Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Corvette Central - Free shipping to Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:35 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Default Corvette Central - Free shipping to Canada?

Wonder what ever happened to it? Last year their first one was Valentines Day then I think there was one at Easter and maybe Fathers Day?
Now nothing....
I have my list ready but am not waiting much longer.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:39 AM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

the only offers of late is 10% off on $200 or more.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:51 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

They just had one that expired June 10th. I missed it as I was away. I still get their emails. Maybe check your spam or junk folder as sometimes legitimate emails go there.

Hopefully there will be another one soon!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:56 AM
KLUTZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
They just had one that expired June 10th. I missed it as I was away. I still get their emails. Maybe check your spam or junk folder as sometimes legitimate emails go there.

Hopefully there will be another one soon!

That was for their 10% off. I keep my eyes open as well and have seen none for what seems close to a year. Always USA free shipping. I'm going to give my list to James at Northern Corvette in Niagara..
Old 06-14-2014, 10:33 AM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I will do free shipping for you guys on orders of $200 or more this month, excluding oversized freight orders obviously. I use corvette america because of past issues with central. Most items are the same, if it has to be from central I can accommodate if needed. Let me know what you guys need. Thanks
Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Alberta_Z06
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
Wonder what ever happened to it? Last year their first one was Valentines Day then I think there was one at Easter and maybe Fathers Day?
Now nothing....
I have my list ready but am not waiting much longer.
Seeing that you're in Trail, have you ever considered the Montana Shipping House? They specifically specialize in receiving shipments for Canadian's so you can take advantage of the lower 48 free shipping. It's so slick!! You get notification as soon as your order arrives, they catalog it and store it away for you.
They have a location in Eureka, so a nice little 4.5 hour drive to potentially save decently if you load up. They will receive vehicles too...

I use their Sweetgrass location all of the time and trust them completely. Their rates are dead cheap!! Last winter I had about $10,000.00 worth of parts sitting there (full exhaust, heads, wheels, tires, etc) for about 1.5 months and my fee was like $50.00 bucks. Everything was free shipping within the lower 48, so I had it all sent there and probably saved about 500-800 bucks given the robbery that takes place as soon as you mention shipping to Canada.
Best part, if everything is US made, you pay tax at the border and it's all yours....no duties or other BS import fees.

A very legit and professional outfit. Their warehouse is completely full of Canadian orders and on the weekend it is just a steady stream of folks traveling into the US for a 10 minute pit stop.

http://www.montanashipping.com/
Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 AM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Alberta_Z06
Seeing that you're in Trail, have you ever considered the Montana Shipping House? They specifically specialize in receiving shipments for Canadian's so you can take advantage of the lower 48 free shipping. It's so slick!! You get notification as soon as your order arrives, they catalog it and store it away for you.
They have a location in Eureka, so a nice little 4.5 hour drive to potentially save decently if you load up. They will receive vehicles too...

I use their Sweetgrass location all of the time and trust them completely. Their rates are dead cheap!! Last winter I had about $10,000.00 worth of parts sitting there (full exhaust, heads, wheels, tires, etc) for about 1.5 months and my fee was like $50.00 bucks. Everything was free shipping within the lower 48, so I had it all sent there and probably saved about 500-800 bucks given the robbery that takes place as soon as you mention shipping to Canada.
Best part, if everything is US made, you pay tax at the border and it's all yours....no duties or other BS import fees.

A very legit and professional outfit. Their warehouse is completely full of Canadian orders and on the weekend it is just a steady stream of folks traveling into the US for a 10 minute pit stop.

http://www.montanashipping.com/
I think the "shipping to Canada" failure might be my fault. I have a "few" Corvettes and my order on their last deal was just over 110 items including big stuff like full welded C3 one piece exhaust, a couple of bumpers, steering boxes and some heavy things like wheels and other stuff. There were over 20 deliveries and I would bet the UPS shipping was almost the parts cost.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 06-17-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:45 AM
JJvette73
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
They just had one that expired June 10th. I missed it as I was away. I still get their emails. Maybe check your spam or junk folder as sometimes legitimate emails go there. Hopefully there will be another one soon!
Just made this one in time!!
Ordered my new carpet set and a few odds and ends on the 9th....they were at my front door on Friday!!!
It was actually my wife who told me about the free shipping deal! She's apparently on their email list! Woohoo!!
J
Old 06-17-2014, 11:35 AM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JJvette73
Just made this one in time!!
Ordered my new carpet set and a few odds and ends on the 9th....they were at my front door on Friday!!!
It was actually my wife who told me about the free shipping deal! She's apparently on their email list! Woohoo!!
J
The free shipping is for the US only. It's 10% off for Canada which doesn't come close to covering UPS shipping....
You might want to read the fine print or check the bill.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 06-17-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Alberta_Z06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
I think the "shipping to Canada" failure might be my fault. I have a "few" Corvettes and my order on their last deal was just over 110 items including big stuff like full welded C3 one piece exhaust, a couple of bumpers, steering boxes and some heavy things like wheels and other stuff. There were over 20 deliveries and I would bet the UPS shipping was almost the parts cost.
That's a perfect type of order for that shipping house. I had a set of heads, full exhaust, camshaft, wheels and tires, tires for a 68, headers, intake, brake rotors, and whatever other odd and end I could tack on. I purchased from 6 or 7 different companies and literally everything was free shipping or close enough to free. It was all there within 2 weeks. I got notification for every receipt and they just stash it away waiting for you to come and claim your toys.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Alberta_Z06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette
I will do free shipping for you guys on orders of $200 or more this month, excluding oversized freight orders obviously. I use corvette america because of past issues with central. Most items are the same, if it has to be from central I can accommodate if needed. Let me know what you guys need. Thanks
Meant to ask in my previous post, do you have a website of your product offerings? Or are you just sourcing from said companies and importing it? Thanks!

Tried the northerncorvette.com but it doesn't go anywhere. When I Google it, is shows that the domain is available for purchase.

Last edited by Alberta_Z06; 06-17-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:01 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberta_Z06
Meant to ask in my previous post, do you have a website of your product offerings? Or are you just sourcing from said companies and importing it? Thanks!

Tried the northerncorvette.com but it doesn't go anywhere. When I Google it, is shows that the domain is available for purchase.
Go daddy messed my website up, so I'm having it rebuilt with another provider. I have all years parts used, and lots of new. If I don't have it, I order most new stuff from Corvette America and import it and ship from Canada so no duty or border hassles.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette
Go daddy messed my website up, so I'm having it rebuilt with another provider. I have all years parts used, and lots of new. If I don't have it, I order most new stuff from Corvette America and import it and ship from Canada so no duty or border hassles.
James, I dropped you an email Saturday, re spreader bar and core returns.

Dodosmike

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Central - Free shipping to Canada?

Quick Reply: Corvette Central - Free shipping to Canada?