Canadian Events Canada, eh?

HDR Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Default HDR Thursday

See y'all at Yorkdale. I'll be there around 8 if anyone feels like coming early.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 PM
infernobuster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Should be there .. after 9 sometime.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:32 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'm in!

See you around 9:27 ish.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:54 PM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Anyone going to plaza del sol first?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Pressman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See you soon Stan.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

it must be nice to go out and cruise around have the night and morning, and not have to go to work the next day, i need to win the lottery.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by walleyejack
it must be nice to go out and cruise around have the night and morning, and not have to go to work the next day, i need to win the lottery.

If that's what you think, you need to come out to an HDR. We all have to get up in the morning and head off to work.

Well folks, what can I say except, I am so sorry. I think we will have to avoid the Lakeshore and the Gardener for the next couple of years. I mean really! Who the hell is the city controller that allowed the city to schedule all these roadworks to happen all at the same time? Just fu****g ridiculous.

If anyone hears me say, "Let's take the Lakeshore", just smack me in the head.

Good to see everyone out tonight. Was a great night for a cruise, and what a great bunch of people to hang out with. And good to see you again Steve (z06cab).

Hopefully see you all on Sunday.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Slacks
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

Hey Vicky .. maybe my mess up of missing Bathurst Street worked out for us in the long run. The Monkey See Monkey Do theory didn't quite pan out for us, as I had Vicky and I over past Shaw Street. For whatever reason I thought we were on Front Street which dead ends at Bathurst. Must of been the thousands of cabs we got behind !!

Not to worry, we may have lucked out in the long run, I had no problem getting on the Gardiner Eastbound after getting back on Bathurst and I suspect Vicky was ok on the Gardiner Westbound after getting the traffic report from Stan.

Another Terrific Outing ... Never a Dull Moment as we all can attest to !!

Bruce
Old 08-01-2014, 09:23 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

No worries Mr Stan, You don't control the traffic, not your fault. But yes, we CAN NOT take that route home anymore, it's brutal, wanted to hang myself!

Walleyejack, I've been up for over 3 hours working already. Sleep is overrated. Wonder what 640 will be talking about today?!?

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a

If that's what you think, you need to come out to an HDR. We all have to get up in the morning and head off to work.

Well folks, what can I say except, I am so sorry. I think we will have to avoid the Lakeshore and the Gardener for the next couple of years. I mean really! Who the hell is the city controller that allowed the city to schedule all these roadworks to happen all at the same time? Just fu****g ridiculous.

If anyone hears me say, "Let's take the Lakeshore", just smack me in the head.

Good to see everyone out tonight. Was a great night for a cruise, and what a great bunch of people to hang out with. And good to see you again Steve (z06cab).

Hopefully see you all on Sunday.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:26 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

lol i been on the move since 6 am, just stop at Timmies and get 5 Espressos in one cup, and will be all set.

Originally Posted by corrado
No worries Mr Stan, You don't control the traffic, not your fault. But yes, we CAN NOT take that route home anymore, it's brutal, wanted to hang myself!

Walleyejack, I've been up for over 3 hours working already. Sleep is overrated. Wonder what 640 will be talking about today?!?
Old 08-01-2014, 09:45 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by walleyejack
lol i been on the move since 6 am, just stop at Timmies and get 5 Espressos in one cup, and will be all set.
HAHHA!! Amen!!

F O R D N A T I O N !!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Damned if we do and damned if we don't. If not getting stuck on the Gardener, we'll get stuck on the 401 if we head north on the DVP. At least this year, they are keeping the DVP free of any roadworks.

We'll get plenty of sleep once our time is up in this realm.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Vicky87Red
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bruce not your fault but was not smooth sailing for me!! I got onto Gardiner and it was a mess! OMG I was ready to jump over the bridge! Took over 45 min to get to Jamieson where I got out, went to King then north on Dufferin! Made it home by 1:30am!!!! Not going that route ever again, Yonge St is way faster!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Slacks
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

Just saw on the news that there was some Caribana related stuff going on last night which probably partly explains the traffic snarls. I lost site of the lead group along King Street which got me into trouble and then to make things worse, I cruised right on by Bathurst Street .

Oh Well .. we all survived .. it adds character !! Maybe it's best to do a double run of Yonge Street with a side trip through Yorkville as Vicky alluded to.

Enjoy the Long Weekend for those we don't see on Sunday ....
Old 08-01-2014, 01:36 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Grrreat stuff gang!

Gee... I'm starting to wonder if I'll get a ride in a Corvette this year.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:15 PM
infernobuster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After the mess of going thru King street and the club area, which was bumper to bumper .. i ended up straight down Bathurst to Lakeshore.

Good night for sure ..
Old 08-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by The Cripp
Grrreat stuff gang!

Gee... I'm starting to wonder if I'll get a ride in a Corvette this year.
Bill, I don't want to come across as a bad guy, but I'm just going to say it straight out.

With remarks like that this one and some you have made in the past, it comes across as if you are trying to guilt those of us that know your situation into giving you rides. I don't think that is your intention but that is how it reads on an online forum like this, and us drivers will be less inclined to offer you a ride.

Maybe if you ask if anyone going on this cruise is able to offer you a ride, people will be more receptive.

But please keep in mind, we are not driving SUV's so room for your chair(s) is an issue for a lot of us. Also, not everyone is coming from your neck of the woods, so getting to you and dropping you at home at the end of the night, may not be convenient.

Take my remarks as you will, but I am not being mean spirited or anything like that. Just commenting on how I think your comments appear to me and maybe others, online.

Stan.

Get notified of new replies

To HDR Thursday

Old 08-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by infernobuster
After the mess of going thru King street and the club area, which was bumper to bumper .. i ended up straight down Bathurst to Lakeshore.

Good night for sure ..
Hey Chris.

I hope it won't keep you away from the next one. We'll go the other way. I promise.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:29 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Bill, I don't want to come across as a bad guy, but I'm just going to say it straight out.

With remarks like that this one and some you have made in the past, it comes across as if you are trying to guilt those of us that know your situation into giving you rides. I don't think that is your intention but that is how it reads on an online forum like this, and us drivers will be less inclined to offer you a ride.

Maybe if you ask if anyone going on this cruise is able to offer you a ride, people will be more receptive.

But please keep in mind, we are not driving SUV's so room for your chair(s) is an issue for a lot of us. Also, not everyone is coming from your neck of the woods, so getting to you and dropping you at home at the end of the night, may not be convenient.

Take my remarks as you will, but I am not being mean spirited or anything like that. Just commenting on how I think your comments appear to me and maybe others, online.

Stan.

Mr. Stan;

I read you loud and clear, but you've touched a raw nerve.

The fact is... that you guys seem to expect VETFEVER will get me to events; Jack can't right now.

I've asked for rides, but haven't had any luck in that department.

"we are not driving SUV's so room for your chair(s) is an issue for a lot of us"

Horsehockey!

My 1972 T-1000 folds up, and can easily fit in any C4, 5, 6... or (hopefully someday) 7.

Five Point Farms mentioned this.

I'm not trying to "guilt" any of you... But Bill looks forward to seeing/riding/meeting/being a part of our Corvette community/ so much all winter, that when he sees summer pizzing away... it upsets him.

I thought we were all about friendship, and helping each other out here. (?)
Old 08-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by The Cripp
Mr. Stan;

I read you loud and clear, but you've touched a raw nerve.

The fact is... that you guys seem to expect VETFEVER will get me to events; Jack can't right now.

I've asked for rides, but haven't had any luck in that department.

"we are not driving SUV's so room for your chair(s) is an issue for a lot of us"

Horsehockey!

My 1972 T-1000 folds up, and can easily fit in any C4, 5, 6... or (hopefully someday) 7.

Five Point Farms mentioned this.

I'm not trying to "guilt" any of you... But Bill looks forward to seeing/riding/meeting/being a part of our Corvette community/ so much all winter, that when he sees summer pizzing away... it upsets him.

I thought we were all about friendship, and helping each other out here. (?)
I'd give you a ride buddy if I were in your neighborhood! Any damn time you wanted one!

Quick Reply: HDR Thursday