Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Used C6 Pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:45 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slickpete83
yes, prices on c6 auto corvettes still suck in Canada , still +$30K according to autotader , they have one for $24K buts its got 150Km and its a 2005

maybe as we head into spring there will be more vettes on the market with lower prices
Hmmm, with spring we will see lower prices...? Good luck with that...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:42 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

OP sorry about the hijack. I am looking C6 as well but will try hard to get something local. I think the C7 will knock down the prices but you might have to wait (and I don't think i can ) Seems like a harsh time to be buying from the south.

Originally Posted by sami85L98
3 vettes are enough, my problem is i dont like stock and get bored easily, keep changing some stuff all the time for which i dont even need it.....but i love this White Z06 so much dont think i will ever get rid of not of soon at least....in couple years may be.
Sami since you are keeping her have you considered body mods? I can't see what you have changed from your pic (if anything) but I know I was seriously looking at wheel flares to run big rubber. Like these.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-up-my-c5.html

Would have been a nice combo with a cf heat extractor hood, and you can still restore it to stock later if you want. Allows for gigantic rubber.
Check out L5. Cheap! http://lewisfivemotorsports.com/
Attached Images   

Last edited by nuck; 03-29-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Dik
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 Prices

The question is; are the C6 selling for the asking price? Are sellers asking for a high price and settling for way less cash? We will never know. Nobody will admit they took a haircut. But I think lots of Vette sellers drop way below the "asking" price.

The way I see it; I think there are very few people that have decided they will buy only a Corvette but these "Corvette" people are more willing to pay a price close to the sellers number. This is the best deal for both parties. Also I think there are many more people who are looking to buy any kind of a performance car as long as they feel they are getting a fantastic deal or worse, they need to screw the seller. I'm sure you have met one of those types.

I have been watching the C6 prices for a couple of years now. I had my car posted last year but my asking price was too high. Way too high .... I had one nibble with a low-ball offer but I stuck to my number and drove the car for another year.

I'm going to advertise in a couple of weeks and it will be in the ~$26k range for my high-miler (~135,000km) 2006 VY convertible. If it doesn't sell I hope/plan to trade it next spring for a newer Corvette. Sherwood Park Chevrolet will likely be my first stop in the process. They have been calling me pretty regularly and will gladly take my 2006 on trade whenever I'm ready.

Cr@p. Now that the C7 prices have been revised (upward) trading for a new Canadian C7 is probably out of reach for me now.

BTW. If the CAN/US exchange was better I would not hesitate to purchase another American car.

Dick
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Highway Dancer
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dik
The question is; are the C6 selling for the asking price? Are sellers asking for a high price and settling for way less cash? We will never know. Nobody will admit they took a haircut. But I think lots of Vette sellers drop way below the "asking" price.

The way I see it; I think there are very few people that have decided they will buy only a Corvette but these "Corvette" people are more willing to pay a price close to the sellers number. This is the best deal for both parties. Also I think there are many more people who are looking to buy any kind of a performance car as long as they feel they are getting a fantastic deal or worse, they need to screw the seller. I'm sure you have met one of those types.

I have been watching the C6 prices for a couple of years now. I had my car posted last year but my asking price was too high. Way too high .... I had one nibble with a low-ball offer but I stuck to my number and drove the car for another year.

I'm going to advertise in a couple of weeks and it will be in the ~$26k range for my high-miler (~135,000km) 2006 VY convertible. If it doesn't sell I hope/plan to trade it next spring for a newer Corvette. Sherwood Park Chevrolet will likely be my first stop in the process. They have been calling me pretty regularly and will gladly take my 2006 on trade whenever I'm ready.

Cr@p. Now that the C7 prices have been revised (upward) trading for a new Canadian C7 is probably out of reach for me now.

BTW. If the CAN/US exchange was better I would not hesitate to purchase another American car.

Dick
Dollar up at .915 at one point today thanks to the Libs defeating the separatist scum in Quebec.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

Already seeing more Canadian C6s on the market with decent prices than just a few weeks ago. The slow supply and dealer squeeze on C7s are going to delay a big drop, and if I recall how the C6 intro hit the C5, the drop won't last all that long before most of the bargains are gone, but as a buyer it looks like time for me to get busy.

Dik I would really try to move yours privately and now if I were you. There will be a ton of C6s trade ins on the lots by the time the prices relax a bit on the C7s and you could really get greased on your trade in. Once you have moved it yourself, you will have the whole country to shop for the best cash no-trade deal on a C7, and can bargain with a dealer who isn't sitting on a bunch of C6s already, and has maybe bit off more C7s than they have buyers for. The dealers are going to grind us for the next year until that spike of used Vettes are through their system, so you will be paying a premium for first year model run quality. Not that I am not salivating over a new Z51 myself, but that is the reality of being among first ones in on the new "thing."
Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Dik
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good Advice

Hey Nuck.

Hold that thought!

Yeah, I have to get my butt in gear and post my car, possibly this weekend. I like the trade-in option for the W.A.F. (wife appreciation factor) I might take a punch on a trade but the lower cash difference on a new(er) car will appear to be a good deal to the "Minister of Finances".

Looking forward to seeing you on the road this spring. You're in Sturgeon County IIRC?

Dick

Quick Reply: Used C6 Pricing.