Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Finally, bought a '99 FRC, Montreal area

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:53 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally, bought a '99 FRC, Montreal area

Some of you might remember that I was looking for a late C4 or early C5 manual some time ago. Thanks to everyone, I got few nice offers. But I dropped the hook a bit further and that's where I got the shark hooked. My friend lives in California and he was also looking for a vette for me, so he found a nice '99 FRC and I was hooked, not sure about the shark...

So, now this vette has been imported to Canada and is sitting in my carage in Montreal. Any cruisings or other gatherings still going on in Montreal area? Now I have a car to participate.

Here are few pics taken in Montreal area.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Riku! Very nice ride

lauri

PS..Cruises and fun in TO next summer
Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

nice ride,,,,,
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, looks like previous owner did took care of it, looks stockish nice.

FRC's rule. If there's no FRC or Z06 in C5 i would have just stay with C4, C5 coupes and coverts never looked right.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Indy
Melting Slicks

Nice Vette...are those lights in the license plate area permanently integrated or can you take them off without leaving holes? They look a bit out of place...otherwise a beautiful frc...maybe loose those Z06 badges, or does it say something else. It's kind of hard to see. Indy
Old 10-24-2009, 11:27 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Thanks all! For sure I need to take a trip to TO one day...

It is stock(ish), I'm planning to loose those Z06 badges as it's not Z. Brake cooling ducts are OK as well as the small rear spoiler. I can hide those LeMans lights behind the stock license plate cover. Bigger thing is the louvers on the hood. At first I didn't like them, but they come with the car and can't take them off. Now that I've been looking them for a few days they are kind of OK. I have to think about what to do with them... They look like they are BMW M3 or Aston-Martin fender louvers...

It also has short throw shifter, but the orihinal came with the car. I'm still undecided if I should change back to stoc shifter. Time will tell...
Old 10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
LT4 F45
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

now that you got the vette you must drive it but snow will be here soon
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Great looking car.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:28 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FinnShark
Thanks all! For sure I need to take a trip to TO one day...

It is stock(ish), I'm planning to loose those Z06 badges as it's not Z. Brake cooling ducts are OK as well as the small rear spoiler. I can hide those LeMans lights behind the stock license plate cover. Bigger thing is the louvers on the hood. At first I didn't like them, but they come with the car and can't take them off. Now that I've been looking them for a few days they are kind of OK. I have to think about what to do with them... They look like they are BMW M3 or Aston-Martin fender louvers...

It also has short throw shifter, but the orihinal came with the car. I'm still undecided if I should change back to stoc shifter. Time will tell...
To each their own but keep the short throw..most people change out the stock for good reason. A little research in the C5 or Autocross & Roadracing sections on shifters and you will see all the threads on this very topic.

lauri
Old 10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, i change mine 3 different ones before i settled with C6 Z06, and i dont like thier ****, so i thread myself and use the C5 style ball **** and at the same time i cut about 3/4" as well even shorter, i love it. Get the C6 Z06 shifter. I tried MGW most expensive one, nope too harsh in street and dont even try B&M either.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally, bought a '99 FRC, Montreal area

Quick Reply: Finally, bought a '99 FRC, Montreal area