Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Federal performance welcomes Louis Kalantzis and his 9 second C5 corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok both cars are very fast and both you guys are right.Hahahahahahahaha.Mine is the best looking though...Lol.Toronto and Montreal each have a vette that has gone 8 seconds.Thats mighty impressive.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:22 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
WOW!! That is a seriously impressive ET/MPH for a street car!!

Sounds like the "king" is perilously close to being dethroned!!

In all fun.....sadly the king has no car...so I don't see how a king with no castle is a king....I am currently the king and the one to beat...
Old 10-14-2014, 10:27 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Louis, you can change your sig to say fastest C5 in Canada. For starters that car Arun had doesn't exist anymore. Secondly, I clearly remember when he won that king of the street the times posted up were 8.90, unless he run faster at some other time.

At the moment you have the crown, in conjunction with Federal..........and I suppose we have to give some kudos to George and MGR too, although I don't want his head to grow any bigger.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...treet-tmp.html
Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 AM
0Dasilvamotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Louis, you can change your sig to say fastest C5 in Canada. For starters that car Arun had doesn't exist anymore. Secondly, I clearly remember when he won that king of the street the times posted up were 8.90, unless he run faster at some other time.

At the moment you have the crown, in conjunction with Federal..........and I suppose we have to give some kudos to George and MGR too, although I don't want his head to grow any bigger.

Easy big guy , nobody said that that it not a a great accomplishment for us Canadians
Old 10-15-2014, 08:42 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Dasilvamotorsports
Easy big guy , nobody said that that it not a a great accomplishment for us Canadians
Manny, It is a great accomplishment. All I am saying is just as you have had the title in your sig for the past few years, Louis, should enjoy having it in his, whether it be for a week or a year to come. At this moment, it is his.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:43 AM
0Dasilvamotorsports
Former Vendor

Manny, It is a great accomplishment. All I am saying is just as you have had the title in your sig for the past few years, Louis, should enjoy having it in his, whether it be for a week or a year to come. At this moment, it is his.
Agreed
Old 10-16-2014, 03:03 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Default slip and vid

don't hate for the open headlights.....wanted them open to help pull in cold air during burnout....dropped them when I staged

Old 10-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Viperslyr
Advanced

Nice pass but Aruns record still holds as the fastest c5 this is just one pass we'res the second one to back it up you need 2 passes back to back for a record. Arun ran 5 back to back passes in the 8's in the hot air with minimal to no cool down period the car would have ran even faster in this cool fall air. Even tho the car doesn't exist anymore a record is a record, people have records and just cause they die don't mean the records don't exist anymore so that's a B.S statement
Old 10-16-2014, 05:13 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Viperslyr
Nice pass but Aruns record still holds as the fastest c5 this is just one pass we'res the second one to back it up you need 2 passes back to back for a record. Arun ran 5 back to back passes in the 8's in the hot air with minimal to no cool down period the car would have ran even faster in this cool fall air. Even tho the car doesn't exist anymore a record is a record, people have records and just cause they die don't mean the records don't exist anymore so that's a B.S statement
You want to call my statement BS that's your choice. Yet to see a faster time slip than 8.82. Just cause you say it doesn't prove it happened.

To add, I said fastest in Canada now, not fastest in history.
Have a great day.

Last edited by realcanuk; 10-16-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Viperslyr
Advanced

You want to call my statement BS that's your choice. Yet to see a faster time slip than 8.82. Just cause you say it doesn't prove it happened.

To add, I said fastest in Canada now, not fastest in history.
Have a great day.
Weres the second pass, ya need back to back passes for a record and I like to add you can put the sig as - The fastest One time wonder in canada not a record holder
Old 10-16-2014, 05:23 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Weres the second pass, ya need back to back passes for a record and I like to add you can put the sig as - The fastest One time wonder in canada not a record holder
LOL. Ok Boss.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:09 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

for all the haters!!!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Viperslyr
Advanced

Originally Posted by c5mtl
for all the haters!!!
Just don't state something that's not true and to say street it was on a 275 pro that's not a true DOT tire aruns was on a true DOT drag radial
Old 10-16-2014, 06:32 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Just don't state something that's not true and to say street it was on a 275 pro that's not a true DOT tire aruns was on a true DOT drag radial

where is the slip... dasilva was supposed to post it
I have never seen an 8.80 slip... seen lots of others
Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. Ok Boss.
realcanuk...your to polite, dont waste your time whit those who have negative comments , they have their opinions good or bad,,still Louis as the slip,,,I know I dont,,, wish I had .............one like that...
Old 10-16-2014, 08:35 PM
0Pete@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c5mtl
Car ran 8.82@156
I think that is a canadian c5 record at least for a street class car with a ysi....crazy thing is the blower pipe blew off just before the end...for sure it cost me a couple of mph....car has a solid 8.6 pass in it

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588027177
Congrats on your record run guys!!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:41 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete@ChampionMotors
Congrats on your record run guys!!
Pete...the mph on your 6speed c5 is incredible not to mention the baby shifting ....imagine that car was a pg or a4... Wow.....and thx for the words

Get notified of new replies

To Federal performance welcomes Louis Kalantzis and his 9 second C5 corvette!

Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Why is the 275 not dot?? The rules say it is

Albeit legal in the red-hot X275 category, the lack of a DOT stamp on the ET Street Radial Pro precluded its use in sanctioning bodies that require a true DOT-approved radial tire.

That all changed this week however, when Mickey Thompson Motorsports Manager Tom Kundrik proudly announced that the revolutionary new tire has received the thumbs up following an extensive DOT approval process. The new tire has pushed the envelope in regards to the form and function of a radial tire with a more slick-meets-radial design, but nevertheless, Kundrik and the entire team at Mickey Thompson were rewarded for their tireless (no pun intended) efforts to gain the seal of approval on their new baby.

With the DOT-approved stamp now on the ET Street Radial Pro, the door opens up to possibilities in other sanctions outside of X275. In particular, the NMRA and NMCA require a DOT-stamped tire, which now could potentially open the door to its use in the 275 Drag Radial classes in both sanctions.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Viperslyr
Advanced

Originally Posted by sami85L98
Louis, first congrats man what you have accomplished its a great for us canadians, however as other members already said you have to back to back 8.8 sec runs......and bashing a person who have worked on your car endlessly to help you out couple years ago its just not right.

Somebody built your car, but Arun built his own not bought big difference and did achieved a 8 sec street a true street absolutely no bull all on his own, inspite of how busy he is in his real life and achieving 8 sec in street trim i think he is still a king.

just before his car stolen, he was about to make 8.5 sec street car and probably 8 sec flat on race trim platform, too bad car gone a wrong time......remember all on his own with heavy busy life schedule.

Louis i have few pictures posting here, your car was at his place and i stayed with him until past midnight after working countless hours on your car finding why low oil pressure at operating temperature, we knew you possibly had a bearing issue but still want to make sure whether its oil pickup tube is wrong because you have LS2 oil pan or just oil pump issue, i stayed with him because Arun was so tired and still want to continue working on your car,......after all this help, i think bashing him........is just not fare.

And most importantly even though he was fastest he never turned down others......and above all still others call him to ask about technical aspects, still his products sold by other vendors and how can you forget his famous JAM Cam.......lol.

Perfectly said ! And 100% built not bought
Old 10-16-2014, 09:42 PM
c5mtl
Drifting

Originally Posted by sami85L98
I am not here to argue, not good at that, just thought post some thoughts about the guy who has been so helpfull and getting bashed.......at least he done on his own without other shops help......now thats great accomplishment.

I read a sticker somewhere " i built mine you bought yours".

However i am not bashing you, but rather still happy for your achievement, good job man you were determined and came a long way, much respect for the people like you. My car wont hold a candle against you but i enjoy driving everyday in summer, and beating those stangs....now beamers....lol.
Sami

Where did I mention aruns name?? I have not used his name....I never got him involved in this conversation but since YOU started this let me add my 2cents...both of you put work on my car but and got paid for it...I know nobody wanted to screw me all but all I recevied was a junk motor that had no oil pressure but Arun didn't build that motor...somebody else built it for him....so who should I blame for that...how many thousands of dollars was I out..How about all the money I paid for possible fixes that turned out to be expensive hopes of fixing something that just wasn't built right....who is gonna refund me for thoses thousands ?? Situation sucked but at the end of the day it cost me thousands ...you say you thought I had a bad bearing...why didn't the engine builder step up and deal with it...the motor didn't even have 500km on it
I have a long relationship with Arun and still have respect for him and what he has done..yes he is always willing to help..I can't take that away from him.....
I sincerely like the guy I just think my car ended up being a problem that he couldn't handle at that time in his life.
As far as his car going flat 8 in race trim I really don't see how that possible ...at this level we are always in race trim....my car would have gone 8.65 easy if the blower pipe didn't pop off and crack the hood. Could have ,should have ,maybe that's all unless talk....I can go on for a long time but I won't!!

Last edited by c5mtl; 10-16-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Federal performance welcomes Louis Kalantzis and his 9 second C5 corvette!