Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Champion Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Champion Rocks!

What shop calls you on a Friday night to say your car is "ready why not come and get it for the weekend?" Champion does. Last Friday I took the Vette to Rob after the windshield broke and the birdcage snapped at the passenger door. Plus a motor mount had broken as well. Well the boys fabricated all the repairs on the birdcage (no more leaks ) replaced the motor mounts and my baby is home again.
Thanks Rob and Pete and all the guys at Champion.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Holy crap Mike. That's a lot of things to happen all at once. Must have been one helluva pot hole. No wonder you were feeling down.

Glad you got the car back all mended and good on the chaps at Champion for getting her ready for you for the weekend.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:34 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Excellent news Mike and great customer service.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:00 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Now put some miles on that baby.

Dodosmike
Old 08-09-2014, 12:05 AM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sami85L98
Mike get the C5 man, get rid of C3 seriously. I recommend C5 based on your health, and your liking......i think even budget wise too C5 will be much better for ya, No matter how is C3 they are for mechanical inclined people like 7tvette (bruce) his C3 is something thats only C3 i give thumbs up, no offence Just a suggestion bud, hope you dont take it wrong way.
No offense taken Sammi, I listen to it all. In fact I probably agree with you about everything including Bruce's beautiful '72 but I love the C3 body style and the entire old school look. I always wanted a C3 and this was my gift to me after my transplant. I'm going to keep it.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by kidneyboy
I always wanted a C3 and this was my gift to me after my transplant. I'm going to keep it.
The transplant or the car??

Seriously was this damage caused by one incident or just things that needed to be fix? As someone else said must have been one hell of a pot hole.

Great that you got your car back quickly so you can enjoy these beautiful summer days and nights.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No doubt they care about their customers @ Champion Mike. The owners both have Corvettes and truly have a high empathy level.
Happy you have the car for this weekend of sunshine.
Hope to see you soon on a Thursday cruise.

Last edited by Jutskin; 08-11-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:57 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Mike what was the history of your C3 as there must have been some rust in your birdcage for it to break like that. Lots of Corvettes were driven year 'round through the 70's as "everyone knew that fibreglass doesn't rust". They just never thought about the frame/birdcage.
Spent an hour with the vette this morning, got the new MSD mini starter installed, adjusted the clutch pedal play and fired it up. Big coolant leak as i wasn't thinking and put the gasket in before the thermostat - easy fix. Now off to use a timing light and make a list of little things I need to order from Summit that I simply can't find ie. my original valve cover vent tube.

Last edited by gdh; 08-09-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:47 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Thanks for all the . To answer a couple of questions; the history of the car is pretty unknown prior to when I got it. Previous owner was a shifty "backyard car salesman" type but from the car fax no accidents, no major issues. I assume the birdcage issue was more a result of old-age and poor care before me rather than the potholes. Although it was ultimately the roads in Toronto that did her in. And yes it was awesome of Champion to do the work so fast, they had trouble finding a windsheild and that took some time as well. Just going out now to take the tape off of the windshield and dust her down, then Valerie and I are going out for dinner and then to see the super moon over the lake. Great weekend to have a Corvette!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kidneyboy
No offense taken Sammi, I listen to it all. In fact I probably agree with you about everything including Bruce's beautiful '72 but I love the C3 body style and the entire old school look. I always wanted a C3 and this was my gift to me after my transplant. I'm going to keep it.
Well said Mike and glad to hear you were taken care of. Also glad with your decision.

I need to get out in a Vette this year, "I've got the FEVER!.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:48 PM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
Well said Mike and glad to hear you were taken care of. Also glad with your decision.

I need to get out in a Vette this year, "I've got the FEVER!.
still waiting......

Get notified of new replies

To Champion Rocks!

Quick Reply: Champion Rocks!