Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Sunday July 13 - Wills Family GM Heritage Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:17 AM
SarahWills
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunday July 13 - Wills Family GM Heritage Car Show

Hi everyone! We're just 2 months away from our GM show at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum! 9280 Airport Rd., Mount Hope (beside the Hamilton airport)

Sunday, July 13 from 9am-2pm

208 registered! and spots are filling QUICKLY!

While there is no maximum number of attendees we can have, the first 300 to register receive a goody-bag and a t-shirt! 92 spots left on the pre-registration list to guarantee these items!

Admission is free for the vehicle driver and one passenger. Goody bags and t-shirts will be provided to the first 300 registrants. T-shirts will be available at one per registrant.

*While our show is free, donations to the museum are greatly appreciated! There will be a donation box located at the registration tables. General admission prices are still in effect for the general public attending the museum.

We will be using the East Cargo Rd entrance to reduce traffic congestion. This will give participants the chance to make use of the entire length of the roadway without interfering with the operation and traffic entering the airport terminal. Please take note the gates will not be open before 9.

There will be two registration tables: one for pre-registered, and one for cruise-ins. You will receive your door prize tickets at the registration table.

Breakfast and BBQ lunch will be available for purchase. There will be a 50/50 draw, door prizes throughout the day, music, and photo opportunities. The B25 Mitchell and Fairey Firefly will be set up for photos!

The Lancaster and Douglas C-47 Dakota will be in the Hanger on the day of the event and will be open for tours for a nominal fee!

A feature for this year's show will be the opportunity to participate in a flight in one of the museum's aircraft on the day of the event!

More information on flights and costs for specific aircraft can be found at www.warplane.com

Pre-booking of flights can be arranged via the website. Flights can also be booked on the day of the show. There are plans to put up single-engine aircraft, as well as the Beechcraft Expeditor.

Email or call to register! All I need is your first/last name and vehicle info.
sarahwills@willschevrolet.com
905-309-3356 x227
Old 05-23-2014, 11:21 AM
FordPrefect
Advanced

This show was just amazing last year, lots of great cars, almost 500, and the chance to tour the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, all for free.

The Wills family deserves a lot of credit for putting on this event, here are some pics from last year.

Looking forward to meeting everyone again this year.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
This show was just amazing last year, lots of great cars, almost 500, and the chance to tour the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, all for free.

The Wills family deserves a lot of credit for putting on this event, here are some pics from last year.
They did a fantastic job last year. Glad I went with a whole group. We had a blast.

But FYI, the museum and the hangar will not be available to us this year. We overwhelmed the group last year with all the cars that showed up. From a safety and insurance POV, I can understand not wanting cars into the hangar like last year, so it will be closed for this years show.

Keep in mind that's its the Wills Chev dealership that is hosting the show and not the museum. The museum will be open and we can buy tickets to view it. Support this great venue.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 AM
SarahWills
7th Gear

Oops! Hope I didn't cause any confusion. The museum is most definitely open for touring as you have free access to it with your registration for the show :-) They are just not allowing parking in there this year due to liability and all the show car parking will be on the tarmac - but everything otherwise is open!!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Awesome Sarah.

I must have misread that email you sent out. Thanks for that clarification.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:08 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Great show last year and was fun to have parked in the hangar but understand the insurance issues.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Mr & Mrs. Wills & daughter just happened to be sitting at a table across from us at our favorite little Italian restaurant this evening.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:22 PM
SarahWills
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Airwilf
Mr & Mrs. Wills & daughter just happened to be sitting at a table across from us at our favorite little Italian restaurant this evening.
It's our favourite place, too!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM
FordPrefect
Advanced

Spill the beans please, where is it? My favorite little Italian would love to go there.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 PM
SarahWills
7th Gear

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
Spill the beans please, where is it? My favorite little Italian would love to go there.
Cibo in Grimsby... it's the best!
http://ciboosteria.com/

It's fantastic in the summer, they have a great patio and make the most delicious stone oven pizzas...
Old 05-30-2014, 03:31 PM
SarahWills
7th Gear

I've been waiting to post this for the past few days, but was waiting until we got confirmation~giving you even more reason to come to our show on Sunday, July 13!!!

Very excited to announce this year that there will be a charity raffle at our show for a chance to win a 2014 STINGRAY Z51 (Torch Red!) for the Coping Bereavement Support Groups in Ontario! There will be a tent set up with the Corvette on the day. Stay tuned for details :-)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Ttt
Old 07-12-2014, 08:11 PM
-=ICE=-
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm planning to attend with my little guy ... but won't be there for the opening of it.

Get notified of new replies

To Sunday July 13 - Wills Family GM Heritage Car Show

Quick Reply: Sunday July 13 - Wills Family GM Heritage Car Show