Canadian Events Canada, eh?

The "new to me" man cave **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:58 AM
87gtNOS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOCRISIS
Aboard a stock, race-prepped Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo equipped with an asphalt drag track, boosted turbocharger and tweaks to the clutching, .....
'stock, RACE-prepped'!!!! Nothing Billy Howard drives is stock!

Here is stock, TRAIL ridden, 91 octane, TRAIL studs, turn on the NITROUS anytime, STOCK.

240hp real hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c85W_ps1RA

There are NO Z1Turbos that can do that, because you can't get race fuel on the trail, so they are at stock TURD-like low boost levels!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Z06T9
Instructor

Great job Mike. Can I hire you to organize and pimp out my garage. I got the space, but I don't have the look yet. Just a thought. Stuff our faces at Pete's and visit the man cave after. Just a thought????? Totally up to you - no pressure. Would love to be the first to spill a beer on that beautiful floor. See you at Pete's.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:03 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by cargo247
Very nice Mike
I have a new in box wall mount with tilt for a flat screen good to 40''. 40$ if you want it, it did not fit my setup , from the looks of it you need more stickers

Todd
I'll buy the wall mount, and yes, running out of stickers, I'm into my B and C list stock

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
You are one well organized cat Mr. Mike
Ha, I'm a lightweight, you should see Bruces set up

Originally Posted by JPEAK
Nice man cave..... However there is one thing missing....
A "4" post lift.

Originally Posted by Corvette.Lover
It looks awesome as always. You always have the best garage setup.

Originally Posted by JUSTAKAR
Mike,
You do a great job setting up the garage/man cave.....
We need a couple of beers and a decent night to bless the cave....
Ian
ps Mosport never brought anything back from the red light district for the out of town friends...guess you get the star treatment when you move in to Whitby LOL.
The perks of being in "town"

Originally Posted by 87gtNOS
Your garage looks awesome! I move into my house in 2 weeks! I want that same flooring!!

Details please on how to lay it down! Do you just roll it out? How tough is it, and how well do you think it would hold up to a snowmobile? Well, snowmobile on 3 dollys to roll it around!

Thanks!
Just unroll it, let it lay flat a few days, use adhesive at the door entrance. No way will you run a sled across it, big disadvantage of this floor.

Originally Posted by Z06T9
Great job Mike. Can I hire you to organize and pimp out my garage. I got the space, but I don't have the look yet. Just a thought. Stuff our faces at Pete's and visit the man cave after. Just a thought????? Totally up to you - no pressure. Would love to be the first to spill a beer on that beautiful floor. See you at Pete's.

I'm in Fridge is full
Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Z06T9
Instructor

See you at Pete's. We can all talk about it there. Mike you are the ultimate host! If Mid Ohio was any indication of your "hosting" skills, then I fear my garage may lose the title of the East End Club House. Thanks pal. See you later.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:53 PM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike, nice job!

I just put a new floor (Allure) in mine and held a significant birthday party for Nancy in the garage. 40 guests and lots of room. I also just won a 46 " flat screen that I may install there as well. (Nancy will always know where to find me!)

I am thinking of buying one of those garage mats from Costco to lay down for the winter under Nancy's car to catch the salt and snow. Not really necessary, but the idea is that once the crap has melted off the car, I can just grab it by the corners and pull it outside to clean it up.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Overdrive
Drifting

Originally Posted by 4 KRUSIN
I just put a new floor (Allure) in mine and held a significant birthday party for Nancy in the garage. 40 guests and lots of room. I also just won a 46 " flat screen that I may install there as well. (Nancy will always know where to find me!)
That the Allure diamond plate look that HD sells? I have a pile of that that I bought when they had it on half-price. Still have to put it down, only been sitting there for a year.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NOCRISIS
he wants a fast sled,lol,,,,

Twenty-one class wins at the largest grass drag race in history… a new 141mph world speed record with a stock sled on asphalt… and news that Team Arctic’s Tucker Hibbert will compete in the entire ISOC national snocross circuit this season! Yep, it was an ugly weekend for any brand other than Arctic Cat.
Aboard a stock, race-prepped Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo equipped with an asphalt drag track, boosted turbocharger and tweaks to the clutching, Howard ripped through the quarter-mile with a 140.91 mph/8.863-second elapsed time, setting a new world record for a stock snowmobile.

http://thearcticspeedway.wordpress.c...-with-21-wins/

Ok, first laughing at the big fat Yamaha...that's not very nice!

Now the link....there was almost a hint of snow somewhere....arn't we talking sleds? Ahhh Corvette connection asphalt.

Yes I know who Billy Howard is.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Zedder
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Looking good!!! I just started my garage reno, but I still have a long way to go...

Last edited by Zedder; 10-23-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:20 AM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Overdrive
That the Allure diamond plate look that HD sells? I have a pile of that that I bought when they had it on half-price. Still have to put it down, only been sitting there for a year.
Mine's not the diamond plate, but same commercial grade with lifetime warranty. Looked at Racedeck and others but went with the Allure because it conforms to my uneven floor the best. When I extended my garage, there is a small ridge where the old and new concrete meet.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:05 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Mine's not the diamond plate, but same commercial grade with lifetime warranty. Looked at Racedeck and others but went with the Allure because it conforms to my uneven floor the best. When I extended my garage, there is a small ridge where the old and new concrete meet.
Very nice Dave, you have one of the nicest garages I've ever been in, spacious, well laid out, great cabinets...the flooring really set's it off
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 AM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RAGGDOLL
Very nice Dave, you have one of the nicest garages I've ever been in, spacious, well laid out, great cabinets...the flooring really set's it off
Thanks Mike

The flooring adds a whole new dimension. The garage feels like part of the house now and not a garage. Also makes the floor much warmer.

Judging from the pictures of yours, the two of us could open a new Princess Auto and not have to spend any money on inventory for tools. We could be rich.

Good luck on finding that new sled.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:20 AM
87gtNOS
Racer

The last floor looks like a coating?

I move into my house in 2 weeks....garage floor area is about 20x11+.

I'd like to put something down before putting all my junk in there!! It's heated by the house and fully insulated....
Old 10-23-2010, 08:49 AM
fastvett
Burning Brakes

The exhaust pipes near the ceiling are awesome!!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:09 AM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 87gtNOS
The last floor looks like a coating?

I move into my house in 2 weeks....garage floor area is about 20x11+.

I'd like to put something down before putting all my junk in there!! It's heated by the house and fully insulated....
My floor is actually a flexible tile called Allure. It is available in three different colours and two different patterns. It is available at Home Depot and comes with a lifetime warranty when used in a residential application. It was very easy to install. The tiles do not adhere to the floor but adhere to each other. Took me two days for over 700 sq ft. Initially I wanted a Racedeck floor, but the price was about double and as mentioned in my previous post, my floor is a little uneven and I was worried about Racedeck conforming to it. Lowes also had a nice interlocking tile that I considered.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Thanks Mike

The flooring adds a whole new dimension. The garage feels like part of the house now and not a garage. Also makes the floor much warmer.

Judging from the pictures of yours, the two of us could open a new Princess Auto and not have to spend any money on inventory for tools. We could be rich.

Good luck on finding that new sled.

Thats exactly what I missed in Caesarea, the garage NOT being part of the house. Way nicer set up there, but trudging across the street every time I needed something turned out to be a deal breaker.

My garage in Sutton was also a "part" of the house. When we had parties, people would always congregate to the garage, kinda like everyone at a party hanging out in the kitchen

Quick Reply: The "new to me" man cave **pics**