Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Need advice on installing Alpine head unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM
MSTRBLUE
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need advice on installing Alpine head unit

Hi Guys, just looking for some advice/recommendations.

I have Alpine unit wih nav and bluetooth and was looking around for an installer. I called a couple of places like Peel Radio and Ultra Sound. Looks like about $500 to $600 to install this unit. Does that sound right?

I have done some reading and research in the Audio forum and watched a number of video and was contemplating trying the install myself. I know what stuff i need, I just don't know if the degree of difficulty out weighs the cost of have this done professionally.

I know FutureShop will be a bit cheaper but a bit concerned with going to them. Does anyone know any shop that would be a bit more reasonable. Thanks guys.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:04 PM
MSTRBLUE
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I am just replacing the original unit. But still need to add the harness, bezel, and antenna adapter. If that is what you mean by a simple swap then yes that is what I am doing. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:25 PM
FUSW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and the blue tooth mic, steering wheel controls harness, and flashing the deck so it is compatible... I know I just had mine installed at HI-FI Center in Whitby. Christian is top notch and tons of experience, not sure about the price as it was all in the package. I got a top of the line Alpine, installed and including the bezels, harness etc for $1080.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:36 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by FUSW
...and the blue tooth mic, steering wheel controls harness, and flashing the deck so it is compatible... I know I just had mine installed at HI-FI Center in Whitby. Christian is top notch and tons of experience, not sure about the price as it was all in the package. I got a top of the line Alpine, installed and including the bezels, harness etc for $1080.
Which deck did you get?
Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

$500-600 is rediculous don't pay that. Take ultra auto sounds price and divide by 4. That's pretty much what you should be paying. Everything they sell divide by 4.

Get notified of new replies

To Need advice on installing Alpine head unit

Quick Reply: Need advice on installing Alpine head unit