Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

QDer's ... Instant Detailers ... Spray Wax ... Spray Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default QDer's ... Instant Detailers ... Spray Wax ... Spray Sealant

I have seen alot of posts lately in reference to this subject. First, yes you should be using these and in most cases more than one of these depending on what you are trying to do. It does not help that each product can contain, or produce a finish so different based on gloss, depth, and slickness not to mention cleaning off the ole birdie doo-doo between washings. Here are some I am trying / previous tried / currently testing / and no longer use. Challenge me as necessary :

Quick Detailer / aka Instant Detailer - This product should be used to remove dirt and other items on the paint between washing and in certain cases after a wash in order to add some additional protection from sun, and/or gloss.

Pinnacles Crystal Mist --- adds carnuba /gloss enhancers /UV protection
Zaino Z6 --- adds UV protection and gloss enhancers
Griots Speed Shine --- spot cleaning aid mostly
Four Star Detailer w/ Carnuba --- adds carnuba and gloss enhancer
Menzerna Acrylic Spritz --- acrylic protection, UV and added gloss
Sonus Spritz --- acrylic protection, UV , gloss enhancer
Meqs Final Inspection --- spot cleaning aid mostly
Wolfgang Instant Detailer --- adds polymer protection, gloss and UV
NXT Instant Detailer --- spot cleaning with gloss enhancers
Poorboys Gloss Spray --- primarly used for Gloss enhancement
Einszett Lackfinish --- polymer protection, UV protection, Gloss aid
Clearkote Detailer --- added UV, gloss, and carnuba protection
Four Star Gloss Enhancer --- added gloss, slickness, polymer protection
Mothers Showtime --- used primarily for spot cleaning

Spray Waxes - primarly used inbetween waxing in order to revitalize the protectant. These products are similar to liquid waxes and can provide similar protection. Most of these products need to be wiped on and buffed off seperately. Some are "total protection" in a bottle.

NXT SprayWax --- enhancement for NXT
Poorboys QD+ --- enhancement for most waxes and sealants
Eagle 1 Fast Wax --- carnuba protection in a can
Eagle 1 WAUD (Wax as you dry) --- spray wax for use while car wet
Einszett Spruh Wax --- hybrid sealant/wax spray
Griots Spray Wax --- enhancement for waxes/ sealants
Optimum Spray Wax --- hybrid wax/sealant -- total package
Stoner Speed Bead --- carnuba wax in a can
Mothers Reflections Ad Spray --- hybrid product

Spray Paint Sealants - this is a relatively new field of entrances where they offer added protection to paint sealants and try to add something usually missing in most sealants, and that is slickness and gloss. Paint truly feels slicker, and looks noticably glossier.

Zaino Z8 --- works similar to QD in that it is truly a quick wipe product
Brand X * --- spray on buff off product, lasting protection, slickness

products listed in dark red should be considered best in class and must have type products.

Now hopefully you can see where and why this area of detailing is so muddy. Look at all the QDer's offering some additional protection beyond just spot cleaning. Using them weekly after a wash can and will provide longer protection and a better appearance.

* -- Brand X Spray -- I wish I could divulge more about this product but currently in the testing stage. It should be released at a reasonable price in a very large line of products. It is a little finicky, in that it appears to be a QD type single wipe product, but currently leaves extra in need of a second quick buff in only certain areas. It adds alot more gloss and depth to Z2Pro and Klasse SG. (it was not necessarily made to do so) It offers slickness that is equal to Four Star and more than Z8. After a wash it was not gone like the rest of the products listed above, in that it was still noticable in slickness and gloss. I will post more as soon as allowed, and as soon as final edition is done.

I thought about offering an award (best in smell) as some of these products beg to be tasted or sniffed as necessary:

Zaino Z8 --- Appricot ?? Slight tingle of lemon
NXT Spray Wax --- key lime / jujubee's
Sonus --- fresh baby scent
Pinnacles Crystal Mist -- Pina Colada / Coconut
Poorboys Spray and Gloss -- Lemon Pledge

Last edited by Killrwheels; 04-19-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

I cannot believe that someone has not offered additional choices and their thoughts.

Turtle Wax Deep Gloss --- looks like cooking oil, silicone ??
Adams Detailing Mist --- ???
Detailers Pride Spray Wax --- ???
3M Perfect It Gloss --- ???
Eikmann Fabrik Pearl Spray Detailer --- cleaner, light gloss enhancer
Luster Detailer --- primarily a spot cleaner
Blackfire Deep Gloss --- ???

Last edited by Killrwheels; 04-18-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:58 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your forgot one.
Black Magic Wet Shine which I consider garbage.
What do you mean when you said Mothers Reflections is a hybrid?
Also the yellow lettering you use on brand X hurt my eyes.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jabez
Your forgot one.
Black Magic Wet Shine which I consider garbage.
What do you mean when you said Mothers Reflections is a hybrid?
Also the yellow lettering you use on brand X hurt my eyes.

hybrid = usually a mixture of carnuba and synthetic properties, thus not really considered a spray wax or sealant spray wax, but both. I was contacted by Forrest at Mother's and his product is purely synthetic, so I stand corrected.

I didn't like the yellow either, but it is darn hard to change it after its done. Even the "best in class" was not RED enough. EDIT: actually quite easy, now its Lime !

Last edited by Killrwheels; 04-19-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:28 AM
bretfraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compared to Z6, the new Z8 is not "quick wipe" IMO. While it doesn't have to be worked like a spray wax does, it take more than one or two wipes to finish off a panel. Z6 is the most "quick wipeable" QD I've ever used. I've used gallons and gallons of Eagle One Wipe & Shine, Meguiars QD's and Mothers Showtimes (among others) and nothing simply wipes on and off like Z6.

I have a friend who is testing two versions of "Brand X" spray. I'll get him some Z8 and see how it compares.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:51 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

It seems everyone is testing brand X.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:09 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default First Z2 Pro, now Z8.

Sal continues to impress me with his new products. I cannot say how impressed I was with his Z2 Pro when it was released, and now he does it again with his new Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal.

I sprayed my MB C320 with Z8 last week after washing it and was really impressed with how slick it was. Well with pollen season upon us and daylight savings time allowing me to wash after work instead of just on the weekends I probably washed my mb 3 times trying to keep it pollen free and it STILL feels super slick like I just polished or QD'd it. I know it says it adds polish/protection to the surface but man , I am impressed, especially during pollen season. I also tried a little spritz on the wood trim in my interior and cannot believe how it makes it pop. It seemed to hide all of the fine scratches and make it look better than new.

I had also done my black Z06 in the garage after I washed my MB and it really does improve the finish similar to throwing a coat of polish on. I went into the garage on Sunday and both me and my wife thought it looked even better than the day before and could not believe how great this spray works. Definitely worth the money. I am a firm believer in giving props where props are due so I gave Sal a call to tell him how impressed I was with his new product. To my amazement he actually answered the call (ON A SUNDAY, now thats customer service). I was bs'ing with him for a little while and he was telling me that the Z8 will actually continue to crosslink for 24 to 48 hours and that was probably why I was actually seeing an improvement over time. He also explained how the spray actually crosslinks and bonds to his polish and is a true booster.

Last edited by agentf1; 04-19-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hcvone
It seems everyone is testing brand X.
Carl .... wasn't everyone testing Z8 for Zaino, and I know Zaino is looking for a couple beta testers for the paint polish

Bret .... I disagree with you on Z8, although I understand where you are coming from. Crystal Mist and Z6 are usually a one wipe type product, but Z8 really did not need more than a follow-thru. Most of these other products need several wipes, or a good buffing in order remove completely. And thus why all three are on my "all-star" list.

If you have a chance Bret....have your friend trying the "Brand X" give me an email or PM. Would love to hear his/her thoughts. I got the best test vehicle, a brand new untouched 2005 Electric Blue Buick LaCrosse demo (fathers). Well unless it gets sold , but initial results with all showed no clear winner. Slickness was better with one of "brand X" but remember I am using them all without any wax or sealant below. (trial : Brand X (1 and 2), Optimum, Z8)

Agentf1 ---our resident Zaino Zealot , until now I have disagreed with you on some of the Zaino ONLY postings, but yes Z8 is a tremendous product and looks much better after setting for a hour or so. While the slickness is only about equal to UPP , when you factor in the durability factor of Zaino in general, the ease of use as a system (god I still hate ZFX), and the new look and you gotta a winner.

Now I gotta remind ya all, that everyone is upgrading, re-evaluating, and revamping their products which means it is going to be a very good year for the detailer.

Last edited by Killrwheels; 04-19-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

We have two products we "picked up" from someone who was testing them, one company starts with the letter "T" and the other is "F" .
Old 04-20-2005, 08:24 AM
exceldetail
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearkote Quikshine, does not contain Carnauba, or silicone.
Blackfires Deep Gloss Spray is an excellent flash detailer, providing Carnauba free protection.
Adams detailer is par with Clearkote, except the smell is a little overwhelming for me.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:28 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Killrwheels
Agentf1 ---our resident Zaino Zealot , until now I have disagreed with you on some of the Zaino ONLY postings, but yes Z8 is a tremendous product and looks much better after setting for a hour or so. While the slickness is only about equal to UPP , when you factor in the durability factor of Zaino in general, the ease of use as a system (god I still hate ZFX), and the new look and you gotta a winner.
Hey hey, I thought a Zealot was somebody that only used Zaino and never tried anything else. Right now I have Z2 Pro, Klasse, Four*, FMJ and EX-P on both of my daily drivers. I am definetly open minded to "other" products. But I do have to say that so far, Zaino Z2 Pro/Z8 is still my favorite so if that makes me a Zealot, so be it.

P.S. I have found the slickness of Z8 greater than everything I tried, even FMJ.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hcvone
We have two products we "picked up" from someone who was testing them, one company starts with the letter "T" and the other is "F" .
Good try .... but NO-NO !!

By the way , Tropicare is bringing out a grey wax not a spray sealant, if that was who you were referring to. As for F ??? Finish-Kare only comes to mind and I know NOTHING about them other than I saw their banner on the forum the other night, didnt realize they were a supporting vendor.

AgentF1 --- I was not attacking you, or calling you into contempt. Do a search under your name with "posts" and you will see no less than 100 Zaino posts in the last four months, and some didn't even start out looking for a Zaino reference. You love it ... and thats ok , thats why I put the cool indicator next to it, but you are a Zaino Zealot.

Get notified of new replies

To QDer's ... Instant Detailers ... Spray Wax ... Spray Sealant

Quick Reply: QDer's ... Instant Detailers ... Spray Wax ... Spray Sealant