Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Corvettes of Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Corvettes of Carlisle

Anyone putting anything togeather for the annual Pennsylvannia tour this year???
Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

I am going this year ***** - there are a couple of "off forum" people who I know want to go...
Old 03-11-2014, 06:12 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been talking getting the bug in...I'm going for sure - with 5 more confirmed ... Going down on the Thursday ...
Old 03-11-2014, 02:36 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

OK emailed down today and am trying to get some rooms set up at the Sheraton again for this year----I will keep you posted on my progress!! Sure seems a long-long way away from this frosty tundra!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:55 PM
JPEAK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
OK emailed down today and am trying to get some rooms set up at the Sheraton again for this year----I will keep you posted on my progress!! Sure seems a long-long way away from this frosty tundra!!!
Already booked a couple of rooms in Harrisburg Super 8 for $70/room/night. Close to Rubie Tuesday and beer outlet. LOL
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JPEAK
Already booked a couple of rooms in Harrisburg Super 8 for $70/room/night. Close to Rubie Tuesday and beer outlet. LOL
More money for beer...
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
08C6
Drifting

Booked at the Best western in Carlisle !!!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Baby Blue
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
I am going this year ***** - there are a couple of "off forum" people who I know want to go...
Are you talking about me Jack ?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Baby Blue
Are you talking about me Jack ?

Naw - if I was talking about you I would have said PAUL!!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Did everyone like the Sheraton?? Want me to shop around?? It is usually $200/night--but they have a special parking for us indoor/outdoor pool?? Suggestions would be apprieciated!!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Slacks
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi *****, although last year was my first time at Carlisle, I thought the Sheraton was an ideal spot. It's easy to get to, great accommodations at the hotel, lot's of "safe" parking and the small mall across the way offers a place to buy any incidentals. Personally, I don't see how you can beat it.

Had last years receipt hanging around, I paid $129.00 per night

Myself and Slack's Jr. are looking forward to where ever we find ourselves.

Thx as always for organizing things !!

Bruce

Last edited by Slacks; 03-16-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Slacks
Racer

Hey *****, not sure if you have any actual numbers yet so I just contacted the Sheraton in Harrisburg to find out what a group rate might look like for Aug 22 / 23 2014. The Call Center said someone would contact me within 24 hours.

I'll report back in after I speak with them, looking back to last year's posting, looks like a minimum of 10 people are required to secure the lower rate.

Let's see what they come back to me with and then we can go from there.

I don't want to step on any toes but thought there is no harm in getting some rates so people could factor that into the picture. Hope that's ok.

Bruce
Old 03-16-2014, 09:36 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Gonna keep watch here...

Originally Posted by Slacks
Hey *****, not sure if you have any actual numbers yet so I just contacted the Sheraton in Harrisburg to find out what a group rate might look like for Aug 22 / 23 2014. The Call Center said someone would contact me within 24 hours.

I'll report back in after I speak with them, looking back to last year's posting, looks like a minimum of 10 people are required to secure the lower rate.

Let's see what they come back to me with and then we can go from there.

I don't want to step on any toes but thought there is no harm in getting some rates so people could factor that into the picture. Hope that's ok.

Bruce
Old 03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Slacks
Racer

Hi Everyone, I have been exchanging e-mails with the folks at Sheraton, Harrisburg and they have offered pretty well the same deal as last year which was $ 134.00 per night plus tax for a Double Room - 1 room 2 double beds sort of thing.

It's a booking for 10 rooms each night so I am imagining we must reserve the 10 by a certain date or all bets are off but I'm pretty confident that getting to 10 won't be a problem.

I'll go ahead and ask her to proceed, whereby I'm guessing she will provide me the "link" to the exclusive booking page and we'll wait to see how it goes throughout the summer. If I remember correctly the cutoff date was Aug 2 last year.

Hey ***** - Figure I might as well continue on since she has put us down as "Canadian Corvette Forum" which was the same as last year when some fine fellow set it up.

I'll update the post once I get the magic link ...

Take Care

Bruce
Old 03-19-2014, 06:08 AM
08C6
Drifting

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Did everyone like the Sheraton?? Want me to shop around?? It is usually $200/night--but they have a special parking for us indoor/outdoor pool?? Suggestions would be apprieciated!!
Best Western in Carlisle........$155 a night........Outdoor pool only - Continental breakfast included...Right beside Big Hoss restaurant...Stayed there 2 years in a row...Just saying...
Old 03-19-2014, 06:18 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Hi Everyone, I have been exchanging e-mails with the folks at Sheraton, Harrisburg and they have offered pretty well the same deal as last year which was $ 134.00 per night plus tax for a Double Room - 1 room 2 double beds sort of thing.

It's a booking for 10 rooms each night so I am imagining we must reserve the 10 by a certain date or all bets are off but I'm pretty confident that getting to 10 won't be a problem.

I'll go ahead and ask her to proceed, whereby I'm guessing she will provide me the "link" to the exclusive booking page and we'll wait to see how it goes throughout the summer. If I remember correctly the cutoff date was Aug 2 last year.

Hey ***** - Figure I might as well continue on since she has put us down as "Canadian Corvette Forum" which was the same as last year when some fine fellow set it up.

I'll update the post once I get the magic link ...

Take Care

Bruce
Hey Bruce---I am totally good with that--I have been trying to email them with little success---as long as we have rooms--and they do tolerate us in the parking lot at night etc---Great leg work--Thanx for setting up!!! Once we get the number I will be booking!!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Just received an email from the Sheraton in Harrisburg---I apologized for the confusion and told them that Bruce would be the contact for the rooms. So now---we just need for them to firm up then we can all post and get rooms at the Sheraton---they always make sure we have gated parking and a hose and pails to wash the cars with--and we all know the area now so it is the odd's on favourite for staying at. Their usual price is $220.00 per night---so the group price is a real savings--maybe I can buy some chains for my Snowblower tires??? Opppssss--wrong season!!!! Hehehehehehe!!! Then again Harbour Freight Tools is just across the bridge!!! Is it summer yet!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes of Carlisle

Old 03-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Slacks
Racer

Quick Update, received the contract today, just e-mailing back the signed copy tomorrow and then they will provide me with the links.

I'll explain the details more when I post the links but in short we have a block of 10 rooms for Friday night and 10 rooms for Saturday. The price of $134.00 plus tax is good up until Aug 1 , 2014. If we need more rooms before the cutoff day, it will be discussed with Sheraton and if available we should be good. If we don't fill all 10 rooms by cutoff date of Aug 1, 2014 no problem, the rooms just go back to the Hotel.

I'll post the links as soon as I get them .... along with a 1-800 number if you choose to call in.

Bruce
Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Quick Update, received the contract today, just e-mailing back the signed copy tomorrow and then they will provide me with the links.

I'll explain the details more when I post the links but in short we have a block of 10 rooms for Friday night and 10 rooms for Saturday. The price of $134.00 plus tax is good up until Aug 1 , 2014. If we need more rooms before the cutoff day, it will be discussed with Sheraton and if available we should be good. If we don't fill all 10 rooms by cutoff date of Aug 1, 2014 no problem, the rooms just go back to the Hotel.

I'll post the links as soon as I get them .... along with a 1-800 number if you choose to call in.

Bruce
Great leg work Bruce!! I look forward to booking again this year!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:53 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

What are the dates for all the events this year? Im feeling like going !

Quick Reply: Corvettes of Carlisle