Canadian Events Canada, eh?

I've had it with left lane ass...bandits

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:04 AM
family-man
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I drive from Burlington to kennedy and 401 every day for work. I see all types of crap. The worst are the Toyota drivers and the contractor/construction vans/pickups

what yall need to do is go to dollarama, buy a bag of marbles in the toy aisle, and keep some in your car. people **** you off just whip out a few. one time some dude on 403 got a hockey puck to the side of his benz. but hockey pucks are $1 each so gets kinda expensive.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:25 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Stan , chalk it up to jealousy... a bad case of jealousy... SUV - Corvette... Let it go ...
Old 08-09-2014, 07:31 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

You guys need to move to Montreal everyone here drives just perfectly.Not!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:14 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by family-man
I drive from Burlington to kennedy and 401 every day for work. I see all types of crap. The worst are the Toyota drivers and the contractor/construction vans/pickups

what yall need to do is go to dollarama, buy a bag of marbles in the toy aisle, and keep some in your car. people **** you off just whip out a few. one time some dude on 403 got a hockey puck to the side of his benz. but hockey pucks are $1 each so gets kinda expensive.
I detest left lane bandits as much as anyone, but really? Throwing marbles or pucks out the window at cars moving at 100kmh+ on 400 series highways with no regard of the possible consequences of possible panic stops and multi vehicle accidents. Your just kidding, aren't you family-man?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
I detest left lane bandits as much as anyone, but really? Throwing marbles or pucks out the window at cars moving at 100kmh+ on 400 series highways with no regard of the possible consequences of possible panic stops and multi vehicle accidents. Your just kidding, aren't you family-man?

Yes I do believe he is kidding.

Why use marbles, which cost money, when there's plenty of gravel all around us, for free.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 08-09-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:57 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by family-man
That's a frightening response.

I use my in car cam regularly while on the highways around here. Had an instance last year where someone was actually trying to run a car off the road by slowing until the car behind pulled out to pass, then the other car sped up and slowed to not let him in with oncoming traffic. I sent the video to the OPP, heard the driver was charged with dangerous driving and a few other things as the video showed his plate. I pulled up at a light and got his face complete with the 1 finger salute. It also had the plate of the driver who was been forced off the road and police contacted him.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:41 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by gdh
That's a frightening response.

I use my in car cam regularly while on the highways around here. Had an instance last year where someone was actually trying to run a car off the road by slowing until the car behind pulled out to pass, then the other car sped up and slowed to not let him in with oncoming traffic. I sent the video to the OPP, heard the driver was charged with dangerous driving and a few other things as the video showed his plate. I pulled up at a light and got his face complete with the 1 finger salute. It also had the plate of the driver who was been forced off the road and police contacted him.
I do the same. When I have a passenger in the car I always have them try to make it very obvious they got the person and all their actions recorded, with a big thumbs up, you idiot. Whether or not the vid actually happened or gets sent, the offender is convinced he'll have a complainant coming after him.

And yes, the right lanes sadly are the new passing lanes - but I really hate that and wish there were stronger campaigns and enforcement.

If someone's dangerously faster than traffic I want them well ahead of me (to get what might have been my ticket, of course.) But if some selfish d!ckhead (e.g. usually a Corolla) is parked in the passing lane, it's not hard or long before I get ahead - I just hate passing on the right.

Then, while it ain't marbles, puck or gravel, my Audi has a nice high pressure headlight and windshield washer combo feature that sends quite a spray, delivering the message while I just leave 'em behind in that mist and <keyword here> just move up, signal and keep right myself at the next opportunity - demonstrating the intent here.

For the most part, you gotta move past the idiots, remembering for some the only thing greater than their ignorance is their ability to express it.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Some guys think they are really big and tough when they're behind the wheel. You should have followed him until he stopped, gotten out of your car and intimidated him. He probably would have crapped his pants.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:13 PM
PatriotsGuy
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Im in hysterics

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
You ever get that feeling you just want to choke the living s**t out of someone? Well that was me today on the 404.

Asswipe in a beige SUV in the left lane doing 86km according to my DIC. Lots of traffic but was finally able to get into the middle lane to pass and the &^%$%^ &*&%##^$%&* #&*$#^@$!@@$$^* &#$^$%#@# $#%&&*%$^ speeds up just enough to be on my left quarter so I can't get into the left lane. So now I'm doing 99km in the middle, no where to go so fine. Now he speeds up in the left lane as it's literally wide open in front of him, so about 4 cars pass, I get into the left lane and sure enough, it slows down. The cars in front of me are able to get into the middle lane, pass the fool and get back into the left lane, but you think I can do that?

At this point, I start giving this jerk the one finger salute. He just looks at me and smiles. He f*****g smiles! Gives me a thumbs up and starts clapping. Now I'm normally a cool cucumber, but this guy really set me off this morning. So now, I'm in a foul mood, wishing I had rockets on my car so I can blow his smiling face off this world.

Have to put up with this sh*t. Uggh.
Dont mean to laugh a your road rage experience. But when you said I wish I had rockets on my car. I almost craped my pants laughing .like the James bond rocket equipped Aston Martin. That was priceless
Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy
Dont mean to laugh a your road rage experience. But when you said I wish I had rockets on my car. I almost craped my pants laughing .like the James bond rocket equipped Aston Martin. That was priceless
some stories are just priceless
Old 05-30-2015, 09:27 PM
family-man
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I use decent sized rocks now. they are free and leave some nice damage
Old 05-31-2015, 10:34 PM
tripleblackchevy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are days when I love driving the Jeep over the chevy for this very reason...actually last summer I was in the jeep coming home at about 2am from a bar I was at, and I'm traveling down what is basically a 1 lane street on either side of the road (I think it was downtown bloor st) because the right lanes were full of parked cars...

So anyways, I'm doing about 50 k when all of a sudden an oncoming car decides he's going to make a U-turn in front of me...well, actually, a 55 point turn and I literally almost drilled him as a result.

So i'm all pissed off, hit my horn (usually never use it) and buddy in the passenger seat rolls his window down and flips me the bird. Alright, no problem, I just installed the big 50" LED bar up top and all traffic was now stopped because of this dimwit, so there was no danger of blinding people and causing an accident at this point.

Ya- he didn't like 30,000 lumens straight to the face, his reaction was straight out of a space movie when some big hot sun comes up out of the darkness...hands flailing everywhere, tilted back in the seat trying to get away from it...made me instantly feel better hahahahha

But ya, left lane bandits have been a pet peeve of mine for years. The Jeep almost never drives in the left lane because I can't do much over 120 and I don't have passing power unless the roads are real empty.

Explain this to me...why are all the stupid left lane bandits the same stupid people that drive with their high beams on...honestly though, has anyone else ever noticed when you finally pass those guys at night their lights are in highbeam mode??
Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

The max speed limit is 100 km/h. They were driving safely
Old 06-01-2015, 09:38 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just pray for them
Old 06-01-2015, 10:35 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51

this is the truth,,,, limits need to raised to a minimum 110 like it was back in the day,,,
Old 10-29-2016, 10:26 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

i have had it with left lane morons, come out of a side street and have to get in the left lane immediately, and go no where. everyone has to be in the left land anymore, wth is up with that, make way faster time in the right land where one is suppossed to be, unless you want to overtake another vehicle, then back into the right lane. is terrible, and 400 series hiways the have to jump right in the middle land and do 90 or maybe 100. just unreal. no wonder i have to take a 6 pack with me going across the city.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:35 PM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
i have had it with left lane morons, come out of a side street and have to get in the left lane immediately, and go no where. everyone has to be in the left land anymore, wth is up with that, make way faster time in the right land where one is suppossed to be, unless you want to overtake another vehicle, then back into the right lane. is terrible, and 400 series hiways the have to jump right in the middle land and do 90 or maybe 100. just unreal. no wonder i have to take a 6 pack with me going across the city.
Now you have crossed the line,I'm afraid.Not only will the left lane hogging anti-destination league asshats be in your way,now you have invited the holier than thou anti-drinking MADD meddlers to pontificate on the hazards of merely sniffing a bottle cap before driving...

Get notified of new replies

To I've had it with left lane ass...bandits

Old 10-31-2016, 03:14 PM
JB08
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Sadly this is the root cause of bad driving in Ontario. I have driven in both the UK and continental Europe and the experiences were eye opening. In Europe the emphasis is on skill and traffic flow, so intersections have roundabouts, highway speed limits are 120-130 and most cars are manuals. There is no coddling of drivers and so while police will ticket speeders, passing on the right, sitting in the left lane and other obnoxious behaviour is also enforced. Case in point, in the UK you will lose demerit points for passing someone on the right (or the left in their case). While this seems counterintuitive, it sends a signal that lane discipline is important and moving over is the only way cars will get around you.

Driving in Ontario is comparatively depressing... I have given up and will pass on the right given that lane discipline is non-existent in this province. Sadly, people here equate speed limit with safety... and only the speed limit (which is too low on 400 series highways, but that's another rant for another day). I'm not optimistic since the safety nannies have won the day... there is no political will to change anything.

Last edited by JB08; 10-31-2016 at 03:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JB08:
Black 03 Z06 (10-31-2016), corrado (11-02-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 02:14 AM
Brackets
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

And here I thought this was just a B.C. thing. Oddly enough I find driving in Mexico a much more pleasurable experience. At least they respect the "passing lane" and if there is no "passing lane" will often pull to the shoulder (or as far over as possible if there is no shoulder).
Old 11-02-2016, 09:37 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hasn't gotten any better, just worse.
You almost have to use the right lane as the passing lane now.

This is mostly a Toronto thing, driving in the US (at least the Northern US, and even in Italy, they don't sit in the passing lane, and get out of the way when you want to pass.

Here it's, "I'm doing the speed limit, I'll sit in whatever lane I want, F%^& you, I'm not going to let you pass and allow traffic to flow properly" is the motto of 92% of the drivers.
The most frustrating thing when driving!!

Quick Reply: I've had it with left lane ass...bandits