Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Favorite Track in Grand Turismo 5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Gr8BigC
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snobike Mike
Anybody figure out how the run the Bspec stuff good?

I have the same problem with tires and getting the car/tire combo correct to match the rules of whatever races.

Trying to rack up some dough through B spec but after "watching" my idiot driver get pretty much last place no matter what commands I give him is really pretty dumb. Seems like B spec is not for me, I'd rather drive.
I'm only level 2 on Bspec, but 17 on Aspec. It's great if you've racked up a few decent cars as some races have "no restrictions". So toss your driver in a ZR1 and watch him smoke all the cars before the first turn. Then walk away and let the computer do its thing. Nothing beats watching a Corvette beat everybody else [even though its grossly weighted in the vette's favour].

Haven't had my driver finish last. He finished in the same starting position once, even though he climbed up to second on the last lap. (Stupid Yaris race)
Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 AM
C6ZR1RM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snobike Mike
Anybody figure out how the run the Bspec stuff good?

I have the same problem with tires and getting the car/tire combo correct to match the rules of whatever races.

Trying to rack up some dough through B spec but after "watching" my idiot driver get pretty much last place no matter what commands I give him is really pretty dumb. Seems like B spec is not for me, I'd rather drive.
I am not sure how you are doing it but I am up to level 22 on A Spec and 10 on B Spec. What I do for my B Spec races is I choose a car that I know has a bit of a power advantage over the other car's. When the race starts the driver will usually (with no commands from me) pass some cars but I watch the indicator that says "cold" and "hot". Once it gets to full hot I usually command the driver to "maintain pace" or "pace down" if he starts getting too crayz. If you keep him at "hot" he is gonna spin out and start making mistakes. Then once it comes down to half or below half towards the "cold" side I will command him to pace up or if he is close to someone to "overtake". Just pay attention to the laps cause they can creep up on you. Just make sure he is in a fast enough car. If the car is fast enough you can most likely get a huge lead on everyone then just "maintain pace" but I wouldnt leave the Tv cause the computer car's can catch up sometimes. Hope this helps
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Snobike Mike
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobMZ06
I am not sure how you are doing it but I am up to level 22 on A Spec and 10 on B Spec. What I do for my B Spec races is I choose a car that I know has a bit of a power advantage over the other car's. When the race starts the driver will usually (with no commands from me) pass some cars but I watch the indicator that says "cold" and "hot". Once it gets to full hot I usually command the driver to "maintain pace" or "pace down" if he starts getting too crayz. If you keep him at "hot" he is gonna spin out and start making mistakes. Then once it comes down to half or below half towards the "cold" side I will command him to pace up or if he is close to someone to "overtake". Just pay attention to the laps cause they can creep up on you. Just make sure he is in a fast enough car. If the car is fast enough you can most likely get a huge lead on everyone then just "maintain pace" but I wouldnt leave the Tv cause the computer car's can catch up sometimes. Hope this helps
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
C6ZR1RM
Instructor

Ya get a good start on the B-Spec cause once you get up in the A-Spec your gonna need a car for the A-Spec that you can only win in the B-Spec! Enjoy
Old 01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Highway Dancer
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Red Bull X2010. Fastest car in the game. If anyone wants a duped (copied) version, send me a PM with your PSN ID and I'll add you and send it over. You will have no issues with your B-Spec drivers on races with no restrictions using this.

Oh, just as a matter of reference, the X2010 will do this to the Nurburgring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJ7pghPWBY

p.s. I have it in traditional Red Bull colours (blue with red/yellow logos) or entirely Carbon fiber, with black/white logos.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
C6ZR1RM
Instructor

Pm sent
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Spinner_89
Pro

Originally Posted by Traffik
I have a Red Bull X2010. Fastest car in the game. If anyone wants a duped (copied) version, send me a PM with your PSN ID and I'll add you and send it over. You will have no issues with your B-Spec drivers on races with no restrictions using this.

Oh, just as a matter of reference, the X2010 will do this to the Nurburgring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJ7pghPWBY

p.s. I have it in traditional Red Bull colours (blue with red/yellow logos) or entirely Carbon fiber, with black/white logos.
How does it affect the rest of the game?

Quick Reply: Favorite Track in Grand Turismo 5?