Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.. Anyone driving to or through Chicago anytime soon??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 02:42 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.. Anyone driving to or through Chicago anytime soon??

Was packing my top end for shipping and it freaks me out to ship this thing. Debating on driving down to drop it off for porting.. But thought if ask if anyone happened to be going that way anytime soon. Total weight around 30lbs not very large.

Thxx !
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well if you throw in some Cubbies tickets I could be talked into it.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kidneyboy
Well if you throw in some Cubbies tickets I could be talked into it.
Pm me what you had in mind i will definitely consider it !
Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Shipping

Ship from CBI in Niagara Falls NY ? Fairly cheap from there.I had to ship a large 1:12 scale diecast to the southern USA.Canada Post wanted $63 plus tax.Drove down to CBI & shipped its for $20. just my .02 worth.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:15 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Im heading down to buffalo Thursday to pick up parts and a trans jack etc so that is the plan.. to ship from there since im pretty sure it will be cheaper. Cost isn't really the concern though Im more worried about ill handling and it being lost/stolen. the other thing is Ive started packing it.. and to get over the border Ill get hassled as usual so I will have to undo all packaging and take all the supplies with me and package it there. The joys of having brown skin
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sami85L98
Just use Fedex next day air and insured the right the amount, i think they charge $2 for 100 bucks....just saying. Intake looks badass man.
$2/100... miligrams? FedEx, next day air... that sounds scary !
Old 08-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Im heading down to buffalo Thursday to pick up parts and a trans jack etc so that is the plan.. to ship from there since im pretty sure it will be cheaper. Cost isn't really the concern though Im more worried about ill handling and it being lost/stolen. the other thing is Ive started packing it.. and to get over the border Ill get hassled as usual so I will have to undo all packaging and take all the supplies with me and package it there. The joys of having brown skin
In the past I've left the box open, just in case there are questions.Never had an issue yet. Brought along a roll of tape to close it up after clearing the border.Places like CBI will give you free tape also.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Airwilf
In the past I've left the box open, just in case there are questions.Never had an issue yet. Brought along a roll of tape to close it up after clearing the border.Places like CBI will give you free tape also.
I do the same always. It only helps and Im quite used to it anyways. I have some parts at a ups store so Ill be shipping from there. The owner of that store that Ive know for the past 15+ years retired so Ill be using cbi from now on.
ups quote is $48, cdn $93.

Get notified of new replies

To Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.. Anyone driving to or through Chicago anytime soon??

Quick Reply: Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.. Anyone driving to or through Chicago anytime soon??