX without the 12 hour cure time. I have tried both, in fact have both on my car right now. Running my hand over both I feel no difference in slipperiness. I do like to use RejeX on wheels and glass, the rest I do in Zaino because I don't have to worry about slopping over the flat black parts.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:06 PM
JR_C6
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigJoe
I really don't see the "Zaino is too much work" argument...
Me either. I put Rejex on my car a month or so ago. I liked the product.

I just put Zaino on yesterday. It goes on and comes off easier than Rejex - almost as easy as Pinnacle Souveran (which is the easiest I have ever used).

I like to try different products, so I am not "committed" to any of them. In my experience, Zaino is easier than Rejex. And, on my car, has better reflection and more depth.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

The full Zano treatment is MUCH more work than Rejex and much more expensive. If you want the best value for your hour of effort then the answer is easy. If you are a fantic and have a black C6 the full Zano method may be the way to go.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM
JR_C6
Instructor

My full Zaino treatment was 2 coats of Z5. My full Rejex treatment was 2 coats of Rejex. I think both are around $20/bottle. I used less Zaino than Rejex. I was able to complete the 2 Zaino coats in less than an hour. The Rejex 2nd coat was applied the next day (as indicated in the directions). And, the Rejex was more difficult to apply.

After the 2 coats, the Zaino shine is deeper and wetter than the similar treatment of Rejex.

Just my experience with the 2 products.

Last edited by JR_C6; 11-20-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:55 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by JR_C6
I just put Zaino on yesterday. It goes on and comes off easier than Rejex - almost as easy as Pinnacle Souveran (which is the easiest I have ever used).

I like to try different products, so I am not "committed" to any of them. In my experience, Zaino is easier than Rejex. And, on my car, has better reflection and more depth.
It does not get any easier than Zaino or PS as far as application. I also have not found anything that looks as good as Zaino.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all so confusing
Old 11-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Kevin V
Pro

The only "work" involved is surface prep, which I can't believe that anyone still thinks that it is a Zaino only thing. Geeezzz, come on!!! So with Rejex, no one does any surface prep, what's wrong with you. You should do surface prep regardless of the product you use, IF you want to acheive the optimum results.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin V
The only "work" involved is surface prep, which I can't believe that anyone still thinks that it is a Zaino only thing. Geeezzz, come on!!! So with Rejex, no one does any surface prep, what's wrong with you. You should do surface prep regardless of the product you use, IF you want to acheive the optimum results.

Yup, exactly. Sal Zaino is the only one who ever went to the trouble of including proper paint preparation in his product instructions, so that people think you only need to do this with Zaino. You should do those steps even if you use Turtle Wax.

But not to divert the thread. I think the results with Rejex above are really beautiful. Congrats on a nice job, and some beautiful vehicles.

Get notified of new replies

To Rejex..........Heck yes!

Old 11-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bugman
Yup, exactly. Sal Zaino is the only one who ever went to the trouble of including proper paint preparation in his product instructions, so that people think you only need to do this with Zaino. You should do those steps even if you use Turtle Wax.

But not to divert the thread. I think the results with Rejex above are really beautiful. Congrats on a nice job, and some beautiful vehicles.
What specific paint preparation needs to be done? I see this being discussed all the time but never any specifics. I use Klasse All in One and Menserna High Gloss Acrylic Spray. I'd like to give Zaino a try (I use the Zaino leather cleaner, leather conditioner, and tire gloss) but after reading all the different posts, it sounds very confusing. As an example, I have seen posts saying that you have to use Z6 after washing and before Z2; other posts say wash and just apply Z2 and then Z6. It would seem to me that after washing, you may have water spots....how are the spots removed if Zaino has no cleaners?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

See if this helps you.....http://www.lazaino.com/ApplyZaino.htm
Old 11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Lusky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Guitarstar
Its not available in Autozone & Pepboys. A forum member did post it was available at True Value Hardware.
Why not order it from X-auto Products? Free shipping you will have it in about 3 to 4 days.
Aw man,
I just ordered from X-auto Products & they charged me shipping....

Quick Reply: Rejex..........Heck yes!