Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

A Paint treatment to beat all others including Zano, NXT..etc...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Paint treatment to beat all others...

Hi everybody, still kinda new to the site but I bring roughly 8 years of detailing experience to the table and the only sealant I use is Glare...

www.autopolish.net

I run a small leasing company now and I treat all my the new cars with Glare before they go out the door. It is the only product I've ever used that does the same job by hand as it does with a buffer. It contains Glass Plexin. Basically that is what fills in the scratches and gives a very deep finish.

Has anyone ever tried this product?? I reccomend it 110%.....

Last edited by FIDOauto; 07-21-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:13 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a 2AM TV informercial.

Glare

Contains Glassplexin®
Eliminates waxing forever!
Stands up to wash and wear!
Forms a rock hard shield!
Protects against ultra violet rays!
Blocks out corrosion!
Exclusive Glassplexin® formula!
Polish magnifies paint luster!
Won't crack, fade, or fall off!
Repels foreign matters!
No resins, plastics, or waxes!
No renewals!
Protection up to 5 year warranty!
Protects, preserves, beautifies, and deodorizes!
Resist aging!
Color stays brighter, longer!
Increases trade-in value!
Used successfully by new car dealers worldwide!
Create a wet look!

http://www.autopolish.net/

Glare Professional polish contains no adverse chemicals such as silicones, waxes, polymers, acrylics, teflon, or a combination of any 5 products or parts there of combined.

Glare has only 5% petroleum distillates and the balance of 95% active performance ingredients not found in other polishes or waxes. Because of the low petroleum base, Glare contains a vanilla scent that is very pleasing to your nose, without the smell of petroleum. Won't smell like a Gas Station.

Glare contains Glassplexin ® which is a silicate, not a silicone, or any of the other four ingredients mentioned. Glare forms a covalent bond on and within the painted surface becoming part of the paint instead of just laying on top of the paint as all of the other products do. Glare forms a rock hard shield that protects against the elements such as:

Sun
UV Rays Rain
Acid Rain
Road Tar
Road Salts
Hard Water
Most spray paints used in vandalism
Bird Droppings
Dirt
Salt water
Coca Cola
Eggs
Break Fluid
Paint Strippers
Mercuric Acid

Last edited by 69er; 07-20-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Blue Smooth
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I find it I will give it a shot on my 92
Old 07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the contribution
Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Anthony Orosco
Instructor

Glare forms a covalent bond on and within the painted surface becoming part of the paint instead of just laying on top of the paint
That is BS, marketing hype intended for the general public.

Mr. FIDO, please explain how GLARE can "bond.....within the painted surface becoming part of the paint" when the purpose of a clear coat is to protect the pigmented paint from being attacked chemically?

Not to be rude but after 8 years of detailing experience you should understand that. Also I can't remember the exact name, but "Glasplexin" is just another name for an additive that other "sealants" also contain but they call it a different name. I may have that wrong and thinking of something else but I am OK at admitting my errors.

Now this product may work great for you and that's fine, everyone should use what they like and has given them great results but their statements are misleading and incorrect.

Anthony
Old 07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
6']['9
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZaneO

Old 07-21-2005, 04:32 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey -- WELCOME, FIDO !
great to have your contribution.
have never heard of this stuff before.
I do have a regimen I've settled on and am happy with, but always good to have another suggestion, especially for people who might not have settled on their own happy regimen yet. Don't let the above posts put you off -- there's a good bunch of guys in here, but we tend to be extremely emotional about our own detailing choices
Old 07-21-2005, 09:45 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Forgive me for being skeptical of someone with 7 posts and a gleaming/plug review of some product.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by 69er
Sounds like a 2AM TV informercial.

Glare

Contains Glassplexin®
Eliminates waxing forever!
Stands up to wash and wear!
Forms a rock hard shield!
Protects against ultra violet rays!
Blocks out corrosion!
Exclusive Glassplexin® formula!
Polish magnifies paint luster!
Won't crack, fade, or fall off!
Repels foreign matters!
No resins, plastics, or waxes!
No renewals!
Protection up to 5 year warranty!
Protects, preserves, beautifies, and deodorizes!
Resist aging!
Color stays brighter, longer!
Increases trade-in value!
Used successfully by new car dealers worldwide!
Create a wet look!

http://www.autopolish.net/

Glare Professional polish contains no adverse chemicals such as silicones, waxes, polymers, acrylics, teflon, or a combination of any 5 products or parts there of combined.

Glare has only 5% petroleum distillates and the balance of 95% active performance ingredients not found in other polishes or waxes. Because of the low petroleum base, Glare contains a vanilla scent that is very pleasing to your nose, without the smell of petroleum. Won't smell like a Gas Station.

Glare contains Glassplexin ® which is a silicate, not a silicone, or any of the other four ingredients mentioned. Glare forms a covalent bond on and within the painted surface becoming part of the paint instead of just laying on top of the paint as all of the other products do. Glare forms a rock hard shield that protects against the elements such as:

Sun
UV Rays Rain
Acid Rain
Road Tar
Road Salts
Hard Water
Most spray paints used in vandalism
Bird Droppings
Dirt
Salt water
Coca Cola
Eggs
Break Fluid
Paint Strippers
Mercuric Acid
I pride myself about not bashing any manufacturers product but does anyone really believe this product does all that it claims? Additionally, I found this from their website.....

Glare Professional Polish
A non-stick high-gloss all-weather sealant. The finest polish for your
car, airplane, boat, motorcycle, glass, stainless steel, fiberglass,
chrome and RV in the market. Filters out UV rays, turns to glass on and
within your paint. Contains Glassplexin™. Bonds molecularly to your
paint. The most revolutionary polish ever developed. Beyond 22nd century
technology. Lasts up to 18 months.

It turns to glass not only on your paint but also within your paint.

As it has been mentioned before, manufacturers can make almost any claim they want without any official watch dogs controlling it. I'm sure that on any detail forum the people are more educated about detail products and see through the hype. But the average guy who knows nothing and reads this at his local auto supply store is gonna be amazed and buy this product. It is a shame that there is not more accountabilty in the car care market.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
GSjimbo
Pro

All of the hype and marketing BS aside, I used it on my GS and it looks great. Not real confident in their claim to last 60 months but shine it does and lasts longer than what I was using!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

guys... I have NO affiliation with this company Nor do I sell the Product so please Chill - da - *** - out!...

I only posted the website to get OPINIONS! I'm NOT saying that whatever mumbo jumbo they have written on the website is TRUE. I'm just saying that I use the product extensively and it works GREAT....

There are independent reviews on the web that back up what I'm saying.... soon as I get a second to search for a few of them I will post the links.

Now getting back to the thread.... for OPINIONS.

Originally Posted by ZaneO

but I do appreciate the criticism... it shows this is a tightnit forum and Zano has full control of it!

Originally Posted by GSjimbo
All of the hype and marketing BS aside, I used it on my GS and it looks great. Not real confident in their claim to last 60 months but shine it does and lasts longer than what I was using!
thats the kind of response I was looking for.. lol....

I have been using the product for about 3 years and the only way I got it to go to roughly 24 months (and it still looked like glass) was when I sold my buddy his brand new Protege5 (laser blue). I did a Clay bar and then 3 coats of Glare....... its essential to do the claybar on a brand new car before sealing it because at some point or another it is 'usually' transported on Train, the train brake dust 'embeds' into the paint. So essentially when you seal a vehicle without clay bar you are also sealing in all those oxidants and pollutants thus actually speeding up the 'fading' process of the paint.

thanks Paul

Last edited by FIDOauto; 07-21-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by FIDOauto
but I do appreciate the criticism... it shows this is a tightnit forum and Zano has full control of it!
The only person to mention Zaino was you. May I remind you of your title to your 7th post to the forum...."A Paint treatment to beat all others including Zaino, NXT, etc".

As with others before you it would appear that you have a hidden agenda given that you only had seven posts and the very first one that you start mentions a product that BEATS ALL OTHERS INCLUDING ZAINO, NXT, ECT.

Forgive our suspect but you need to earn your reputation here, good or bad.

Last edited by Crusher; 07-21-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

If you had been around for any appreciable amount of time, or taken the time to do any searching, you would realize that you are speaking out of your butt.

As said before, no one metioned Zaino but you

P.S. Become educated and learn how to spell Zaino if you are going to talk about it.

Last edited by ZaneO; 07-21-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

Ok... you guys need to RELAX...

I had no clue there was any direct affiliation on this forum to the products I've mentioned. So I'm sorry if you guys feel threatened or whatever.... and I'll also go on to say that I only made the comparison to those product because every second thread is either products name not because I actually compared them.... I guess jokers like me have no place in a detaling forum!! lol.....

and Zaino... I highly doubt my level of education should be based on whether I can spell the name of a product... but I guess you can make whatever judgment you wish.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

You are missing the distinction...my name is ZaneO (Zane Oliver)...the product is called Zaino (after Sal Zaino, the owner). The only connection we have is that they are one of the many product lines that I use.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

lol.. whatever man... its all good. I'm not trying to make any enemies, I was just stating an opinion. I will edit the title of the thread if it makes you feel any more comfortable.

Get notified of new replies

To A Paint treatment to beat all others including Zano, NXT..etc...

Old 07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

I just ordered it, I am looking forward to not having to "wax" my cars for 5 years.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:39 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

lol.. whatever man... its all good. I'm not trying to make any enemies, I was just stating an opinion. I will edit the title of the thread if it makes you feel any more comfortable.
It's cool. There are tons of great products out there. A true detailer realizes that the process is more important than the product, and that there is no one product that is better than all others...everyone has their favorites.

Your opinion is not what caused the problem. It was your title and pitch that reeked of spam (and wouldn't fly on any forum).
Old 07-21-2005, 03:44 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
I just ordered it, I am looking forward to not having to "wax" my cars for 5 years.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...;f=33;t=000269

7th post on this other forum's thread, a guy says Liquid Glass stops rock chips.

"
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by obbop:
One poster about the product proclaimed his multiple coats assisted in reducing his rock chipping problem. Apparently the multiple Liquid Glass coats took the punishment while allowing the paint underneath to shrug off all but the larger rock impacts.

When called out on his ridiculous claim he says:

"Totally ridiculous"???? Based upon subjective opinion? Other's opinion? Research?

So many fallacies in your rebuttal I don't know why I bother to reply!!!!!!

Is there NO possibility that a polymer finish can perform the way an ablative shield does on a spacecraft reentering the atmosphere?

Would you apply the LG after Glare?

Last edited by 69er; 07-21-2005 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: A Paint treatment to beat all others including Zano, NXT..etc...