TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffer
can you come to alberta and be the alberta salesman for just a day

bet you would sell a lot of them in a day,

just a thought

Jeffer2013
Thanks, I appreciate it, although I am sure there are some good ones out there already.

I have sold cars to Alberta before, actually got at least one in every province in Canada except PEI...

Last edited by TOVetteFan; 03-27-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-28-2014, 11:14 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Next time don't wait.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Devil
I think this was all part of GM's plan, new model, get people excited then slam them with a hefty price increase.
I agree typical company Greed. The US price increase for the 2015 C7 is $1000,00. I assume the price increase in Canada being $3,360 for Z51 and Convertible means we have more money to spend.

Last edited by Crusin; 08-13-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 PM
frankmp
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TOVetteFan
DIDN'T care about Canadians wanting the C6. They priced the car so outrageously relevant to US pricing that it convinced many Canadians to buy American cars from brokers, etc. That is now coming home to roost,
I am happy to report that I was part getting GM roosted..... not that they give a rats behind
Old 08-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by frankmp
I am happy to report that I was part getting GM roosted..... not that they give a rats behind
Unfortunately Canada is only a small market and sells only 3 % of the Corvettes, thus the US considers we aren't that important to them as far as profit goes. Thus because of the high demand for the C7 they are increasing the price for Candians by $3,360 for the Z51 pkg ( the most popular)and convertible. Canadians get it again up the you know what. Have a good one.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by themonk
Next time don't wait.
Waiting sometimes is a good thing, giving GM time to work out the kinks and correcting mistakes, which occur in any new car being introduced to the public. It seems natural that GM would increase the price due to the heavy demand for the C7. I think I will be content with my old gal and wait to see what occurs down the road. Happy motoring.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:08 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crusin
I agree typical company Greed. The US price increase for the 2015 C7 is $1000,00. I assume the price increase in Canada being $3,360 for Z51 and Convertible means we have more money to spend.
Geez, this is embarrassing... I was out of touch for 2 days, and suddenly, we are talking like the pricing has come out, but I can't find it anywhere...

Also, please note that the price increase in the US WAS NOT $1000 on Z51, it was $2000, because the performance exhaust was included, as it is here...
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Oh, wait, I see, it is not my mistake... Crusin, the price increase you are quoting was the mid year price increase on Z51 coupe and convertibles. It was, for comparison, a $3200 increase in the US on the same models, although the US did it a month before we did.... No procing has been released for Canada for 2015 at this time, although I expect it any day...
Old 08-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by -=ICE=-
the sad part is GM doesn't care about Canadians wanting the C7.
Canada is a small market for Corvettes and sells only 3% of amount GM sells. Thus they don't make a lot of profit on volume here so GM just raises the price to $3,360 on 2015 Z51 (most popular) and convertibles. I was considering ordering a 2015 but think I will wait a bit to see if there is going to be any big issues with the C7 down the road. Haste makes waste so will wait. Happy Motoring.

Last edited by Crusin; 08-15-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Canada is a small market for Corvettes and sells only 3% of amount GM sells. Thus they don't make a lot of profit on volume here so GM just raises the price to $3,360 on 2015 Z51 (most popular) and convertibles. I was considering ordering a 2015 but think I will wait a bit to see if there is going to be any big issues with the C7 down the road. Haste makes waste so will wait. Happy Motoring.
GM DID NOT announce any such price increase on 2015 Z51 cars. This was the mid year increase on 2014 models, and was virtually identical to that announced in the US...

Haste might make waste, this is sometimes true, but in cars, it is equally true that wait makes price increase, actually.. ;-)

I have always loved the saying, and paraphrased it here before:

Even the poorest man can earn more money, but even the richest cannot buy more time.... For those that don't get it, I hope you never have cause to appreciate its' truth...
Old 08-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Crusin
Instructor

GM DID NOT announce any such price increase on 2015 Z51 cars. This was the mid year increase on 2014 models, and was virtually identical to that announced in the US...

Haste might make waste, this is sometimes true, but in cars, it is equally true that wait makes price increase, actually.. ;-)

I have always loved the saying, and paraphrased it here before:

Even the poorest man can earn more money, but even the richest cannot buy more time.... For those that don't get it, I hope you never have cause to appreciate its' truth...
I get it. You are so right a rich man can not buy more time and in this case waiting may cost one more but it may be worth the cost. With all the hype about the C7 those who wanted one went to their dealer and ordered quickly and saved some money but as in everything products are improved in time. I like the 8 speed Automatic for the 2015 C7 which wasn't available for 2014. In any case there is far more important things in live to fret about. Happy motoring.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:33 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

I get it. You are so right a rich man can not buy more time and in this case waiting may cost one more but it may be worth the cost. With all the hype about the C7 those who wanted one went to their dealer and ordered quickly and saved some money but as in everything products are improved in time. I like the 8 speed Automatic for the 2015 C7 which wasn't available for 2014. In any case there is far more important things in live to fret about. Happy motoring.
I think your dilemma is what is referred to as "A First World Problem"

Old 08-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Crusin
Instructor

I think your dilemma is what is referred to as "A First World Problem"

No dilemma here. I like driving my 1990 ZR-1 during the summer months but I do like the new 2014 C7 for different reasons as well. I am not in a hurry so will make my decision down the road. Have a nice day.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 PM
ZOHSIC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems to me like the current price increases are just the reverse of what we saw in 2007 when the CAD dollar rose above par to the U.S. dollar. Automakers were slow to adjust CAD pricing, the public was screaming.....

Now, since Jan of this year, take a look at what the CAD Dollar has done vs. USD and it will continue all the way to Dec, at some point they need to price that into the new cars. When they do, they don't "keep" increasing it as the exchange rate keeps moving.....

If you're saving money buy used and/or import one if you have to like we all did back in 2007-2009.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZOHSIC
It seems to me like the current price increases are just the reverse of what we saw in 2007 when the CAD dollar rose above par to the U.S. dollar. Automakers were slow to adjust CAD pricing, the public was screaming.....

Now, since Jan of this year, take a look at what the CAD Dollar has done vs. USD and it will continue all the way to Dec, at some point they need to price that into the new cars. When they do, they don't "keep" increasing it as the exchange rate keeps moving.....

If you're saving money buy used and/or import one if you have to like we all did back in 2007-2009.
I agree. It seems when ever our dollar is equal to the American dollar we don't see that much difference in purchasing power but when it is lower (which is most of the time) we see the difference. I am in no hurry to purchase a C7 as I am content to drive my 1990 ZR-1 for the summer months. But when I do decide to buy I am glad I waited, may cost a little more now but I like the 8 sp. automatic for the 2015 model which the 2014 doesn't have. Have a good one!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:10 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

I agree. It seems when ever our dollar is equal to the American dollar we don't see that much difference in purchasing power but when it is lower (which is most of the time) we see the difference. I am in no hurry to purchase a C7 as I am content to drive my 1990 ZR-1 for the summer months. But when I do decide to buy I am glad I waited, may cost a little more now but I like the 8 sp. automatic for the 2015 model which the 2014 doesn't have. Have a good one!
Based on wanting the 8 speed, the decision to wait was certainly the right one. The difference in price between ordering a 2014 this time last year, and having it to drive this summer, and ordering a 2015 now and having it to drive next summer is probably $5-7K, depending on the features you want. This is significant but if it gets you what you want, that is what is important.

Now you just need to make sure you don't miss ordering a 2015!

Old 08-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Based on wanting the 8 speed, the decision to wait was certainly the right one. The difference in price between ordering a 2014 this time last year, and having it to drive this summer, and ordering a 2015 now and having it to drive next summer is probably $5-7K, depending on the features you want. This is significant but if it gets you what you want, that is what is important.

Now you just need to make sure you don't miss ordering a 2015!

TOVETTEFAN you are certainly right that $ 5 - 6 K is significant more to spend on a car one year newer, depending on the options ordered. If I order a 2015 it will probably be the last new car I purchase so I would suck up the extra cost and be glad I got what I wanted. CHEERS!

Quick Reply: C7 Price Increase for Canada