Canadian Events Canada, eh?

I've had it with left lane ass...bandits

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Default I've had it with left lane ***...bandits

You ever get that feeling you just want to choke the living s**t out of someone? Well that was me today on the 404.

Asswipe in a beige SUV in the left lane doing 86km according to my DIC. Lots of traffic but was finally able to get into the middle lane to pass and the &^%$%^ &*&%##^$%&* #&*$#^@$!@@$$^* &#$^$%#@# $#%&&*%$^ speeds up just enough to be on my left quarter so I can't get into the left lane. So now I'm doing 99km in the middle, no where to go so fine. Now he speeds up in the left lane as it's literally wide open in front of him, so about 4 cars pass, I get into the left lane and sure enough, it slows down. The cars in front of me are able to get into the middle lane, pass the fool and get back into the left lane, but you think I can do that?

At this point, I start giving this jerk the one finger salute. He just looks at me and smiles. He f*****g smiles! Gives me a thumbs up and starts clapping. Now I'm normally a cool cucumber, but this guy really set me off this morning. So now, I'm in a foul mood, wishing I had rockets on my car so I can blow his smiling face off this world.

Have to put up with this sh*t. Uggh.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:55 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

so how do you really feel about it Stan....
Old 08-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Just let it go Stan, it will eat you up. There are a$$wipes everywhere these days and some of them drive SUV's. I had a guy cut me off on University Avenue one day in a Government of Ontario car, I wanted to hurt him. Bugged me greatly but I have found that if you let the other party get to you it usually causes other issues. Like getting a retaliation ticket for doing something stupid because you are mad. Trust me I know.

There was a time when people took pride in their driving ability, not anymore. As I said they are everywhere.

Cool down, take a deep breath and forget the goof. If not he wins.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:13 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

You were in your Vette?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:21 AM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

WELCOME TO "ENGLAND", in the GTA it's now the norm to sit and spin in the left lane and have to pass on the right.
No matter how much light flashing and honking you do, people today are so brain dead when they drive, makes me wonder how they live to see the end of the day.

Then the police do all these "stupid" campaigns for road safety, yet they do NOTHING about the left lane idiots, who will cause more havoc on the roads than an impaired driver.
Oh yeah, they do nothing to the left lane idiots, but they seem to find the time to pull over a car for not having it's front licence plate on...because that's a real road safety issue.
In my experience I have actually seen police cars pass a car, hogging the left lane, and proceed without doing anything about it.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
You were in your Vette?
Yup.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by dankhts
so how do you really feel about it Stan....
Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Just let it go Stan, it will eat you up. There are a$$wipes everywhere these days and some of them drive SUV's. I had a guy cut me off on University Avenue one day in a Government of Ontario car, I wanted to hurt him. Bugged me greatly but I have found that if you let the other party get to you it usually causes other issues. Like getting a retaliation ticket for doing something stupid because you are mad. Trust me I know.

There was a time when people took pride in their driving ability, not anymore. As I said they are everywhere.

Cool down, take a deep breath and forget the goof. If not he wins.
I usually do let it go. It was just the way he smiled at me with the thumbs up. Smug and arrogant. He's lucky cause I would have shoved not only his thumbs, but both his arms into his *** all the way up to the elbows.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:29 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Best offense to these asshats, is a good defense.

Lay back and read the road and do what you need to do to get around said *** clown in other ways. Sometimes when they peg you, they are all in on pissing just YOU off. So, don't allow said *** clowns know you are "trying" to get around.

You have to drive as if you don't give a rats ***. Read the road, then make a bold move in/around the remaining traffic, saving one finger salute for the winning move.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Ya, you almost have to pass on the right rather aggressively because there are lots of idiots who will make a point of speeding up to cut you off. Driving a Corvette just makes it more likely to happen. First flashing your lights also makes it likely to happen. The roads are full of stupid petty and selfish drivers who could care less about others on the road and who get upset when others expect them to share. It's the whole "I pay my taxes so I can drive however I want" bS.

I passed a rather large crane doing <80kph in the middle lane on the 400 Tuesday. He was causing a 2-3km back-up of traffic. Once past him everything started flowing well gain. A few years ago going from Niagara to TO the left lane drivers were so bad that the right lane was almost empty. One guy in the right lane must have felt sorry for me because he pulled to the middle to let me go past him.

Last edited by lionelhutz; 08-08-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
You ever get that feeling you just want to choke the living s**t out of someone? Well that was me today on the 404...
Have to put up with this sh*t. Uggh.
Well, I find myself having similar experiences of driver frustration in this always busy city of Toronto, and feel my temperature rising a lot more as I witness what I believe to be poor/unsafe/disrespectful driver behaviour.

Glad to hear you didn't engage in a 'vehicle shootout' that could have had a much worse end result.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:52 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Mr Stan, I agree with you and everyone else in this thread 237%. This is my biggest pet Peeve on the road.

Toronto is full of inconsiderate, terrible drivers who sit in the passing lane and you pretty much have to use the right lane to pass. IDIOTS!!

Venting is good.

Then just let it go.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by Vernon
Well, I find myself having similar experiences of driver frustration in this always busy city of Toronto, and feel my temperature rising a lot more as I witness what I believe to be poor/unsafe/disrespectful driver behaviour.

Glad to hear you didn't engage in a 'vehicle shootout' that could have had a much worse end result.
Playing games like Burnout and Need for Speed sure does puts lots of ideas in my head. Just too bad we only get one life and there's no reset button.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by corrado
Mr Stan, I agree with you and everyone else in this thread 237%. This is my biggest pet Peeve on the road.

Toronto is full of inconsiderate, terrible drivers who sit in the passing lane and you pretty much have to use the right lane to pass. IDIOTS!!

Venting is good.

Then just let it go.
Maybe it's not so much the left lane bandit. It was just that smugness he displayed. Would have loved to have dropped some red matter onto his face to see it get swallowed up. (Star Trek movie reference in case anyone was wondering).
Old 08-08-2014, 02:09 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

It seems to be getting exponentially worse every year. We used to live in Yorkville before moving up here and looked fwd to going dwntn for shopping, art galleries, dinner etc. Now I try to avoid heading into To if all possible. Don't know how commuters do it everyday unless taking the Go.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by gdh
It seems to be getting exponentially worse every year. We used to live in Yorkville before moving up here and looked fwd to going dwntn for shopping, art galleries, dinner etc. Now I try to avoid heading into To if all possible. Don't know how commuters do it everyday unless taking the Go.

It isn't easy my friend; but knowing I'm only "visiting" four nights a week does help.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

unfortunately the police don't care because they would be rather issuing tickets for no front plates - I run into these situations all the time and drives me nuts!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:14 PM
KLUTZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OPP had a campaign about 6 years ago to target the Left land idiot. It actually worked. As soon as they announced it had ended it became worse then ever. I travel the 400 twice daily from Innisfil to Toronto and if I don't have my 3 coffees before I get to work you wouldn't want to talk to me for hours... Now.. I find an equally annoying bunch of A-Holes are the ones who are stopped at a red light... the cars with the green light wait at the intersection for the intersection to clear.... and these POS make the left turn into where you are waiting to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and block the intersection.
The world is full of A-Hole drivers.

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

― George Carlin

Get notified of new replies

To I've had it with left lane ass...bandits

Old 08-08-2014, 07:14 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

You handled it right - you just have to believe payback will hit these jerks one day!!
Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
SEXYCEE7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my name for left lane aholes are left handed hogs they don't know what that lane is meant for and I too travel that 400 everyday and they set the cruise at 110 and figure they have every right to that lane. Pretty bad when I have to pass on the right where is there a cop when you want one. Ops I would get the ticket for passing on right.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 PM
YBNORMEL
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Going up the 404 at 5:30 one morning. Quiet, dark. Car in the left lane doing 120, I'm in the center lane doing the same about 10 cars back. There really isn't any traffic until I look into the rear view and see a set us headlights coming up on us FAST. I decide to stay in the center lane, car in the out side lane doesn't see him. Fast moving car passes me on the inside lane and immediately swerves over to cut in front of the car in the left lane. He startled the driver so badly the driver jerked the wheel then over corrected and shot across all the lanes and hit the jersey barriers on the other side of the highway. Just passing in front of me. I slowed and tried to pull over but there were Jersey barriers along the shoulder so I just called it in.
This driver got alot more then he deserved for hogging the left lane.

Quick Reply: I've had it with left lane ass...bandits