When selling your corvette ... * rant on *

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 PM
infernobuster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default When selling your corvette ... * rant on *

Need to vent a little bit .. sorry.

Sold my vette and looking for another one now. While ive been looking online high and low for another one, it seems some people try to pull stupid **** on you.

1. Tell me the car was in a small fender bender, mm okay sure. Get the VIN and look over the car fax. HOLY ****! $35000 dollars damage .. thats no small fender bender.

2. Another tells me its a Canadian car through and through, and hes owned it since day 1. Actually show up, and the dash is all in miles. groan.

3. For the LOVE of gawd, if your selling your car spend an hour or 2 cleaning it. And dont tell me it will clean right up, AFTER i buy it. One car had the cream coloured interior, and i swear he wore construction boots/gear in it daily and kicked the door open with his boots.

Sigh .. * rant over *

Signed .. still looking for a corvette .. lmao.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I feel your pain, the problem I see is the sellers believe that the potential buyers are a few fries short of a happy meal, just like the seller is a few bricks short of a load. It doesn't matter to them that we come to find out that they're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

In the end, they don't care about wasting your time, all they care about is that they sell the car for top dollar and it's like spam, maybe someone will bite.

Sorry........rant over!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So easy now for someone to take a few photos & send to you - before you spend your time driving out to see a dud.
If they are too lazy to send - or afraid maybe of what they might show - you will have saved yourself a lot of grief.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,501 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by sami85L98

GL and consider buying from US.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 PM
infernobuster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, been looking in the US as well.

The currency exchange is the only downfall.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:08 PM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by infernobuster
2. Another tells me its a Canadian car through and through, and hes owned it since day 1. Actually show up, and the dash is all in miles. groan.
FYI My Canadian car has MPH.
But then again, it was born before KPH was brought into the country. lol.

Are you asking these guys to provide the "used car kit" before you look at the car, it tells everything about the cars history.

I made the guy get it for me before I gave him a dime when I got mine.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:35 PM
optiman
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm a seller, trying to sell my 79. Tired of the low ball offers, before you even see the car! How much will you take?? Can't you read the ad?
Old 06-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Monte04ss
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, I was a seller of a highly modded car, since early April. Happy to report she sold on fathers day weekend to a great guy. The low ball offers, Paypal scams, promises of returned phone calls, no shows for viewing, low ball offers, 1 Million pics request, did i memtion low ball offers Guess I don't have the patience for all the BS that goes along with it.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte04ss
I agree, I was a seller of a highly modded car, since early April. Happy to report she sold on fathers day weekend to a great guy. The low ball offers, Paypal scams, promises of returned phone calls, no shows for viewing, low ball offers, 1 Million pics request, did i memtion low ball offers Guess I don't have the patience for all the BS that goes along with it.
You know, as a dealer, I absolutely feel your pain. It is my every day... ;-)

Congrats to those that find good homes for their cars, and best of luck to those still trying!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by 74Ken
Are you asking these guys to provide the "used car kit" before you look at the car, it tells everything about the cars history.
In Ontario, a private seller must provide the used car sellers package by law. I don't believe dealers have to provide any similar info.

Originally Posted by TOVetteFan
You know, as a dealer, I absolutely feel your pain. It is my every day... ;-)
Sadly, my experience with dealers on new cars is that they remove window stickers and then give you a price that is above the MSRP of the exactly same optioned vehicle as looked-up on the manufacturers web site. Then they bitch and moan when you call them on it and make them an offer in the other direction. Fair is fair and they started the negotiations with the "high ball" offer.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 AM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
In Ontario, a private seller must provide the used car sellers package by law. I don't believe dealers have to provide any similar info.

Sadly, my experience with dealers on new cars is that they remove window stickers and then give you a price that is above the MSRP of the exactly same optioned vehicle as looked-up on the manufacturers web site. Then they bitch and moan when you call them on it and make them an offer in the other direction. Fair is fair and they started the negotiations with the "high ball" offer.
If you buy a new car, they have to provide you with the window sticker by law.
"used car sellers package"? Get real....
Buy from someone who has a bit of integrity...
Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lionelhutz

then your dealer sucks... sorry to hear that...

For used cars, dealers are obliged to provide the CarProof report on the car with any sale. Dealers are required to disclose any repair to the vehicle in excess of $3000 that they are aware of, or have a reasonable suspiscion of having been done. In fact, dealers are EXPECTED(note this is not required) to disclose any information that they might possess that might materially influence a buying decision on the car, and should they fail to do so, can be held liable by OMVIC. Dealers are also required to provide a copy of the originial vehicle disclosure as signed by the previous owner of the vehicle.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Boombastic
Instructor

What kind of Vette are you looking for?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:44 AM
RWspinning
Instructor

Feel your pain. Not buying a vette but same ordeal!

Ps monte04ss your avatar is of my previous car. That is a pic i took when i was selling the car. A forum member currently owns it!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Monte04ss
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RWspinning
Feel your pain. Not buying a vette but same ordeal!

Ps monte04ss your avatar is of my previous car. That is a pic i took when i was selling the car. A forum member currently owns it!
Too funny Monte04ss is the owner from this forum...updated avatar with the roof painted now. Thanks for a good transaction.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 AM
C6SUMMER
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

then your dealer sucks... sorry to hear that...

For used cars, dealers are obliged to provide the CarProof report on the car with any sale. Dealers are required to disclose any repair to the vehicle in excess of $3000 that they are aware of, or have a reasonable suspiscion of having been done. In fact, dealers are EXPECTED(note this is not required) to disclose any information that they might possess that might materially influence a buying decision on the car, and should they fail to do so, can be held liable by OMVIC. Dealers are also required to provide a copy of the originial vehicle disclosure as signed by the previous owner of the vehicle.
The vehicle disclosure and 2.00 will get you a coffee at Tim Hortons. Not worth the paper it's written on. As for the CarProof, I never got one when I purchased my Lincoln from Markville Ford /Lincoln. Nor did they disclose the previous accident damages that the car had sustained. As for OMVIC just another useless agency disguised to to help the public but does SFA for them.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:08 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C6SUMMER
The vehicle disclosure and 2.00 will get you a coffee at Tim Hortons. Not worth the paper it's written on. As for the CarProof, I never got one when I purchased my Lincoln from Markville Ford /Lincoln. Nor did they disclose the previous accident damages that the car had sustained. As for OMVIC just another useless agency disguised to to help the public but does SFA for them.
Sorry to hear that, but OMVIC has helped many individuals who were misled by their dealers, although not all of them. Certainly situations like you have described are within their purview, and they love to climb on dealers for stuff like that, in my experience... Not sure when you got your Lincoln, but if recently, they are required to provide the CarProof, from what I know...

Car still looks good, by the way...

Get notified of new replies

To When selling your corvette ... * rant on *

Old 06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
C6SUMMER
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that, but OMVIC has helped many individuals who were misled by their dealers, although not all of them. Certainly situations like you have described are within their purview, and they love to climb on dealers for stuff like that, in my experience... Not sure when you got your Lincoln, but if recently, they are required to provide the CarProof, from what I know...

Car still looks good, by the way...
I got the 2006 Lincoln (in 2006), so no it's not recent. I don't even have it anymore... LOL Basically the best and only way these days is to take the car to someone you trust to have it inspected. Unfortunately I expected Markville to be a reputable "New Car Dealer". Fortunately I was able to negotiate an acceptable outcome for my situation. As for the Vette... Yea still love it though the C7-ZO6 is in my sights Darryl
Old 06-30-2014, 12:38 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C6SUMMER
I got the 2006 Lincoln (in 2006), so no it's not recent. I don't even have it anymore... LOL Basically the best and only way these days is to take the car to someone you trust to have it inspected. Unfortunately I expected Markville to be a reputable "New Car Dealer". Fortunately I was able to negotiate an acceptable outcome for my situation. As for the Vette... Yea still love it though the C7-ZO6 is in my sights Darryl

I can tell you that OMVIC is far more empowered now than they were then, and a lot more aggressive in support of consumers.

Hopefully, those types of situations are less common now than in the past...

That C7Z is one sick machine, for sure.... If I can ever be of assistance, let me know..
Old 07-03-2014, 07:40 PM
RWspinning
Instructor

haha that totally flew past my head. I didnt know u had a monte before. Enjoy brother....

Ive been going through withdrawls lately... Miss driving around with that corsa exhaust humming.... This acura and its VTEC isnt cutting it!! haha

Originally Posted by Monte04ss
Too funny Monte04ss is the owner from this forum...updated avatar with the roof painted now. Thanks for a good transaction.

Quick Reply: When selling your corvette ... * rant on *