Canadian Events Canada, eh?

A6 c6 Ls3 aftermarket cam with stock converter

Old 04-19-2014, 02:08 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A6 c6 Ls3 aftermarket cam with stock converter

Hi guys,

I'm turning to you folks for help. I'm trying to understand how modifying cam options can be in use with a stock converter.

My vehicle application will be used in stop and go traffic with the use of light throttle to WOT.

My concern is from what I was reading is that by modifying the torque converter to a higher stall that it causes a lot if heat in stop and go traffic (ex. Downtown Toronto).

Besides changing the camshaft what options are suggested for heads? Since the heads come off for the cam shaft installation in assuming it would be easy to put the new heads on as well. What have you done with your application? What results have you seen? If you could do it again / would you change anything?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:10 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut
Hi guys,

I'm turning to you folks for help. I'm trying to understand how modifying cam options can be in use with a stock converter.

My vehicle application will be used in stop and go traffic with the use of light throttle to WOT.

My concern is from what I was reading is that by modifying the torque converter to a higher stall that it causes a lot if heat in stop and go traffic (ex. Downtown Toronto).

Besides changing the camshaft what options are suggested for heads? Since the heads come off for the cam shaft installation in assuming it would be easy to put the new heads on as well. What have you done with your application? What results have you seen? If you could do it again / would you change anything?
No need to remove heads for camshaft change.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Sof86
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could address the heat issue with a auxiliary transmission cooler. That's how my car is setup and I have a toggle switch to turn the fan on it on/off whenever I need to. If you intend on keeping the stock converter you shouldn't go too big on the cam.

If your doing a mild build you don't really need to touch the heads, they already flow nice from the factory. What are your goals HP wise?

Get notified of new replies

To A6 c6 Ls3 aftermarket cam with stock converter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A6 c6 Ls3 aftermarket cam with stock converter