Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Wolf's Mosport Pics and Vids

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:16 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Wolf's Mosport Pics and Vids

Well I got home just a little while ago ... and I've started uploading pics onto Photobucket ... and I'll get to the Vids tomorrow on YouTube.

Tomorrow, I'll work on the whole post ... but I had to post this one pic ... the Very First GT2 Corvette Victory in the ALMS!

Mark
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
qwikredline
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-pic
Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Another "Must Post" ... this one, a vid ... for those that were there ... you'll remember this, and have a chuckle!

For everyone else ... one of the beauties of being at the track, and having access to the closed circuit TV ... is that you end up having the camera-guys catch some priceless moments.

At Mosport ... a large number of people love to camp at the track ... they have tents or trailers ... have BBQ's ... and bon-fires.

Well this young guy or girl (not really sure) decides he is going to help out, by chopping some wood ... he/she has no idea that they are on TV ... and while this is all going on, Janet was trying to talk to us over the PA system.

MORE VIDS!!!!

C6.R taking Turn 2 ... and heading into Turn 3 ... Gotta love that sound!

#3 Corvette coming off track into the Paddock area.

Mark

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 09-01-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

That kid was just too damn funny.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Well the Corvette Forum - Canadian Section was well represented this weekend at the Mosport ALMS Weekend.

On Friday almost a dozen CF members met up at Club House East (Sunset Grill) for an awesome breakfast ... and then Steve (Mosport1) lead the merry band up to Mosport through the back roads of Whitby, Oshawa and Bowmanville.

We went up to the Corral, and found Nick, Janet, Ron and Sue preparing the Corral for Saturday's opening (the Corral was not 'Officially' open on Friday, hence I was able to park my GTP in there, since my Vette is still up at the Spa getting some work done on it.)

As we wandered around the Mosport grounds, we ran across some of our favorite vendors, like Cooper Tires! You gotta admire the Marketing genius behind their brand.

We then ran across this years Pace Car, an Audi R8 with the V10 engine ... cool ... but too bad no Audi's are actually in the race this weekend (ALMS) ... and after looking at the Mosport Program ... I kinda looks like they put an R10 or R15 on the cover ... weird eh?

We stopped by Intersport ... Jon and Clint Field are a privateer entry in the P1 division ... and Ohio Dave knows both of them well since their shop is about 20 minutes from Granville. The cool thing this year, is they signed rising Canuck star, Kyle Marcheli to a deal. Kyle is running their IMSA Lite car, and testing their P1 car. Klye told us that he had been testing at Mid-Ohio, and was turning times quicker than both Jon and Clint, and they have now announced that he will be the third driver at the Petit Le Mans race in Atlanta later in September. So if you are looking for another reason to attend this amazing race ... look no further!

Here we see Kyle being interviewed by Barrie TV ...

The wall between turns 9 & 10 ... which holds special meaning to me ... if you know why ... enter your answer here ... and you could win ... a ... um ... Timbit

Wrapping up Friday ... the Corvette Forum Guys head back up to the Corral ...

SATURDAY - Corvette Racing Visits the Corral ...

Well Saturday was Celebrity Choice award, Autographs, and several Talks by different members of the Corvette Racing Team.

I saw Olivier Beretta entering the Corral, and he made a bee-line for a certain White C3 ... I think I saw Bruce hand him a white envelope stuffed with something ... Just kidding Bruce! Well Olivier was blown away by Bruce's car, and they had a long talk about everything that Bruce has done to restore his car, and all the hours he spent on the project.

The Drivers spent a good 30 minutes in the Corral signing autographs, and we convinced Johnny Eh to say a few words before they had to return to the Paddock for a Drivers Meeting. I was able to get my Roter signed by all the drivers, and I think after talking about my incident between turns 9 & 10, they all gained a little more respect for that part of the track I recommended that if they had to force one of the competitors off track in that area, push them to the left hand side, and they might just run into the rest of my roter that was never found after the incident.

Doug Feeham came in next, and recounted a number of entertaining stories about GM, Corvette Racing, The New C7, and how the integrated Radar/Laser/Jammer on the new HHR can help you avoid speeding tickets!

Here we see Doug recounting one of his stories, and the Michelin Man looking on ....

SUNDAY - Race Day!

The Corvette Forum Guys and Gals arrived at the Corral ... and Janet was preparing to handout all of the Hardware for the Celebrity Choice, Distance and the All Important Club Participation Awards.

Virginia John (CF - LJD51) was experiencing his first visit to Mosport, and lead the way with two awards, and one Hot Pitt Pass Prize. John graciously regifted the Pitt Pass award to Ray (FFIN90) after IMSA sent up the wrong size fire suit

Frankie (CF - Frankies2) Won another Celebrity Choice Award!

... and Bruce (CF - 7T2VETTE) took home his 5th straight Celebrity Choice Award.

Nick and Janet also took home a C.C. Award with their silver C6 Vert ... which made me happy and sad (since my baby is still up at the Spa)

There were a couple of CCO guys at the Corral as well ...

Jack also took home some hardware (CF - VETFEVER JACK) ... Smile Jack!

The Hamilton's from New Brunswick won the Distance Award (Canadian Edition) ... and Virginia John won the American Edition

Finally, the Club Participation Award ... Now a little history, the Corvette Forum Guys and Gals consider ourselvers the "Un-Club" or the "Non-Club" ... but due to our incredible dedication to this event and the Corvette Racing team ... we have won the Club Participation award for the past 3 years at Mosport, as well as at Mid-Ohio, and I think we might have almost won at Petit Le Man as well.

Well this year we had a minor set back, and the CCO guys won it this year ... not sure where they were on Friday & Saturday, since the majority of cars in the Corral were all CF cars ... but I guess they rallied the troops, or they cut the judges a bigger cheque this year and they took top honors. We won the "runner up" award, and our American Members were invited up to accept the award.

Next year we'll have to make sure we regain our rightful position as top Club Participants, even though we are not officially a club ... ... sorry, I'm a competitive SOB!

Mark

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 08-31-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:48 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

cool pics Mark,,,,, let me assure you,,,those walls are not fun for the passenger either,,,,
I have road Atlanta in my sights,,,,,maybe 50-50 at this point,,,,,,how about you?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

The Corral from a gods eye point of view ... right Bruce?

The all important BBQ!

Staging for the Parade Lap ... Hurry Up ... and ... Wait ...

This is what happens if you don't follow the IMSA Parade Lap rules ... this guy forgot to put on his hazzards ...

Pictures of the actual race ... Turn 2

A quick stop at the Patron Tent ... gotta get my pic with the girls! Athough the girls looked like they were suffering from Hypothermia ...

Heading across the Bridge, and across the track to ... the other side!

Corvettes win their first GT2 race!!!!

Sad Ferrari team member heading home ... better luck next time!

Corvette Racing Pitt Set up ...

Mark

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 08-31-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Post Race - Winner Circle and the Corvette Racing Paddock

#4 Car ... places 3rd in the race ... The Two Ollies talk about the race ...

Is that the Stay Puff Marsh Mellow Man? NO! It's the Michelin Man!!!! And no, they still won't give Lou G tires for Petit Le Mans ... but their PC answer almost sounded good ... Almost!

Heading to the podium to get the trophies!

Doug with his Trophy ...

Yes, Joelle is wearing my jacket ... I think she thought it was a tent.

#1 GT2 Team! ...

After the win ... then the race gods smiled down on the Corvettes ...

Some of the Corvette Forum Crew ...

Doug and John ... John was getting ready to head back to Virginia ... and don't worry, he made it home safely!

Doug going to meet up with the Cute OPP officer, and explain to her why her Laser Detector didn't work with his HHR ... Keep it under 150 Doug!

The #4 car arrives after Tech. Inspection ... so we had to get a pic with Oliver ... All the CF guys and gals agreed, Oliver has really become a much more personable guy with the fans ... keep it up Oliver!

Hey Johnny ... Get Over here for a picture!!!

OK Mark, sorry about being late ...

No worries Johnny, now smile for the camera ...

Will you let my family go now Mark?

Maybe Johnny, can I have your Michelin Podium hat
?

Hey Jan! Get your Butt over here for a picture!

Sorry I'm late Mark ... but I had to drive the last part of the race ...

No excusses Jan, now smile

... and the winning #3 car finally arrives ...

Mark

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 08-31-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

IF those tickets get any bigger you better hope it's not a windy day

Sure am glad there was no CCTV back in the '70's when I used to go and watch the F1 races
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Nice pics Mark. Great weekend all around.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FFIN90
Nice pics Mark. Great weekend all around.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Yep ... it was a great weekend ... even if the weather did not fully cooperate.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
MOSPORT1
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

As always love your commentary,,,,
great weekend boys.
Just watched the race and the announcers mentioned how Johnny became an honorary Canuck. The GT2 class got lots of coverage.
Overall an outstanding race despite the weather.
And Dave sorry,, totally forgot about your Peameal bacon. Bruce reminded me on the way home,, since I didn't have your cell,, I called Ray but no answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like another excuse to come up for a visit!!
but,,,, check out this site,,,it's pricey...

http://www.realcanadianbacon.com/
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 AM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

very cool,,,I guess they had to pick a "club" this year,,,,
Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
MOSPORT1
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

The last couple of laps,,, what a battle,,,

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=36187656001

BTW Ohio Dave makes another cameo.
On the full coverage from Speed, during the interview with Johnny O,, you can see Dave in the background,,,,
Old 09-01-2009, 08:24 AM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great photos and vids. As always Mark, you regale us with your story telling. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MOSPORT1

On the full coverage from Speed, during the interview with Johnny O,, you can see Dave in the background,,,,
awesome clip,,,,,,

Get notified of new replies

To Wolf's Mosport Pics and Vids

Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 PM
OhioDave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'17-'18-'19-'20-21

As always love your commentary,,,,
great weekend boys.
Just watched the race and the announcers mentioned how Johnny became an honorary Canuck. The GT2 class got lots of coverage.
Overall an outstanding race despite the weather.
And Dave sorry,, totally forgot about your Peameal bacon. Bruce reminded me on the way home,, since I didn't have your cell,, I called Ray but no answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like another excuse to come up for a visit!!
but,,,, check out this site,,,it's pricey...

http://www.realcanadianbacon.com/
I have purchased from them!!! Bought the pre-sliced package!! Need to take your advise and do the BBQ thing with it.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
OhioDave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'17-'18-'19-'20-21

Great pics Mark.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Awesome clip dude!

I swear that I can see those yellow tablecloths we were waving as they zip by turn 8!!

Quick Reply: Wolf's Mosport Pics and Vids