Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

pinnacle souveran liquid vs paste

Old 04-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Sacredgrooves
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default pinnacle souveran liquid vs paste

which does the best job? $70 for the souveran...and people complain about zaino being expensive!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Since your question is specific in nature, you will see the greatest shine, depth, and character from Souveran Paste. While costing more than most products (you do not want to checkout the price of Zymols HighLine) , it is really quite inexpensive when you break it down into coats. You will see 30 plus from one jar. Is your car worth 2.00 per coat ?? Looking at the small pic, I think so !

http://www.autogeek.net/pin312x.html (for some savings, use your couponcode also)

Did you see this ?? http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...07&forum_id=10

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 04-28-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt about it, Souveran paste is better than the liquid.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Sacredgrooves
Melting Slicks

thanks! 30 coats from one jar, I had no idea it would go that far!! on the paste, is it apply by hand only or is using a PC ok as well?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Z0SLIK
Race Director

Originally Posted by DsC5
No doubt about it, Souveran paste is better than the liquid.
Yes and worth every penny!
Old 04-29-2005, 06:51 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

only by hand .... no drying time either, you wipe on and wipe off. It is amazing how fast it has already set and bonded to the paint. Looks nice and wet ... like a swimming pool. Just remember it is a LSP (Last Stage Product) and as such, you need to do 'prep' first. Clay, clean, polish, and you can even glaze, but the oils in Souveran clearly need nothing additional. You can even use a sealant (Klasse, Wolfgang) inbetween for additional protection. (length between waxings).

Seriously also consider the Crystal Mist Detailing Spray. It quickly adds back the intial "pop" after each wash and helps keep the carnubas durability in check !
Old 04-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Sacredgrooves
Melting Slicks

cool sounds good!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:00 AM
BAD 99
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Souveran paste , hands down , it thats your vette [Black]in your sig
Old 05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
D.K.
Pro

I would recomend this method for applying Souveran:

I use white micofiber gloves for applying Pinnacle Souveran. Get a small amount and distribute it over your gloved hand. Apply using a very light pressure and glide the product across the paint. No rubbing. This is one of the things I love about Souveran. It is an absolute joy to apply, especially with a five fingered gloved hand. No streaking, glides on effortlessly, buffs off like a QD product.

When I am working in partial sun or on a warm day I first mist my microfiber glove with Pinnacle Crystal Mist, then apply Souveran as noted above.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:14 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by D.K.
I use white micofiber gloves for applying Pinnacle Souveran. Get a small amount and distribute it over your gloved hand. Apply using a very light pressure and glide the product across the paint.

I never thought about using them like that, nice idea !! I use the gloves for interior detailing (cleaning dash, airvents and radio surrounds) but always looking for a way to use them elsewhere.
Your talking about these correct ??
http://www.autogeek.net/pairglov.html
Old 05-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Sacredgrooves
Melting Slicks

Im ordering some in the next week or so. the microfiver glove sounds like a great idea!

ps- BAD 99- yes thats my car in the avatar
Old 05-01-2005, 09:05 PM
D.K.
Pro

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I never thought about using them like that, nice idea !! I use the gloves for interior detailing (cleaning dash, airvents and radio surrounds) but always looking for a way to use them elsewhere.
Your talking about these correct ??
http://www.autogeek.net/pairglov.html

Yes, those are the exact gloves I use. As they age, the older ones get put into service for wheel cleaning. Then I order a fresh new pair and the cycle continues.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Since your question is specific in nature, you will see the greatest shine, depth, and character from Souveran Paste. While costing more than most products (you do not want to checkout the price of Zymols HighLine) , it is really quite inexpensive when you break it down into coats. You will see 30 plus from one jar. Is your car worth 2.00 per coat ?? Looking at the small pic, I think so !
Are you saying the paste is better than the liquid? I like to make use of my porter cable polisher.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:19 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bcmarly
Are you saying the paste is better than the liquid? I like to make use of my porter cable polisher.
yes the paste is clearly the better product, but you will not want to use the PC for waxing and removal with it, by hand is simply so easy that you wont miss it either. But remember Souveran is a last stage pure carnuba only, so the PC and some polish should be used before. Pinnacles Paintwork Cleansing Liquid and/or Klasse All-In-One would work well with the PC and provide a pristine finish for the Souveran.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:22 AM
6SpeedBowtie
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

With the Souveran, its much easier to apply by hand than by PC. Use the PC for the prep work, then when you get to the souveran, enjoy the relaxing and truly stress relieving hand application of the Souveran.

I love the souveran, hands down, the easiest LSP I've ever used.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:24 AM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

yes the paste is clearly the better product, but you will not want to use the PC for waxing and removal with it, by hand is simply so easy that you wont miss it either. But remember Souveran is a last stage pure carnuba only, so the PC and some polish should be used before. Pinnacles Paintwork Cleansing Liquid and/or Klasse All-In-One would work well with the PC and provide a pristine finish for the Souveran.
I'm currently using NXT as a polish. I suppose it would work fine underneath the pinnacle?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:21 PM
0Mike@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bcmarly
I'm currently using NXT as a polish. I suppose it would work fine underneath the pinnacle?
NXT has very mild (and I mean VERY mild) abrasives and cleaners. Enough to remove any wax or sealant under it, but not enough to deep-clean the paint in my opinion.

I would stick with a dedicated paint cleaner, or Klasse All-In-One like Killrwheels mentioned.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 PM
all4fun
Instructor

Originally Posted by SLIK
Yes and worth every penny!

Get notified of new replies

To pinnacle souveran liquid vs paste

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pinnacle souveran liquid vs paste