Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best paint protection product

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:26 AM
unikguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best paint protection product

Hi everyone

I like to know what is the best paint protection product that I can use for the corvette.

I declined the dealers paint protection option, since in prior cars that I purchased it, it didn't seem to do the job for the price.

I like your opinions on what I should do.

thank-you
Old 10-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

3M clear bra and a good installer is the best paint protection. Rejex is excellent for day to day protection.

Last edited by Steve Germany; 10-09-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used this stuff in back of my wheel wells & on the side view mirrors.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=77892

After that its Rejex, its #1 IMO, You can order it from Forum Supporter X-Autoproducts. Barry offers great service.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:34 AM
rm50
Melting Slicks

Received 202 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Just do the Zaino thing and you will be happy!!
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 AM
DJ-LO
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the "Zaino Experience" and it does work fine...if you've got the time!! Recently did "Rejex" and I'll tell you, you save about 2-3 days of work and you can drive your car and show it off more!!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

What your dealer offers is a paint sealant, for which their are many choices, needless to say you can purchase and put your own on for many $$$ less and reapply when needed. Here is a list of them, all offered with forum special. My favs for ease of use and great success Four Star UPP, Wolfgang Concours, DP Shield Shine, and Klasse AIO. Just remember all but Klasse AIO are last stage products and only protect/seal the paint. You mush clean and prep the paint first to make sure clean and pristine. Visit us over at car care section ....

http://www.autogeek.net/was.html
Old 10-09-2005, 10:15 AM
dsl
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06 / '15

I didn't start this post but my radar has been high, looking for the right product for paint protection. Live in FL and love-bugs pretty much ruin most of my car's front ends - unless there is a bra in place. Wasn't sure I wanted a Bra on the new Vette, so been wiping down the front end after every drive.

Seen lot's of good reviews on the Rejex product - anyone have any concerns with it? I always worry about the heat in FL and what happens without a good coat of wax.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:25 AM
CV62
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

FAQ
Old 10-09-2005, 10:41 AM
dsl
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06 / '15

Originally Posted by jharshaw
FAQ
It's so much more fun to take the risk and ask a stupid question I guess :o

Actually I did "search" the forum and of course found alot of hits. I read through a bunch of them, but never really saw one that said pros/cons, especially in hot humid bug weather. Just looking for some balance. Didn't realize the horse was already dead when I started beating it.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:54 AM
CV62
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by dsl
It's so much more fun to take the risk and ask a stupid question I guess :o

Actually I did "search" the forum and of course found alot of hits. I read through a bunch of them, but never really saw one that said pros/cons, especially in hot humid bug weather. Just looking for some balance. Didn't realize the horse was already dead when I started beating it.

No worries. There are no stupid questions, just a lot of the same. We're all friends on the forum and you have the right to ask. I just love that graphic.

Half the crowd are Rejex heads, the other are Zaino's. Rejex is cheaper and easier to apply and will be fine for your needs. However, I'm now a Zaino head, also live in Florida and love the stuff. Both are good products. Good luck in your search.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Realtor Dan
Racer

Default no stupid questions

I agree there are no stupid question.....
if some one doesn't know the answer ask
how else would one find out the answer....
a couple of hours on here and you doget very educated
about corvette's

so ask away

Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rejex is fantastic... was at a car gathering and got many many comments including... 'your car looks like liquid and you could reach right into the paint...' Also just had 3M clear bra installed...after removing one that was install poorly... went to a shop in Northern Virginia that does the local Ferrari dealership's cars... 3M has released a new improved version of their material and the shop I went to has it...only a few of the top rated shops have it right now... all I can say is .. I have seen MANY clear bra systems of many of the 3M product and new new version is amazing... it eliminates the orange peel that clear bras have... it is also a smooth as paint.
Michael
Old 10-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Bob Dyble
Instructor

I have had the 3M plastic on since I got the Vette. 10,000 miles ago. I will tell you it was expensive but I am thrilled with it! I have had a windshield replaced because of a stone from a truck. It did bounce off the protected part of the nose and all is well there. Not bad stuff marvin...
Old 10-09-2005, 12:03 PM
vettey
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6FirstVette
Rejex is fantastic... was at a car gathering and got many many comments including... 'your car looks like liquid and you could reach right into the paint...' Also just had 3M clear bra installed...after removing one that was install poorly... went to a shop in Northern Virginia that does the local Ferrari dealership's cars... 3M has released a new improved version of their material and the shop I went to has it...only a few of the top rated shops have it right now... all I can say is .. I have seen MANY clear bra systems of many of the 3M product and new new version is amazing... it eliminates the orange peel that clear bras have... it is also a smooth as paint.
Michael
I've seen this new 3m film, and it is slightly better than the ones from before. But the orange peel on it is still quite unbareable, and it's still not quite as clear as some of the others I've seen.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:11 PM
rmitchell242
Melting Slicks

i heard the clear bra was good i dont have it yet
Old 10-09-2005, 12:25 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsl

I didn't start this post but my radar has been high, looking for the right product for paint protection. Live in FL and love-bugs pretty much ruin most of my car's front ends - unless there is a bra in place. Wasn't sure I wanted a Bra on the new Vette, so been wiping down the front end after every drive.

Seen lot's of good reviews on the Rejex product - anyone have any concerns with it? I always worry about the heat in FL and what happens without a good coat of wax.
With Rejex its a pain in the butt to put on a car cover. Rejex makes your car slippery as hell.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Beach21
Racer

Originally Posted by jharshaw
FAQ
I to live in South Florida and would like to have the rejex question answered. It is not a dead horse. I enjoy reading the forum but I have a life outside it.

Get notified of new replies

To Best paint protection product

Old 10-09-2005, 12:45 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by dsl

Have my C6 for just over 1 year. I have been using NXT. Great stuff. Recently I tried Rejex,similiar to NXT, except that it does not act as a magnet for dust and dirt. I'm sure Zaino is a great product, but you got to try Rejex. On the almost polished wheels and the stern of the C6, it seems to reject dust and dirt. Rejex is as easy to use as NXT. Hovever, you must not expose the car to sun or rain for 12 hours after application.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:17 PM
AMF
Drifting

Ibtm
Old 10-09-2005, 05:51 PM
unikguy
Advanced

thank you for all your valuable input.

Quick Reply: Best paint protection product