Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Any car events in Montreal area during the winter months?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any car events in Montreal area during the winter months?

I will be in Montreal for the winter months so I was thinking that maybe some of you know if there are anything a car nut wants to see during these cold months?

It seems that I will be in Montreal from early November to the end of February. End date is not exact, but I will fly there 1st of November.

If I'm correct there is a car show in January (for new cars) in Montreal. Anything else? Are there any car museums or something else to see? All Corvettes are (already?) packed to garage?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes there is the new car show which is always too crowded. There may also be another car show, kinda of a ricer thing but I'm not sure of the name of it.

I also think there is some ice racing not far from the city but I haven't looked into it or been to such an event for a very long time, but I'm sure there is some events like that around here.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Miaugi
Yes there is the new car show which is always too crowded. There may also be another car show, kinda of a ricer thing but I'm not sure of the name of it.

I also think there is some ice racing not far from the city but I haven't looked into it or been to such an event for a very long time, but I'm sure there is some events like that around here.
There is the Montreal International Auto Show Jan 16-25
http://www.montrealautoshow.com/en/index

The Salon Auto Show (No 2009 schedule posted as of yet)
http://www.pcmtl.com/

On February 7th the 2009 season will be launched with Maniwaki’s Rallye Val Gatinois in Haute-Gatineau. The Rallye de Falardeau, in Saguenay, will follow two weeks later as the second of two snow and ice winter events.
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...rder=0&thold=0
Old 10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Thanks Miaugi and Zeeman! At least there is something to see. Thanks for the links! That Rally thing sounds interesting. Ice racing would be fun to watch if there is races somewhere close to Montreal. I'll be waiting and checking local papers for events. What are the best papers / magazines to keep an eye on for happenings?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

I've landed to Canada, with a jump land via Toronto. Just a short stop in Toronto before flying to Montreal. Are there any similar cruisings / race days as guys seem to have in Ontario?

Sunday was a nice day! I walked from old town to down town and to Mount Royal. Beautiful city! But I saw only two Corvettes and they were both C6's. One silver Z06 and blue convertible with saddle interior and top. Great looking cars! Are all the old ones already hibernating?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
mike_1103
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Welcome to Montreal!

I am a new C6 owner since August 1st and I still have to see a GT from Corvette Forum members here in Montreal. I think we are quieter than our friends from GTA!

You won't see that many Corvettes on Quebec's roads unfortunately. Took the car for a ride last saturday and I only saw one convertible C5 in four hours of driving on a sunny but cold day.

Nice picture on the above post. I see you made it to the Mont-Royal Observatory. The building where I work is hidden behind Place Ville-Marie (the tallest building which is cross shaped).

Weather should be good for the next two days so keep your eyes open, you might see a few more Corvettes before we hide them for winter.

Regards,

Mike.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Thanks Mike!

Weather was good during the week, but unfortunately I was sitting in the office... Yesterday wasn't as nice anymore. Didn't see a single Corvette in downtown.

Week ago in sunday I had a long walk from Oldtown to downtown, back and fort Katherine and then to Mont-Royal and back to downtown. You have a very beautiful city!

Unfortunately at the moment I'm a bit stuck at the hotel because I don't have a car yet. Hopefully I will get one during the week. Then it would be a bit easier and cheaper to move around. Taxi - Metro combination is not the best possible choise.

Originally Posted by mike_1103
Welcome to Montreal!

I am a new C6 owner since August 1st and I still have to see a GT from Corvette Forum members here in Montreal. I think we are quieter than our friends from GTA!

You won't see that many Corvettes on Quebec's roads unfortunately. Took the car for a ride last saturday and I only saw one convertible C5 in four hours of driving on a sunny but cold day.

Nice picture on the above post. I see you made it to the Mont-Royal Observatory. The building where I work is hidden behind Place Ville-Marie (the tallest building which is cross shaped).

Weather should be good for the next two days so keep your eyes open, you might see a few more Corvettes before we hide them for winter.

Regards,

Mike.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mike_1103
Welcome to Montreal!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
mike_1103
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FinnShark
Weather was good during the week, but unfortunately I was sitting in the office... Yesterday wasn't as nice anymore. Didn't see a single Corvette in downtown.
Was in the same boat.

Weather was really awesome this week, but I was stuck downtown at the office.

However, I was able to take the Vette out for a spin this afternoon: 90 minutes and 142 kilometers later, she was back in her warm garage.

I just cannot convince myself to store her for the winter yet so, as long as there is no snow on the ground, she will be ready to roll.

Mike.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Thanks Miaugi! It's good to be here!

Mike, I'll keep on eye if I see you and your car somewhere.

Let's assume that I manage to get wheels for me during these few days. What are good places to see during the weekend? I've seen the downtown, so maybe something around the city?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 PM
mike_1103
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Nice roads around Montreal

Originally Posted by FinnShark
Let's assume that I manage to get wheels for me during these few days. What are good places to see during the weekend? I've seen the downtown, so maybe something around the city?
Places I like to go while cruising are:

1 - For a relaxed cruise, especially in summer, I like to go to the Old Montreal. The local scenery is really nice there;

2 - If I want to see how poor I am, I go to Crescent Street and look at the Ferraris and Lambos there;

3 - For a highway cruise, I enjoy heading on autoroute 10 towards the Eastern Townships, or on autoroute 15 towards Tremblant;

4 - For a local road cruise, I really like provincial roads 133 and 223 that are on each side of the Richelieu River.

Other Montrealers will certainly add to this.

Mike.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:27 PM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Thanks Mike!

I got wheels, so I think I will head somewhere out of town on the weekend. Route 15 to Tremblant looks interesting. As well local routes at the river.

Maybe I have to visit at Crasent Street though. I want to feel poor...

Get notified of new replies

To Any car events in Montreal area during the winter months?

Quick Reply: Any car events in Montreal area during the winter months?