Canadian Events Canada, eh?

HDR Thursday

Old 08-01-2014, 05:17 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think I have made it out to one "HDR" this year.
With work traveling and our Thursday night "ADL" Acton Dart League, my Vette has become a garage queen this year. Only gets used on weekends.
Not missing the TO traffic, but missing the never predictable events & great friends of the HDR gang.!

Hopefully I will get out soon.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cripp
Mr. Stan;

I read you loud and clear, but you've touched a raw nerve.

The fact is... that you guys seem to expect VETFEVER will get me to events; Jack can't right now.

I've asked for rides, but haven't had any luck in that department.

"we are not driving SUV's so room for your chair(s) is an issue for a lot of us"

Horsehockey!

My 1972 T-1000 folds up, and can easily fit in any C4, 5, 6... or (hopefully someday) 7.

Five Point Farms mentioned this.

I'm not trying to "guilt" any of you... But Bill looks forward to seeing/riding/meeting/being a part of our Corvette community/ so much all winter, that when he sees summer pizzing away... it upsets him.

I thought we were all about friendship, and helping each other out here. (?)
Well Bill. Judging from the few PM's I've received so far, you have quite a few people willing to give you rides. Just curious why no one but Jack does. BTW, to those that have PM'd me, no need to resort to name calling please.

But in my defense, since no one else has stood up yet (see I'm guilty of doing it myself. ), I can say that in the 8 years that I have been on this forum, I have never seen you post asking for a ride on any of our cruises. Oh there have been plenty of "I wish I could go" or "I wish I could have gone" posts, but that's not the same as asking. That's trying to illicit a response from a driver to offer you a ride. And to me, that's just wrong.

And from someone that has offered you to ride in my Durango twice, since my C6 convertible ( I never said all, just some) does not have the room for your chair (we checked it out one night you, me and another), and having been turned down both times, I can promise you this. I will never again offer you a ride. Yes I am going to be that p***k.

We are a community Bill and I would love to see you out and about. And I have tried to bring us together, along with others on this forum. We are a great bunch of people.

But it's funny how it's the people we never see on a cruise or a gtg that are the most vocal about it. So to everyone that has PM'd me, prove my original post wrong. Step up to the plate and offer Bill rides to cruises. There are plenty on here that happen all summer long. No excuses. Just do it.

ok now, being a drama queen here.
With that said, I deeply apologize to everyone that I have offended. If it turns out that there will be quite a bit of animosity towards me because of this, I understand and will back away from the forum.

Stan.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 08-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Stan. I can imagine the negative comments come from predictable sources. People that we have never seen or met. They have Never organized an event, led a cruise or attended a cruise.
You do far more for this CFCE section of the forum than anyone. Don't let these few non existent heroes spoil your passion and true love of this Corvette hobby and your true friends!!

Last edited by OBSESHON Mark; 08-01-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Nice
Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Well Bill. Judging from the few PM's I've received so far, you have quite a few people willing to give you rides. Just curious why no one but Jack does. BTW, to those that have PM'd me, no need to resort to name calling please.

But in my defense, since no one else has stood up yet (see I'm guilty of doing it myself. ), I can say that in the 8 years that I have been on this forum, I have never seen you post asking for a ride on any of our cruises. Oh there have been plenty of "I wish I could go" or "I wish I could have gone" posts, but that's not the same as asking. That's trying to illicit a response from a driver to offer you a ride. And to me, that's just wrong.

And from someone that has offered you to ride in my Durango twice, since my C6 convertible ( I never said all, just some) does not have the room for your chair (we checked it out one night you, me and another), and having been turned down both times, I can promise you this. I will never again offer you a ride. Yes I am going to be that p***k.

We are a community Bill and I would love to see you out and about. And I have tried to bring us together, along with others on this forum. We are a great bunch of people.

But it's funny how it's the people we never see on a cruise or a gtg that are the most vocal about it. So to everyone that has PM'd me, prove my original post wrong. Step up to the plate and offer Bill rides to cruises. There are plenty on here that happen all summer long. No excuses. Just do it.

ok now, being a drama queen here.
With that said, I deeply apologize to everyone that I have offended. If it turns out that there will be quite a bit of animosity towards me because of this, I understand and will back away from the forum.

Stan.
Hey Stan - Speaking for myself - both your comments and Bill's are fair. I see no need for anyone to feel bad. It's great when someone can step up but it's not easy. Last year I was able to pick up Bill for a ride only because Jennie was willing to bring Bill's chair in her CRV. Not much fun to be following alone in your DD while everyone else is having a good time. I agree the chair could fit into a coupe though - so someone should consider doing it.

And not to make excuses but travelling anywhere in the GTA these days is a real PITA, so Bill you need a west-end connection. In my case, adding the return drive to Brampton stretches a light fun few hour Thursday night cruise to a six or seven hour outing. Bill - Maybe you could arrange someone bring you out to Yorkdale?

Sigh. Toronto's frustrating summer construction and events congestion is really bad this year - but that will pass. It's time an temporary/alternate HDR destination is considered.

Perhaps the HDR should do a run to Brampton! Suggestions Bill?

BTW in case anyone wonders why I've been out lately....
I did finally get my engine, exhaust, clutch and throttle linkages all back together, re-wired a bunch of stuff and surprise it's been running great - better than ever. However, I was giving the car a final prep before a road trip last week and found a front control arm bushing and it's retainer bolt had fallen out. I usually go over checking/tightening all bolts regularly but with all the other stuff missed one, and now I've lost some not readily available items. Damn these streets!

Good news is the parts will arrive and go on next week (with extra Loctite this time) but bummer is now I'm out this Sunday's cruise too.

Just the same, this'll be a helluva busy weekend in the city!
Cruise well and keep it fun, everyone.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:05 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm speechless.

(Well... the few that know me know I'm pretty much "speechless" anyhow)

"Let me say this about that"

I have begged to go to events here in years past, like track days. as an example. Deaf ears when people knew full well they could take me.

A "Handicapped stigma" is their problem; not mine.

Be that as it may, I'm shocked that anyone would send Stan derogatory PMs.

Shame on you!

Nobody has to wipe my azz, or be my nursemaid. My IQ is over 150... I'm not a fool.

I hope Stan can forgive me for any grief this hubbub has caused him.

Last edited by The Cripp; 08-01-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

The problem with communication via texts, emails or iNtrAwEb forums is the lack of tone and facial expressions Bill.

I'm sure none of this 'perceived' nonsense is as bad as anyone is reading it to be. At least I hope it's not.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:41 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'm standing up for my buddy Stan. He does more for us on this forum than probably anybody and I'd love to know who the jerks are sending him nasty messages. I have asked him who, and of course Stan is too nice and too much of a gentleman to say who they are.

I am not surprised in the least though that its always the people who never actually come out that are the first to bad mouth him. More internet cowards! And I'd say that to their faces (if they actually showed up anywhere) Not that I 'd know who they are anyways. Everyone that comes out to the HDRs always has a great time and we all get along, no problems. Why don't they take Bill out on a cruise, rather than call us names when they know nothing about us.

I have taken Bill a couple times and he is for sure a car guy, no doubt about it. He doesn't live near me however and I work alot of hours and it's not practical to go out of my way especially at the end of the night. If that makes me an idiot, so be it. Wonder if I'll get any private messages. Fine if I do. But I am at many GTGs and cruises, so why not tell me in person.
And this is not some sort of threat, I'm 5'6 (and a half), far from intimidating. I just believe in respect and no BS. Everyone I've met on this forum has been awesome. Its only the jerks who never come out that spoil it with their snide comments and BS.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Nothing for me to forgive Bill. It was me that started this hub bub, not you. I was interpreting something you said a certain way, I spoke up, and that's what caused this hub bub, so it's me that needs to apologize to you.

And thanks to the rest for your comments. There are others on here that deserve more praise than I. I just organize cruises and hope everyone enjoys them.

Stan.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
I just organize cruises and hope everyone enjoys them.

Stan.
Stan,

You do more then just organize cruises. You have been a friendly face and very welcoming to all members on the forum. I know I'm not the most popular fellow here but I wish to praise the work effort you put into the community. Keep doing your thing and be yourself.

You're a good guy.

G
Old 08-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Cyber Bullies Suck The Big One.

Stan is a quiet happy giant. I know Stan very well, we have done more cruises together than anyone on this forum. I have only done lead on a few when Stan was not available, Ill tell you IT SUCKS TO LEAD. Always watching your mirrors to see if everyone is still with the group. Waiting on the road side waiting for the slow pokes to catch up...not much fun. Also making the route and calling ahead for reservations, it's a lot of work to run a cruise, and never a peep from Stan about the work involved. So any of you cyber creeps that want to bash Stan The Man you have to bash the rest of us as well. One last thing I am sure the Crip knows Stan for the good guy he is.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Cdn UFO
Cyber Bullies Suck The Big One.

Stan is a quiet happy giant. I know Stan very well, we have done more cruises together than anyone on this forum. I have only done lead on a few when Stan was not available, Ill tell you IT SUCKS TO LEAD. Always watching your mirrors to see if everyone is still with the group. Waiting on the road side waiting for the slow pokes to catch up...not much fun. Also making the route and calling ahead for reservations, it's a lot of work to run a cruise, and never a peep from Stan about the work involved. So any of you cyber creeps that want to bash Stan The Man you have to bash the rest of us as well. One last thing I am sure the Crip knows Stan for the good guy he is.

Amen buddy!!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Slacks
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

A few words from a guy who doesn't typically say too much ... the enjoyment we all experience in having these cars is getting out and about with others who share the same passion. Without Stan's honesty and contribution a lot of us would be driving around by ourselves. He always goes out of his way to ensure that everyone is in included and has a great time.

I am sure I'm not the only one that looks to this forum and says .. I wonder what Stan has planned for us this week / end. He plays a HUGE part in the enjoyment those of us from the GTA area get from these cars.

Again .. Thanks Stan !!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Thanks for the kudos guys, but it's not what I was looking for.

We've strayed quite a bit from my original post. I was making an observation about Bill's comments and calling him on it. It was just how I perceived his posts to be. Nothing malice about it, just wanted to let him know, and it blew up in my face. I should have left well enough alone.

My second post on the other hand was a little more emotional as it was written after I received 3 PM's from members that were a little disappointed with my post and let me know about it with colourful language. I've turned off my PM's for now.

Again, it was not my intention to offend or insult anyone. And I do apologize to Bill and anyone else that I did.

Stan.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:11 AM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
I'm standing up for my buddy Stan. He does more for us on this forum than probably anybody and I'd love to know who the jerks are sending him nasty messages. I have asked him who, and of course Stan is too nice and too much of a gentleman to say who they are.

I am not surprised in the least though that its always the people who never actually come out that are the first to bad mouth him. More internet cowards! And I'd say that to their faces (if they actually showed up anywhere) Not that I 'd know who they are anyways. Everyone that comes out to the HDRs always has a great time and we all get along, no problems. Why don't they take Bill out on a cruise, rather than call us names when they know nothing about us.

I have taken Bill a couple times and he is for sure a car guy, no doubt about it. He doesn't live near me however and I work alot of hours and it's not practical to go out of my way especially at the end of the night. If that makes me an idiot, so be it. Wonder if I'll get any private messages. Fine if I do. But I am at many GTGs and cruises, so why not tell me in person.
And this is not some sort of threat, I'm 5'6 (and a half), far from intimidating. I just believe in respect and no BS. Everyone I've met on this forum has been awesome. Its only the jerks who never come out that spoil it with their snide comments and BS.
STAN THE MAN!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HDR Thursday