Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Canadian pricing for the 2015's

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:48 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Oh I apologize if it was taken that way but I didn't mean the Z06 would be delivered in the fall but allocation was guaranteed for when available. Still...if that Z06 bases out at less than 6 figures I will .... have a heavy night of drinking my sorrow away. Eheh

Reread above and I see how I wrote incorrectly...I meant guaranteed allocation. The hard part is I don't even know if I have that right now. It would be so nice knowing that before pricing comes in and the potential for an order rush occurs.

Last edited by AllFlash; 08-19-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Oh I apologize if it was taken that way but I didn't mean the Z06 would be delivered in the fall but allocation was guaranteed for when available. Still...if that Z06 bases out at less than 6 figures I will .... have a heavy night of drinking my sorrow away. Eheh

Reread above and I see how I wrote incorrectly...I meant guaranteed allocation. The hard part is I don't even know if I have that right now. It would be so nice knowing that before pricing comes in and the potential for an order rush occurs.
The order rush on Z06 occurred on Jan 16th, when it was announced. Most dealers sold more that day than they have been allocated for the entire model year, sadly... I do expect that they are correct in their pricing estimate, I expect 89,995 plus options...
Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 PM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

I'm glad I'm not the only one sitting here frustrated waiting for the 2015 pricing.

Question: Does paying your initial deposit keep your spot in the car manufacturing process even if you don't have a final price?

I paid my deposit on July 5 and am still waiting for the final cost, like everyone else. Is my spot in line guaranteed?

This has probably been asked and answered hundreds of times around here. But being new to this site, I was wondering.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

Originally Posted by CdnVetteOwner
I'm glad I'm not the only one sitting here frustrated waiting for the 2015 pricing.

Question: Does paying your initial deposit keep your spot in the car manufacturing process even if you don't have a final price?

I paid my deposit on July 5 and am still waiting for the final cost, like everyone else. Is my spot in line guaranteed?

This has probably been asked and answered hundreds of times around here. But being new to this site, I was wondering.
I think it should be keeping your spot in line for your dealer's allotment, they hold a spot in line for their orders in production according to the volume of Vettes they sell. If you've paid your deposit and have an order number pricing shouldn't effect whether or not you have a spot in line. That would be my understanding anyway.
Did you get an order number when you placed your deposit to the dealer?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:04 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

No...your spot is not guaranteed. Further, depending on the dealer you ordered it from, there may be other considerations. Even if you have a GM approved order (1100), the dealership can still choose another over you when an allocation comes in. Better yet, if you are at a popular dealership, there may be a back log, or list, they don't tell you about. On the other hand, if you have a dealership without many allocations, they can take your order in hopes of finding that allocation for you. If I am incorrect please someone correct me, however, this seems to be the way it is from what I have quickly learned.

You need to have a trusting dealership that you are comfortable with....

VERY IMPORTANT - GET ORDER NUMBER

Last edited by AllFlash; 08-20-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:05 PM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

Originally Posted by CROOPS34
I think it should be keeping your spot in line for your dealer's allotment, they hold a spot in line for their orders in production according to the volume of Vettes they sell. If you've paid your deposit and have an order number pricing shouldn't effect whether or not you have a spot in line. That would be my understanding anyway.
Did you get an order number when you placed your deposit to the dealer?
No he didn't. But I think I'm going to give him a call and ask for it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:13 PM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

No...your spot is not guaranteed. Further, depending on the dealer you ordered it from, there may be other considerations. Even if you have a GM approved order (1100), the dealership can still choose another over you when an allocation comes in. Better yet, if you are at a popular dealership, there may be a back log, or list, they don't tell you about. On the other hand, if you have a dealership without many allocations, they can take your order in hopes of finding that allocation for you. If I am incorrect please someone correct me, however, this seems to be the way it is from what I have quickly learned.

You need to have a trusting dealership that you are comfortable with....

VERY IMPORTANT - GET ORDER NUMBER
Thanks. I'm looking to get the order number now.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:14 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

No he didn't. But I think I'm going to give him a call and ask for it. Thanks for the reply.
If he won't give you an order number ask him how many cars he has allotment for and what number you are on the list he has taken deposits for. If he refuses to tell you those things I would be a bit worried I might not be getting a garauntee that you would be getting an order in for this model year.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:19 AM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

Another question: there's lots of talk on the general board about GM discounts and Credit Union discounts, etc. I assume none of this applies to Canadian purchases.

Are there any deals here in Canada we can take advantage of that you guys know about?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 11:26 AM
CROOPS34
Instructor

Another question: there's lots of talk on the general board about GM discounts and Credit Union discounts, etc. I assume none of this applies to Canadian purchases.

Are there any deals here in Canada we can take advantage of that you guys know about?

Thanks
Nope.... Canadians get screwed with full price on these puppies.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 AM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

Nope.... Canadians get screwed with full price on these puppies.
That's what I thought. I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Not necessarily so. You are entitled to Military discount on all vehicles, and dependent on your dealer, there may be others such as the infamous 1500 coupon that pops up on the GM site. I have the 500 coupon from that site. My dealer also tells me I will be entitled to GM loyalty or something similar having a newer model non GM vehicle. You need to hunt down the deals and see if your dealer will accept them.

As for anything less than MSRP good lucky...just be lucky if you get a Vette I'm Canada this year as they have cut the allocation to Canada from what I was told after my contact attended the weekly meeting in Oshawa yesterday.

This year the demand will be much higher than supply in Canada by all indications.

Last edited by AllFlash; 08-21-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:13 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

You only get "screwed" IF you pay full price.....dealer then makes 8_11% on you.....so why would you??? Think- $100,000 car and you handed them 10 grand. Why? Better to wait
Old 08-21-2014, 01:43 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Waiting is a choice some make unwisely. Many if us elect to buy the car when first release. I am sure that we don't consider this getting screwed at all, but rather paying the premium to be the first. Look at it the other way. Lesser allocation means losing a great opportunity. Conversely if you want a pre-built Vette that Is sitting in a showroom at years end...Feel free. That is something we call choice.

Last edited by AllFlash; 08-21-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:10 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

I don't see how buying the second model year is wanting to be one of the first... And there are none sitting in any showrooms right now not to mention if you did find one it would almost certainly be something you are "settling for" since it's a very small chance anywhere would have exactly what you want sitting around at the end of the year. If I'm buying a car that is going to cost me $75k or more, it better be EXACTLY what I want or am willing to pay for. As for military discounts, that's such a small percentage of the population I don't really consider it relevant. Not that those who are eligible for the discount are irrelevant, just that what gm is willing to discount in comparison to the states it think it is irrelevant.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:15 PM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

Waiting is a choice some make unwisely. Many if us elect to buy the car when first release. I am sure that we don't consider this getting screwed at all, but rather paying the premium to be the first. Look at it the other way. Lesser allocation means losing a great opportunity. Conversely if you want a pre-built Vette that Is sitting in a showroom at years end...Feel free. That is something we call choice.
Here in Calgary, Corvettes found in showrooms are almost unheard of. Any shipments to dealers are snapped up in a day or 2. Dealers will keep one Vette in the showroom for display purposes, but theres nothing in the lot to buy. That includes year end 2014 models. There aren't any here in town.

If you want a Vette, you have to order one or have a dealer call you when they get a few in that aren't already sold. As for getting a deal on it, it's basically a take it or leave it proposition. If you don't take it at their price, the next guy will. They bend very little.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM
CdnVetteOwner
Advanced

Last note: Even if you pay full price, the Corvette still the best value for money than any of it's competitors.

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian pricing for the 2015's

Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

Last note: Even if you pay full price, the Corvette still the best value for money than any of it's competitors.
I would agree with that if I actually knew how much one cost...
Old 08-21-2014, 02:52 PM
chelseavette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i guess as on now with no price, they are free. lol
Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 PM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

As for anything less than MSRP good lucky...just be lucky if you get a Vette I'm Canada this year as they have cut the allocation to Canada from what I was told after my contact attended the weekly meeting in Oshawa yesterday.
I don't know who your contact is, but I find it hard to believe that Canada's allocations would be cut. This car sells very well here in this country, maybe not in the volume as the U.S. but we hold our own.

I would agree with that if I actually knew how much one cost...
Originally Posted by chelseavette
i guess as on now with no price, they are free. lol

Quick Reply: Canadian pricing for the 2015's