Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Canadian Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Black0ut
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Canadian Performance Parts

Are there any shops in Canada that I can order performance parts from so that I don't have to order through the US and deal with customs and absolutely ridiculous customs/duty charges?

So in other words, where are the fellow Canadians ordering their parts from?

Something like a Canadian equivalent to Jegs, Summit, West Coast Corvette, ECS... Texas Speed.... etc.

Specifically I'm looking for some place to order a Callaway Honker for an 03 Z...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:03 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I think Manny at DaSilva's can order what you need Corvette wise. I know he brings a lot of parts in from the US. The added benefit of course is his knowledge of Corvette's and what works.

Only other thoughts would be Performance Improvements, head office in Etobicoke with branches in Ontario and Quebec. Champion Motorsports is another Corvette expert and a forum supporter and although I have not used them they do seem to have a great following on here.

Not sure you can ever get away from customs and taxes bringing in parts. The government really does want to ride along with you.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I bought parts from JBs PowerCentre in Calgary/Edmonton. Free shipping over $100 and no pst - excellent prices as well. James from Northern Corvettes is a great guy to deal with as well. Buying at a local dealership is fine but i would always go to GM Parts Direct and see their pricing stateside to get an idea of where to start for local pricing. Quite often GM PD sells parts for less than our Cdn dealers can buy them for from GM - that frustrates the dealers to no end.

Last edited by gdh; 07-29-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:27 AM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Try Rob at Champion Motors in Toronto.
He often has good stuff in stock and work is top notch.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:21 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Black0ut
Are there any shops in Canada that I can order performance parts from so that I don't have to order through the US and deal with customs and absolutely ridiculous customs/duty charges?

Something like a Canadian equivalent to Jegs, Summit, West Coast Corvette, ECS... Texas Speed.... etc.

Specifically I'm looking for some place to order a Callaway Honker for an 03 Z...
Well if you buy from Perf. Improvements, none of that above, just ridiculous pricing.........so NO to Perf. ripoffs!!

Last edited by RedZ4me; 07-29-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-2014, 12:25 PM
YBNORMEL
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

If you can get the US seller to send by US post that will save you on the crazy brokerage fees.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:00 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 847 Likes on 723 Posts

You're just dealing with the wrong US companies. You always pay the tax, that is a given and you can't avoid it.

But the customs fees? That's just UPS charging you for bringing it across the border because the company that shipped it didn't do the proper paperwork.

Places like Jegs, Summit, Rock Auto, Corvette Central etc all do it correctly for you.

Unfortunately, Rock Auto almost always ships multiple items all separately so the combined shipping costs are bad.

Heck, I'm just looking to order some stereo equipment from Sonic Electronix. They simply have stuff Canadian stores don't. $26 to ship a head unit and they claim to collect the taxes so there are no extra fees when UPS arrives.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM
1z062nv
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Well if you buy from Perf. Improvements, none of that above, just ridiculous pricing.........so NO to Perf. ripoffs!!

Manny has got good pricing compared to US counter parts
Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianVetster
Try Rob at Champion Motors in Toronto.
He often has good stuff in stock and work is top notch.

Good option with lots of instock parts at great prices.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Black0ut

Worth a call to Dasilva Motorsports ... ask for Manny... I no he has headers - exhaust - wheel and tire combinations ... Sure he can fix you up on what your looking for...

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian Performance Parts

Quick Reply: Canadian Performance Parts