Canadian Events Canada, eh?

C6 will not start

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 PM
FireRoc
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sami85L98
Glad it worked for you, i never put the gear in reverse sometime in neutral with emergency brakes pulled sometime in any gear...may be i am lucky or battery is too good. I use Interstate battery 640 CCA.

If you still have battery drain than pm me your number i walk you thru how to check parasitic draw test, all you need is DVOM meter and small plier and 4" plastic clamp and start checking fuses. connect meter in amp mode and when connected across B+ and B- should read less than 50ma if more than that you have draw somewhere, start pulling fuses, when you pulled a particular fuse and amp reading less than 50ma you have that draw follow that fuse (ckt) some switch must be ON.....
For 2005 Corvettes, you HAVE to put it in reverse to shut down the car. It was a one year thing and was mandated by the NHTSA. GM got it changed for 2006 and on. NHTSA would not let GM re-flash the 2005s to take this out.

It drives me nuts!!! The number of times I have picked up my car from the shop (including GM dealers) and found that it has not been put in reverse. This means everything is still on, and in one case, I barely got the car started.

The car evens chimes and displays a message on the DIC to put it into reverse.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fireroc: appreciate the info on this particular year of car to put the gear in reverse...i thought its applicable to all manual cars, thanks for clearing up awesome.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

did you say Canadian Tire battery?... if so i'd toss it and buy another brand, there is a alternator/starter shop in my town who will not warranty his work if the car has a CTC battery in it, do a load test on the old battery after it is recharged to rule that out 1st....just sayin'

Last edited by vt65; 09-22-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: C6 will not start