Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Corvette Depot in Windsor....Terrible Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 04:07 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Corvette Depot in Windsor....Terrible Service

I placed an order with Corvette Depot on Nov 27th, and paid extra for split shipping.

Subsequently placed a couple more orders to add to that order.

Some of the items from the original order were shipped to me.

Since then, nothing.

Each time I called them I was told I didn’t pay extra for split shipping on the second order, and the third order.

So I agreed to pay the extra $13.00 twice more.

The website shows part of my order as shipped, but no tracking number available.

Hasn’t changed in a week.

I called yesterday, and Sarah said she would look into it and get back to me. No call back.

I called today…. the order still has not been shipped.

I asked her why I didn’t receive a call back yesterday…”because I had no information for you”

Asked her when it will be shipped…she has no idea because “we’re in a pandemic”.

As if that explains why my order has been sitting there ready to ship for a week, and why the rest of my order has not even made it to shipping.

Asked to speak to a supervisor or manager ....” there is no manager here”. No one above her to speak to.

So, with no idea when I would receive anything from them, I told her to cancel my order and refund my visa…close to $1000.00

Terrible customer service, terrible attitude.

I should have learned from the previous posts on them.

I’ll never order from them again.

The following users liked this post:
macs65 (08-05-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 04:56 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

yeah they suck.... plus they just pretty much order whatever you want from the US and re ship it to you....I find Corvette Central to be pretty good....

Last edited by dankhts; 01-13-2021 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:34 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

What Dan said.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:30 PM
Norm07
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

I have had a few large orders over the past several months. I compared prices between Corvette Depot and Corvette Central. When everything was considered, the price, exchange rate and shipping Corvette Central was about 5 to 10% cheaper. And last but not least, I ordered on a Monday and it was on my doorstep Friday. A few items were back ordered but were sent along a week or two later, no extra charges. They will get all my business from now on.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:23 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

I used to order from Corvette Central...especially when they had free shipping, but I thought I would try to keep my business in Canada.

Didn't work out well.

I just ordered everything from Corvette Central.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:45 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Really miss ordering my shipments to Detroit, then taking a weekend getaway there and driving it back myself. Free shipping, no fuss, easy to inspect before release in case of any issues. As a couple $1,600 duty (x) plus alc+tobacco exemptions. That and good fun while there always made the boring Windsor-Toronto 401 drive worth suffering.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:50 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I've never used them but only heard NOT great things about them for years. Corvette Central in the US is fantastic.
In general, American companies are WAY better at customer service than most Canadian companies.
While it's true that there have been some delays in shipping due to Covid, there is no excuse not to get back to you and treat you with respect as a paying customer.

I find it ironic that so many Canadians think we're "better" than Americans, but from my experience, and I deal with ALOT of Americans, their customer service is top notch, and they are much more respectful than us Canadians, in general.
kenmo (10-31-2023)
Old 01-14-2021, 11:27 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

So...now that I told them to cancel everything, all of a sudden I get notice that some of the order has been shipped.

What a coincidence.

Just had a call from them....Sarah says that it was shipped already before I canceled. With no tracking number until last night.

This after telling me that due to covid she has no idea when it will be shipped.

I told her that I will return everything to them if they pay for return shipping, but she refused to pay for the shipping.

Then she hung up on me .

Customer service at it's finest.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:35 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

CC got my business as well.

Northern Corvette in St Catharines (area) was also somewhere I bought new parts from. Service was great, delivery was great, parts quality was just "ok" (rear wheel bearings squeaked after 3 years, right when the warranty was over, so was out of luck). Getting a core refund (on the trailing arms) was a bit of a chore, but it did come, 6 months later.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:43 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Live and learn.
I read their reviews, but took a chance. They were Ok for a while, but this was ridiculous.
Yesterday she tells me she has no idea when they are going to be shipped....today she tells me that they were already shipped, but it takes a day or 2 for a tracking number.
I reminded her today that it had been since Jan 6th that they were supposedly shipped....7 days to get a tracking number.
She told me "you have to take account the weekend" lol....2 days goes to 7 because of the weekend.
You can't make this stuff up.
When I told her I'd get Visa to do a chargeback on anything else she shipped me she got ticked off and said "good luck with that" and hung up on me.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:04 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hzz
So...now that I told them to cancel everything, all of a sudden I get notice that some of the order has been shipped.

What a coincidence.

Just had a call from them....Sarah says that it was shipped already before I canceled. With no tracking number until last night.

This after telling me that due to covid she has no idea when it will be shipped.

I told her that I will return everything to them if they pay for return shipping, but she refused to pay for the shipping.

Then she hung up on me .

Customer service at it's finest.
bunch of asshats there.. i had to return a wrong item, siad they would not pay return shipping, but they did in the end. last time i ever dealt with them.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:07 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
CC got my business as well.

Northern Corvette in St Catharines (area) was also somewhere I bought new parts from. Service was great, delivery was great, parts quality was just "ok" (rear wheel bearings squeaked after 3 years, right when the warranty was over, so was out of luck). Getting a core refund (on the trailing arms) was a bit of a chore, but it did come, 6 months later.
James can be something to deal with, when he knows someone needs something, the price of poker goes up
when i asked about a dipstick tube, yea i have one, $135. never even answered him. got one from the states for 65.cdn and shipping in.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:06 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Just got another notice from Corvette Depot that another shipment of parts is coming Friday.
Yesterday they tell me they have no idea when it will be shipped, we're in a pandemic, and it's arriving Friday.
I've already ordered everything from Corvette Central, and will send the parts back to Corvette Depot.
I want them to pay for the return shipping, but they are refusing.
So much for trying to buy in Canada
Old 01-14-2021, 05:11 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hzz
Just got another notice from Corvette Depot that another shipment of parts is coming Friday.
Yesterday they tell me they have no idea when it will be shipped, we're in a pandemic, and it's arriving Friday.
I've already ordered everything from Corvette Central, and will send the parts back to Corvette Depot.
I want them to pay for the return shipping, but they are refusing.
So much for trying to buy in Canada
hope you don t get the shaft and end up with double everything.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:14 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by walleyejack
hope you don t get the shaft and end up with double everything.
Looks like I probably will....but I'll return the stuff to Corvette Depot.

I'd rather wait for Corvette Central than deal with Corvette Depot any more.

I've waited since Nov 27th...been doing other things on the car that don't require their parts...I'll wait a little longer.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:41 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hzz
Looks like I probably will....but I'll return the stuff to Corvette Depot.

I'd rather wait for Corvette Central than deal with Corvette Depot any more.

I've waited since Nov 27th...been doing other things on the car that don't require their parts...I'll wait a little longer.
or maybe try and sell some on here..
Old 01-14-2021, 09:39 PM
KOZ
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

They suck big! I'm convinced its not a real business....someones basement and they never stock or order anything until you pay for it.

Go elsewhere and get real service.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Depot in Windsor....Terrible Service

Old 01-15-2021, 08:19 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Only 1 dealing with them personally = 1 too many. Site said part was in stock, ordered then nothing for a few days. Called Sarah said that part was coming from their US supplier. At least I got it 3 weeks later. Never again. Never had an issue with Caledon Corvette (Santo), Northern (James), Corvette America, Volunteer Vettes or Wilcox.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:36 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

It's too bad these Canadian places act like this when they are basically resellers.

Dad dealt with Pam at Corvette Corral a couple of times for some parts and he was pretty happy. Dad also got a few parts from Ken's Corvettes and did OK with him.

We've dealt with Early Birds in Barrie for a bunch of things and they've been good. Not much for Vette parts though I don't think.

I tried Mcleans Classics once for AMD panels and ended up cancelling there after multiple excuses about building a big enough order. I've been dealing with Auto Parts R Us since for AMD panels and Bud is good. He makes no bones about taking orders and picking them up across the border but he gets it done when he says he will and his prices are decent. I priced it out and just couldn't save any money by ordering direct and picking the panels up at the border.
walleyejack (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 08:42 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
It's too bad these Canadian places act like this when they are basically resellers.

Dad dealt with Pam at Corvette Corral a couple of times for some parts and he was pretty happy. Dad also got a few parts from Ken's Corvettes and did OK with him.

We've dealt with Early Birds in Barrie for a bunch of things and they've been good. Not much for Vette parts though I don't think.

I tried Mcleans Classics once for AMD panels and ended up cancelling there after multiple excuses about building a big enough order. I've been dealing with Auto Parts R Us since for AMD panels and Bud is good. He makes no bones about taking orders and picking them up across the border but he gets it done when he says he will and his prices are decent. I priced it out and just couldn't save any money by ordering direct and picking the panels up at the border.
that used to be in Etobicoke or Mississauga ? Izzy ?

Quick Reply: Corvette Depot in Windsor....Terrible Service