Canadian Events Canada, eh?

C6 Shifter glitch

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default C6 Shifter glitch

I replaced my C5 shifter and box with a C6 ZO6 shifter and box that I bought off someone on the forum, well,after putting it in seemed ok on the floor, going down the street it sucked, would not go into reverse,no matter what i adjusted,took the box out and put my old one back in,they appear to be identical to me,seem to work for a while and now there is no way it will go into reverse,and there is no adjustement side to side as the V at the bottom of the box must sit in the channel on the side of the tunnel,so it only goes in one way. Also when it is in a gear the shifter can be moved side to side quit a bit,if it is in 1st gear,I can move the lever all the way over to 6 gear position,something is definatley not correct here. Any ideas would be appreciated. I guess it is the old stroy BUYER BEWARE. I emailed and pm d the seller but will not answer and is not on the board anymore,or changed names. At least he could have sent me some KY jelly when he sent the shifter.
Thanks Al
Old 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM
JPEAK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
I replaced my C5 shifter and box with a C6 ZO6 shifter and box that I bought off someone on the forum, well,after putting it in seemed ok on the floor, going down the street it sucked, would not go into reverse,no matter what i adjusted,took the box out and put my old one back in,they appear to be identical to me,seem to work for a while and now there is no way it will go into reverse,and there is no adjustement side to side as the V at the bottom of the box must sit in the channel on the side of the tunnel,so it only goes in one way. Also when it is in a gear the shifter can be moved side to side quit a bit,if it is in 1st gear,I can move the lever all the way over to 6 gear position,something is definatley not correct here. Any ideas would be appreciated. I guess it is the old stroy BUYER BEWARE. I emailed and pm d the seller but will not answer and is not on the board anymore,or changed names. At least he could have sent me some KY jelly when he sent the shifter.
Thanks Al
Al,did you first depress the locking key on the C5 shifter while in neutral before removing it?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

[QUOTE=JPEAK;1579815580]Al,did you first depress the locking key on the C5 shifter while in neutral before removing it?[/QUOTE

the pin in the front that locks it in Neutral ? no. but when i put the new one in put put the pin in to insure it was in neutral. Makes sense,I should have lockded in before also. I ll keep trying,one hair at a time.

Thanks Al

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Shifter glitch

Quick Reply: C6 Shifter glitch