Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

C8 Z07 orange stitching

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 11:19 AM
Tucker3307
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wholeheartedly agree. Tan should be enjoyed as-is.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:52 PM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 334 Likes on 141 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by Tucker3307
It is not an option, but people over the years have posted in forums about using a fabric marker to color the light grey stitching that comes w black seats. I did that on my black on black C7. Colored the stitching red to match the red calipers. Used a marker brand called Kuretake bought on Amazon. Since you are essentially dyeing the stitching by coloring it, it looks legit. Took me about 90 mins. Have to just be patient, have a couple markers, and a rag to wipe any excess that gets on the leather (comes off easy). It works and makes a HUGE difference in helping the interior pop if you go w black interior and want subtle color matching with the exterior color. Everyone who saw the interior raved abt it.
Wow, had no idea! Thank you for sharing! I have seen folks dye their stitching black, but not from light grey to various colors. Def will keep that in mind. I want to do wolf grey with orange seat belt, and paint calipers more of a brighter orange than the burnt orange (do not want ccb's either). My Tennessee Vol fandom is bleeding through!

Quick Reply: C8 Z07 orange stitching