Canadian Events Canada, eh?

La Paloma Thursday nights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Mike Jung
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default La Paloma Thursday nights?

Does Thursday nights at La Paloma still happen?

Heads-up because I just saw this...

Originally Posted by Ertefa
Who is ready for ertefaaaaaa?!?!

Ok before I say when and where we will have the meets we need to remind everyone of the rules! Because we are not the owner of the land at the places we set our meets we need to be respectful to the land owners and tenants of the land and especially to their customers. Be respectful and if they request/ask you to move your car you better move it because it will only cause trouble for all of us. Lets start another fun/safe summer and enjoy our Thursday nights. Ertefa is for all of you to come out and enjoy so take ownership and be a part of our community. Help us and lets prevent anything bad happening at this location.

Don't speed in the parking lot. There are lots of people walking around its dangerous and you could hurt some one and you can hurt yourself!

Keep in mind POLICE WILL BE PRESENT AT THE MEETS JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Well I can see the Ferrari/Lambo/Fiat/Alfa crowd won't be to thrilled to see this in the same lot. I know I wouldn't be if they decided to show up by our spot at Yorkdale Thursday nights.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Well I can see the Ferrari/Lambo/Fiat/Alfa crowd won't be to thrilled to see this in the same lot. I know I wouldn't be if they decided to show up by our spot at Yorkdale Thursday nights.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Wow, that is NOT cool. They have been using the Paloma parking lot for the Italian car meet for years on Thursday nights. I know car people are car people, but this is 2 totally different crowds, cars and demographics.

They should get a different venue or change their night.

Anyone know what Ertefa stands for or means anyways?!?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 260 Posts

I thought the 'good' cars went there on Friday nights. ERTEFA lost their location at the AMC theatre thanks to the immature ya-hoos as usual so I guess this is there new hangout.

Again, not sure if the days are joined but regardless, I bet the ricers will ruin it for the exotics.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
I thought the 'good' cars went there on Friday nights. ERTEFA lost their location at the AMC theatre thanks to the immature ya-hoos as usual so I guess this is there new hangout.

Again, not sure if the days are joined but regardless, I bet the ricers will ruin it for the exotics.
Thursday nights is Italian Exotics night at La Paloma. ERTEFA probably chose this site as Thursday night at La Paloma is an established night that gets the crowds out for the exotics, and it's a site that they know allows large car gatherings. At least, it allowed it until now. ERTEFA track record isn't that great and I'm sure they'll get the boot again. As will the other car groups that go there unfortunately and that's the part that sucks.

The ERTEFA org is not the baddie though. I have to give them some credit as they do try to put on a good show. Unfortunately, they attract the wrong crowd that likes to show off by doing burnouts, driving really fast and just being irresponsible.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 05-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:38 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 260 Posts

Thursday nights is Italian Exotics night at La Paloma. ERTEFA probably chose this site as Thursday night at La Paloma is an established night that gets the crowds out for the exotics, and it's a site that they know allows large car gatherings. At least, it allowed it until now. ERTEFA track record isn't that great and I'm sure they'll get the boot again. As will the other car groups that go there unfortunately and that's the part that sucks.

The ERTEFA org is not the baddie though. I have to give them some credit as they do try to put on a good show. Unfortunately, they attract the wrong crowd that likes to show off by doing burnouts, driving really fast and just being irresponsible.
Fully agree, some nice cars and lots of energy.....certainly not boring.....and I admit it, love the modern music instead of elvis/beatles all day at most car shows

Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 PM
kingdady
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ertefa means "stance" in either farsi or arabic...

Took me forever to find out when one meet I asked the guys who hold it what it ment..

i didnt even know how to say it till recently..

Errr teffff ah
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Fully agree, some nice cars and lots of energy.....certainly not boring.....and I admit it, love the modern music instead of elvis/beatles all day at most car shows

Yeah, that 50's stuff is way out of date. But if I was spinning tunes I'm sure I'd come up with some more modern stuff, and based on the cars there...
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

True, they do try to keep it organized, but there's just WAYYYY too many cars, some of them are actually nicely done, but most are beat-up civics with fart pipes. All it takes is one idiot and the heat will be all over it. It's a guarantee there will be at LEAST one idiot...

I also agree on the music, really tired of the oldie crap, and I actually love the 50s, just so overdone.

Still think they should find another venue, or at least a different night.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Mike Jung
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ertefa
ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!

ERTEFA IS CANCELLED

Because of our big size and the number of cars and people attend the property management does not want us to host the meet any longer.
We have come to an agreement to leave the property!
We can not be on the property any more!
Make sure you tell your friends NOT TO SHOW UP!
York Regional Police will be there and issuing tickets if your in the plaza!
Please don't make this hard for US!
We are upset as much as you are and we are looking for a new location!
Once again DO NOT SHOW UP!
We are not responsible if you get fined by the police!

Thanks guys!

SHARE AND TELL UR FRIENDS PLZ
Old 07-11-2013, 08:51 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

It was only a matter of time. I respect what they tried to do, but i twas just WAYYY too big to ever be abel to last on a regular basis. The amount of cars was redonkulous, and shouldn't have been done on the same night as the Italian car nights who have been doing their meets there for years without any problems.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:58 AM
stclarke
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had thought I read somewhere that the Italian car night had moved to Tuesdays.

A few weeks back I was going to head down on a Thursday, but couldn't recall times etc, so upon google'ing came across some Forum Posts from the Alpha/Fiat/Ferrarri clubs that it had been changed. I never did make it down, so can't confirm one way or another.

-Stephen
Old 07-12-2013, 11:52 PM
79 Bullet
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank god!! I was there last week. Although I don't mind the ricers, It was way out of control. They smothered the exotics Hopefully the exotics come back.

Get notified of new replies

To La Paloma Thursday nights?

Quick Reply: La Paloma Thursday nights?