Canadian Events Canada, eh?

P21S > Worlds Best Wax some testing

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
hellotbone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P21S > Worlds Best Wax some testing

Just did a detail on the car today thought I would post some thoughts. I purchased the Worlds best wax from the toronto retailer and manufacturer and the P21S from autogeek.

I washed the car with Zaino car wash and dried it. Then I used the worlds best wax paint cleaner to remove all old wax and contaminates I really do like this stuff it works awesome and is decent at removing water spots and grime. Not the same as clay but alot faster and if you don't need the deep cleaning of clay this stuff is great.

I started with Worlds best wax and did 1/2 my trunk then the P21S 100% Carnuba on the other 1/2. let them stand the same amount of time both came off very easily with no oils left behind or streaking. I then started to feel the surface and to be honest the P12S side felt at least double as slick as the Worlds best wax side.

I applied a second coat of each wax to their respective sides and noticed the applicator slid very easily on both sides.

Removing the wax a second time both seemed to come off even easier and gain rubbing my hand over the surface the P21S was slicker.

This is by no means scientific I do not know the durability of each however both waxes seem great I felt the P21S to be the slicker one. I will see how things go over the next few weeks.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've heard some really good things about the P21S
Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
terry621
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Peterborough"I'd rather be topless than all couped up" Ontario
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10

Default canada

is it available in Retail here or shipped from USA anybody know..

heading stateside for next week..
Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Glass Act
Melting Slicks

Location: 406ci SB, AFR 180 Heads - 490 HP @5,600 RPM 529 lb-ft @ 4,100 RPM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terry621
is it available in Retail here or shipped from USA anybody know..

heading stateside for next week..
You can get it in Ontario for $40.00
eshine.ca Port Colborne, Ont.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
terry621
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Peterborough"I'd rather be topless than all couped up" Ontario
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10

thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 AM
hellotbone
Racer

Some of the things I can't really vouch for yet are durability and shine, I did have my car out in the sun yesterday and I find that the P21S has no oils in the wax which tend to deepen or richen the black of the car, I think there maybe a difference in slickness vs color depth etc...

I am going to do another car this weekend a Crossfire which is blue and use the worlds best wax on it, it is driven about the same as my vette so it should give a good idea of durability.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 AM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have applied World's Best in three coats so far on my VY C6 (06). I am quite impressed so far with the gloss and depth. It is often harder to see this on lighter colored cars but so far so good. I have used my Porter Cable 7424 to apply and my UDM 1000 with a microfiber sleeve to buff out. The results are very good coming from a Zaino-phile. I also appreciate that it does not leave residue.

Wouldn't mind trying the other brand P21S for comparison.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 AM
MikeG06
Advanced

Default S100

Originally Posted by hellotbone
Some of the things I can't really vouch for yet are durability and shine, I did have my car out in the sun yesterday and I find that the P21S has no oils in the wax which tend to deepen or richen the black of the car, I think there maybe a difference in slickness vs color depth etc...

I am going to do another car this weekend a Crossfire which is blue and use the worlds best wax on it, it is driven about the same as my vette so it should give a good idea of durability.

FYI, If you like the P21S, you may as well use thier S100 paste wax reported the same wax available at the Harley Davidson store but much cheaper...I use it to top Collinite's No. 845 for durability.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 PM
hellotbone
Racer

So I did the same treatment to the Crossfire today with the worlds best wax paint cleaner. Then two coats of worlds best wax, I immiedately noticed the WBW was alot harder to get off the car than the P21S, it took at least 2x the rubbing and pressure to get it all off.

I think from my initial impressions I prefer the P21S over the WBW however I really like the WBW clay and the paint cleaner is the best I have used / seen.

The above conclusion is soley based on application/removal and slickness I have no info yet on durability or shine.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
hellotbone
Racer

Default Update

Ok time for an update.

I had noticed my car was harder and harder to keep clean and noticed the beading to be getting worse. I can now say the P21S has not passed the durability test for me. I left a panel with just Zaino on it from last year and it still beads better. I spent last friday stripping my car and going back to Zaino, the WBW on the crossfire is already dying off as well. I zainoed my fiance's car last fall and its still beading after a winter of abuse!

Back to Zaino results, this was done after a quick swirl removal with a black pad and some merzerna.

Get notified of new replies

To P21S > Worlds Best Wax some testing

Quick Reply: P21S > Worlds Best Wax some testing