Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Woodward dream cruise 2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:15 AM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Like I always say "its the people that make these a real adventure!!" Great crew this year and some fun times!!! I will start to set up next year --was everyone happy with the hotel and Valvoline Quick Lube location for viewing?? Should be lots of pictures posted--everyone took a ton!!!

Thanks for doing a great job pulling this together, I know it is a lot of work! It was another terrific weekend! Hotel is very nice and Valvoline parking is also excellent. My suggestions for possible future improvements: Book the entire parking lot so we don't have to get up so early, have each person pay a bit more and have our own port-a-potty in the back of the Valvoline lot (this came from the ladies in my group)? I'm thinking about going to check this out on the Saturday am in the future http://corvettereunionatbacktothebricks.com/
Not sure why they do it on the same weekend as Woodward.
You can put me down for 3 rooms for next year!
Thanks again for all your efforts Wild One!

Dave
Old 08-18-2014, 11:37 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Default '65 Corvette Convertible Stolen at Dream Cruise

Damn! Somebody's Dream Cruise has turned into a nightmare.

Just saw this notice in the C1/C2 forum.
'65 Corvette Convertible stolen from right off Woodward, in Birmingham. Someone else posted that this happened two years ago to a guy with a 66 Corvette. In fact, he looked it up and Corvettes were stolen at Woodward Cruise 2009, 2010 and 2014. Each time the owners left the car only for a few minutes.

So sad.....
News story:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakl...ham-restaurant
Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulUptime

Damn! Somebody's Dream Cruise has turned into a nightmare.

Just saw this notice in the C1/C2 forum.
'65 Corvette Convertible stolen from right off Woodward, in Birmingham. Someone else posted that this happened two years ago to a guy with a 66 Corvette. In fact, he looked it up and Corvettes were stolen at Woodward Cruise 2009, 2010 and 2014. Each time the owners left the car only for a few minutes.

So sad.....
Sad to hear but given the 100's of thousands of vintage cars it is not surprising and statistically low. That being said stats are of no comfort if yours happens to be the one stolen.

Great pics, haven't been in about 13 yrs.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:46 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by luvchevs

Thanks for doing a great job pulling this together, I know it is a lot of work! It was another terrific weekend! Hotel is very nice and Valvoline parking is also excellent. My suggestions for possible future improvements: Book the entire parking lot so we don't have to get up so early, have each person pay a bit more and have our own port-a-potty in the back of the Valvoline lot (this came from the ladies in my group)? I'm thinking about going to check this out on the Saturday am in the future http://corvettereunionatbacktothebricks.com/
Not sure why they do it on the same weekend as Woodward.
You can put me down for 3 rooms for next year!
Thanks again for all your efforts Wild One!

Dave
Yes my wife was one of the ones that said a Port-a-potty was needed--they are usually only about $150 per day---let me talk to the Tee shirt guy (who we rent the lot from) and see if we cannot get something set up for next year---suggestions and input is always apprieciated!!! thanx for reminding me Dave!!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Rich Farr
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Thanks *****!

Jan and I had a wonderful time. Really appreciate your arranging the hotel.

Rich Farr
Old 08-18-2014, 08:54 PM
RDBVETTE
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Thanks *****

Once again we had a great time. This year having a better understanding of the area, we visited old Woodward and saw an amazing array of cars. This is a must see area. Next we ventured south to Duggan's for lunch and we got a table in just ten minutes. What a great party and the band was great not to mention the beer!

So many thanks to ***** for arranging the weekend. It was great!! The hotel is in a great location and the courtyard is ideal for after hours GTG! The Valvoline place is ideal and the shade tree and tents make it an perfect viewing spot. Thanks to tent suppliers.

Woodward is a great weekend and we really enjoyed the drive to Detroit, the cruising and most of all the people. We're waiting for next year.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Vicky87Red
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RDBVETTE
Once again we had a great time. This year having a better understanding of the area, we visited old Woodward and saw an amazing array of cars. This is a must see area. Next we ventured south to Duggan's for lunch and we got a table in just ten minutes. What a great party and the band was great not to mention the beer!

So many thanks to ***** for arranging the weekend. It was great!! The hotel is in a great location and the courtyard is ideal for after hours GTG! The Valvoline place is ideal and the shade tree and tents make it an perfect viewing spot. Thanks to tent suppliers.

Woodward is a great weekend and we really enjoyed the drive to Detroit, the cruising and most of all the people. We're waiting for next year.
Agree with all the above comments!
***** you always do a great job setting up this weekend. Glad Sylvia made it too! THANK YOU *****!!!
Had a great time and enjoyed the company of all the great people over the weekend. I love this trip!!! I'm in for next year!

BTW, Jimmy John was always open for restroom with no harassment.

My computer is down, will post my pictures as soon as I can.

Vicky
Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM
kruzzzn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Thx

Originally Posted by rich farr
jan and i had a wonderful time. Really appreciate your arranging the hotel.

Rich farr
thx *****

from the lake country corvette club
Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 PM
RDBVETTE
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Old Woodward Street

This is just a few of the cars on display. This is a must see area if you attend the event.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:46 PM
KLUTZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to get a shot of the crowd as well but must have found a quiet spot...

Old 08-19-2014, 10:29 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Unbelievable pics, wow. Nice to read that you all had such a fantastic time and the weather co operated. Looking fwd to seeing more pics.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:23 PM
kruzzzn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-20-2014, 07:00 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Thanks for organizing the hotel and being the tour guide *****.

It was a great weekend. I did 60+ miles of cruising on Saturday and drove the whole length of Woodward on Friday too.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Thanks for organizing the hotel and being the tour guide *****.

It was a great weekend. I did 60+ miles of cruising on Saturday and drove the whole length of Woodward on Friday too.
Hey Peter---glad you and Jen could make it on the tour down!! Always a great time with this crew!!!!

Quick Reply: Woodward dream cruise 2014