Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is zaino the best wax on the market?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 06:19 PM
thorkonan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a c6 vert on order. What would be the first & best thing to do when I get it home. Would I still have to use a clay bar on a new car? I plan on using zaino products.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
stanleyp
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V Vette
Turtle wax..dont get in the hype of Draino, I mean Zaino..It is a $$$$$ maker.

Old 04-09-2005, 08:01 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I usually use Pinnacle Soverun. Have a bottle of NXT untouched...but Pinnacle is so easy to use.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:07 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by thorkonan
Is zaino the best wax on the market? if not, what do you recomend?

I don't know...what do you think???

Peace
Willfulone
Old 04-10-2005, 08:01 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default It is the preparation work that is more crucial for the most part as to whether Zaino

or any other product will be successful.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Kevin V
Pro

Prep work is critical in acheiving the optimum results, whatever your product is. I've used dozens of products for 35 years and Zaino is the ONLY product that gives me everything I want. To find what you like best trying different products is the way to go, for me that is Zaino.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:07 PM
2000droptop
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I've tried them all .I've owned corvettes for 27 years and the best line of products I've found is Clearkote (www.clearkote.com)
Corvettes of Houston and Dallas carry the products also.

I've used them since I found them 3 years ago. Easy application and removal. I prep my car for show (by hand, inside and out) in about 30-45 min. Then I walk the show and watch the other guys buff, polish and claybar for hours. When it's all said and done ,my car stands out in the crowd.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:25 PM
ALL ST@R
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i know people dont like it....but i use a mother's soap...zaino clay bar...and a meguiars cleaner wax...stuff always does me right...
Old 04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
NightFlight
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2000droptop
I've tried them all .I've owned corvettes for 27 years and the best line of products I've found is Clearkote (www.clearkote.com)
Corvettes of Houston and Dallas carry the products also.

I've used them since I found them 3 years ago. Easy application and removal. I prep my car for show (by hand, inside and out) in about 30-45 min. Then I walk the show and watch the other guys buff, polish and claybar for hours. When it's all said and done ,my car stands out in the crowd.
Funny, I've driven to many shows and just dusted mine off and then walked around watching everyone else spend hours detailing -- I've placed several times, which in some of the shows I've been in is hard to do with a straight black Vette.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Gutch94
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Up front, I'll admit that I don't have a lot of experience with all the polishes out there. I was pretty happy doing the regular Saturday wash and turtle wax routine on my Torch Red '94. Tried a couple couple different products to try to get the swirls out of the paint with little success.

Found the forum and heard a lot about Zaino, so I decided to give it a shot. Bought it a couple months ago, but the weather didn't break until last weekend. Washed her down, didn't bother running the clay bar (the horror!!!), and went right to work alternating coats of Z-5 and Z-2 mixed with the accelerator, with Z-6 spray between coats.

Although my upper body was in pain after two days of applications, I have to tell you that this car has never looked so good! All hints of swirls and scratches are gone, the 11 year old paint looks brand-spanking new, and the shine is amazing! From here on out, it should be a breeze to maintain, and extra coats will only take an hour or so, not another weekend project. I guess I've become another Zaino Zealot...
Old 04-14-2005, 05:43 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default Some people still use Turtle Wax or Simoniz.

Quick Reply: Is zaino the best wax on the market?