Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

any confirmation on the date?
Hope you don't mind a c5 tagging along
Old 08-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Frank, as my first post in likely 2-3 years here... You put a smile on my face to see this post. If I can help in anyway... Count me in and I will see about a vette... C5 or maybe C6... I didn't know the original purchase story but that is one of the best stories I've ever heard.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

gdm78vette - It would be great if you can make it as the more people that can come the more motivation it's given me.

corrado - Thanks Corrado- I won't have it done by the 22nd weekend as I only have time to make it drivable, but come next year the work continues.

HiVoltge Any generation of Corvette is encouraged to join in. I wanted to start a poll (to select a date) but I can't seem to find the time. At this point I'm barely staying awake.

Cdn Z06 Mike - Mike, it's really good to hear from you as you've put a smile on my face. I've wanted to quit several time on this last leg of the rebuild but Erwin keeps reminding me of why I'm doing it. I appreciate the offer of help, if you can make it to my parents place in Oakville that in itself would be really helpful.

There just seems to be more and more problems. I found out I need a new rad and several more parts and time is running out.

Update:

Old 08-13-2015, 08:58 PM
FOLDNTOP
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Frank,
I think the story is great and have been interested in seeing this car back on the road. I live in Oakville so if you post the time amd location I should be able to drop by.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:59 AM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Frank. Looks like you have made some great progress.
I remember quite a few years ago, a bunch of us spent a Saturday working on your Vette.
Your probably the only one with the same Vette.

The 23rd. would work for me.
Good luck.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:59 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSESHON Mark
Frank. Looks like you have made some great progress.
I remember quite a few years ago, a bunch of us spent a Saturday working on your Vette.
Your probably the only one with the same Vette.

The 23rd. would work for me.
Good luck.
Hey Mark, I'm still driving the same Vette as that long ago Saturday at Franks place. Hooray for Champion motors or I'd be a TTC guy.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

FOLDNTOP - Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it. Once I see you I can put a face to the name but I believe we had a conversation about this car at Corvette's at Carlisle many years ago.

OBSESHON Mark - I remember that day (Wrenching Session), it was one of the hottest days in May and it was Gary Bishop that recommended I gather members to help motivate me. I also remember Kidneyboy (Mike) installing a steering wheel and asked if I had a puller but I managed to remove it by hand............with the aid of a hammer. Scube installed rear u-joints with the help of Cdn Z06 Mike and I.

Update;,

The motor has been primed and started. This identified a vacuum, transmission and header leak. Once all leaks have been taken care of, timing etc will be dealt with I'm expecting problems since this is a rush build and I know we're cutting some corners. I'm really glad that the car has a heart beat. My next concern is the transmission.

How about a few more members join in?

Old 08-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Frank4202
Melting Slicks

Received 402 Likes on 225 Posts

Wish I was a little closer. Love watching your progress. Cant wait to see the finished product and see the smile on your Dads face.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:44 PM
1971Coupe
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Frank .... I'm lost for words with all your motivation this year.....looks great.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Frank4202 - It's gonna be close time wise. I will try to post a final picture on Friday of the car sitting in the driveway.

1971Coupe - Thanks Romeo, sorry I haven't had time to call you and chat, but hopefully after the car is roadworthy.

Update;

Last edited by Maymyvetteliveforevr; 08-16-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:32 PM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice and good luck with completing this in time ... Lookin good so far
Old 08-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Frank are we still on for the 23rd and will need you to post a time and meeting place
Old 08-17-2015, 10:00 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Cdn UFO
Frank are we still on for the 23rd and will need you to post a time and meeting place
didn t think there was a date established yet.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:39 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

I'm sorry I haven't been more active in my own thread but at the moment I'm dealing with three problems. I have no power steering, the car won't idle and I have no brakes. The brakes is because I have three leaks and I don't know if the booster is working properly, I guess it could also be the master, but I need to fix the leaks first.

I'm working as many hours per day as I possibly can.

The interior isn't finished, and the car is still not completely together yet. I'm also having problems with Hagarty Insurance therefore I still don't have insurance or plates.

Can someone update which day has better weather this weekend, Saturday or Sunday?

Also anyone know if more people would be available Saturday, or Sunday?

Update

Old 08-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Mickman
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I haven't replied until now, but it goes without saying.. I'm in!!!

As of now, weather is looking good on both Saturday/Sunday, both sunny with very little chance of rain. Lets hope it stays that way!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:47 PM
harrin
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sat would be the better of the two days for me.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:38 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 661 Likes on 443 Posts

I can only do Saturday - 75 ragtop...

Get notified of new replies

To May I Ask A Favour

Old 08-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Hi all!

Frank is working out in the garage (as usual) but has asked me let you know where you will be meeting this weekend.

A couple of blocks from his parents' house there is a Food Basics plaza on the northwest corner of Kerr Street and Speers Road in Oakville. For those with a GPS, the actual address is 530 Kerr Street. He will let you know date and time as soon as he knows it himself and you can all meet there!

If you live in the Brampton area and would like to cruise down to Oakville with Frank, send him a PM and one of us will send you our home address.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cathy
Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Either day works for me Frank!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

I’m done for the day, it’s shower time and then bed as I’m really tired.

I'm abandoning putting the car back together (cosmetically) as I have 5 problems that take priority.

1. I’ve bleed the brakes about 4 times (dot 5 fluid) and the pedal still feels spongy. I can’t get the brake light to go off. I know two things effect the brake light, e-brake and pressure valve on the proportioning valve which deals with pressure imbalance.
2. I have no power steering, I rebuilt the pump myself but there is no guarantee I did it properly. The rest of the system is new and yes there is enough fluid and the belt is tight.
3. The car doesn’t seem to want to idle, the timing is at 12 degrees and I have 15 lbs vacuum from the top front of the carb port. When I put it in drive from 1000 rpm, the car stalls.
4. Cathy is having problems with Hagart/lant insurance.
5. I don’t know if I’m going to need a safety and if I do I don’t have time to get one. I don’t see why I should since we’re not changing owners. But they may request it since it hasn’t been insured or plated for 26 years.

Wish me luck

Quick Reply: May I Ask A Favour